July 29, 2014 | 1635 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Liquidlast Liner - Point Black

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2012 2:28:00 PM More reviews by sysco9

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product retails for aound 18$ in Canada. At first I was blown away by the incredible staying power. The staying power is so good that you could honestly put your head under water and it will not budge! The color is VERY dark which is great for me. The price for me is honestly fine, I dont mind it and already have repurchased. This product can be messy at first if you have not had alot of experience with liquid liner, so I would definetly not recommend it for begginers. Only downfall is recently I have noticed it has been fading alittle as the day has gone on, which I feel is odd but I will still repurchase! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2012 8:56:00 AM More reviews by ohsailor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used to love Liquidlast and it definitely has it's positive points but unfortunately, it irritates my eyes so much. They feel gritty and itchy and painful whenever I use it.
Which is a pity as it is incredibly long lasting and so easy to apply.
It really makes your eyes pop and the black is deep and intense.
The price is pretty reasonable and certainly in line with other similar brands that are medium/high end and it certainly lasts a while (and I used to wear this every.single.day) so you get value for money.
Unfortunately, along with the incredible itching that I get, after only an hour or so, this stuff can be impossible to remove. And I would often wake up with remnants the morning after despite carefully trying to take it off with a variety of removers.
Also, if you happen to get any remnants off with your cleanser, it sticks to your sink and it's a hard task trying to clean it away.

If my eyes didn't itch so badly, I would probably re-purchase but I'm going to stick to a cheaper and less aggravating alternative.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by thinkpink241

I love this product, however there is a cheaper alternative that is an exact DUPE for this product

Milani make an inifinate liner which is black. Same idea, little tube with brush. Have to remove with oil based remover.

Milani 5.99 CA
MAC 22.00 CA

so if you want the same product that is wayyy cheaper but the same results and quality get the Milani.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2012 5:26:00 PM More reviews by vanillalush

I have really oily lids, and everything creases + smudges on me, even the so claimed waterproof ones (cheap and expensive ones). I don't even need to use a primer with this. It's the only liner that will stay on throughout the whole day, and night till the next day! I use a different brush to put it on, and I take it off with a remover that is meant for waterproof makeup. I highly recommend this if you have oily lids like me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2012 7:04:00 AM More reviews by AllThatGlittters

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I really enjoy using this eye liner, it lasts ALL day from morning until evening. There isn't any flaking or smudging, it truly stays in place. The applicator is initially difficult to use however as you begin to get used to it, it gets much easier to handle and do more precise lines. When using this, I tend to curl my lashes first as if you get this stuff on your lashes it makes them clumpy and unmanagable to curl. Apart from this issue, it's a great liquid liner with amazing staying power also the colour is really black and opaque.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2012 11:05:00 AM More reviews by ilovejp

I bought this eyeliner a couple of years ago and was very disappointed. It is very thick in texture and gloopy. The staying power us good however I find that most other liquid eyeliners work just as well especially if using a primer underneath. It was one of the few only products which I was disappointed with from MAC.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2012 8:59:00 PM More reviews by wanny

This eyeliner really does last a long time. When I bought it, the girl at the counter said I was a step away from tattooing. It stays all day but it can be washed off with an oil-based eye makeup remover. The formula is very thick and hard to work with. I also hate the brush that comes with it. Instead of using this brush, I just use an ELF angled eyeliner brush and it works great. It definitely takes a lot of practice, but since every kind of liquid eyeliner I've tried has smudged on me, it's worth it! Also, it sucks that they only have black. I use this eyeliner on my lash line instead of my lids, since black eyeliner can look a little too bold on me. It makes my lashes more voluminous. I tried using this on my waterline once, but it got onto my contacts and it was hard to get it off! Overall, it's a good buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2012 6:48:00 AM More reviews by irisis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this liner. A true black that is very opaque. It definitely lasts all day, I have oily lids and it still doesn't budge.

The only thing I don't like is the brush. The product ends up all over the brush length and I get it in my eyelashes. To fix this I just use an angled brush to get the product off the brush and apply it that way. It helps me get a straight line too!

Overall love this product, amd the price isn't bad either because it lasts a long time :)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2012 8:32:00 PM More reviews by 1316

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So after hearing much rave about this product I decided to purchase. I had heard it was super stay proof so I decided to test it on a day when it was really hot & I would be sweating & in contact with water. Also I did not put any other eye product on my eye like mascara or eyeshadow to clearly see how well it would perform. On the hot car ride there I noticed it started to smudge a little so I wiped it away and did not touch it up again until I got home. On the way back home I asked a friend if it smudged and she said it looked like I had eyeliner on the bottom & sure enough it had smudged a bit so I was a little bit disappointed since I was hoping that this would be the miracle product that wouldn't smudge on my asian mono lidded eyes. As far as the consistency is, it is a bit goopy and tends to get all over my eyelashes which is frustrating and I am also not a fan of the brush applicator.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2012 4:55:00 AM More reviews by Carolinabuggy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

A beautiful eyeliner with a much-appreciated matte finish, Mac liquidlast does not disappoint.
Unless you make a mistake, that is.
Removal is a hassle, and many, many cotton balls soaked in quality eye makeup remover (I use Clinique's Take the Day Off and it works beautifully) will be harmed in said process, but there are a few things that I wouldn't do for beauty.
Having been gifted with the much-desired Asian monolids that fold in when I open my eyes (read: once I open my eyes, you will not see the makeup I have applied up to my annoyingly-faint crease. Awesome, I know.), I had all but given up on makeup when I decided to invest in this gem. My monolids will rub off any eye makeup I apply and don't even think about mascara. Raccoon eyes are an undesired friend of mine, a friend that I have long dreamed of being rid of to no avail. I personally find it extremely difficult to work with my eyes in terms of makeup as I have to apply a tremendous amount of makeup just for it to be seen once I open my eyes (to see my eye type, google Liu Wen. She's like me, but a whole prettier.) and that coupled with super mutant rubbing off power leads to much frustration and anger.
This baby, however, has made me happy.
I can apply makeup and it stays.
Crazy shit right there.
It has taken me months and many makeup tutorials to get here, but tonight I finally mastered the liquid eyeliner (okay, I mastered doing the wing on one eye, but we all have to start somewhere, right?) and it was all thanks to this. It's smooth, but not runny, thick, but not overly goopy, and is a very nice, intense black. If the brush wasn't so feeble and annoying, I would marry it, but I guess it just isn't meant to be in that aspect. I am currently searching for the perfect angled eyeliner brush to go with and I am positive that once I find this this eyeliner will become a life-long friend. (I also need to work on lining both eyes in an identical fashion, but that's what summers are for, right?)
Overall, I find the amount received for the price to be a bit annoying, but, as I haven't found anything that could hold a candle to this, who am I to complain? It's quality eyeliner with a sucky-ass brush (which can cause you pain if you happen to be me and prone to poking yourself in the eye while applying makeup) and I will most likely be a committed user till death due us apart (or until I discover that there's more to life than makeup. Jk.)