February 1, 2015 | 2086 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 188 Small Duo Fibre Face brush

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2012 11:07:00 PM More reviews by juicy415

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

its soft and works well for mineralize products. i like this to use for liquid foundation and shimmery products to dust it on my face. its a good brush but quite expensive, but works wonder! i wouldnt repurchase because a brush last forever!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2012 3:55:00 PM More reviews by blua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I thought long and hard about buying this brush, one because of the price, and two because I was sure there would be a dupe for it somewhere. Well, I took the plunge and put down the $50+ to buy it. At first, I loved it...then somewhere down the road it sucked. I don't know if it's the cleanser I used or the way I washed it...but it just had bent hairs and everytime I used it, I would take an extra couple minutes to pick at the little black hairs that shed. I was crushed cause I spent so much on it, and that the brush cleanser I used NEVER did that to any of my other brushes. Anyway, the performance wasn't that great at that time also.Then a couple weeks ago, I was watching gossmakeupartist on youtube, and he had a video up on how to use a stippling brush. The way he explained it gave me a new light on using it again. So yesterday, I did it the way he explained it to me...and...for the first time...I really had that 'airbrush' look. AND It wasn't shedding anymore! When I do clean it now, I just swirl it in little circles in the palm of my hand and gently squeeze out extra water when I wash it out. I form it into a tip and let it dry for 2 days. I'm really loving it! But because of the shedding and crap I had to put up with before, I'm only giving this a 3 out of 5. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 2/26/2012 6:12:00 AM More reviews by Huda90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use it mostly to apply foundation and sometimes to apply shimmer and highlights. I found that after a few washes the bristles started to come out while I was applying my foundation, leaving them on my face. Iím really disappointed; it just doesn't worth the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2012 8:34:00 PM More reviews by pritha

UPDATE: I have a lot to say about this concealer so much so that there's no room in MU's review window, please go here to check out my thoughts on this product:

I was making changes to this posting before so I apologize if anyone wasn't able to get to my review, try again, thanks :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2011 11:42:00 AM More reviews by anjuv

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I actually set out to buy the 187, but the MA used this to even out my complexion with the foundation I already had on (ELDW) and the result was a smooth even finish. So I went ahead and bought this. This is a small brush but I found it to be useful around the nose area and also around the eye. I also use it to apply blush and since it picks a small amount so you get a natural finish. Overall stippling is a great way to apply foundation and this brush also doubles up as a blush brush, probably will be better for creme blushes. Will repurchase but I guess this will last a long while. Have not seen any shedding as yet.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2011 7:48:00 PM More reviews by wintertragedyx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Originally bought this brush for foundation ($24 at the Orlando CCO) but it is wayyyyyy too small for that (for me, atleast). I was perplexed about how I would use this brush but finally found the thing it is absolutely PERFECT FOR! Any sort of cream blush. I have used it with Tarte's cheek stain (another product that so many love and eluded me for the longest time...until trying it with this brush!) and Stila's convertible color and it stipples JUST the right amount of color and blends it like a dream. Now I will never eeevvveeerrr be without one of these little beauties.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2011 6:46:00 PM More reviews by ceen

Shape of this brush allows a remarkable lightness of touch not usually afforded by other brush shapes. And for me, this is this product's USP since such brush action works perfectly for flawless blending of concealer and corrector pen product around nose and eyes areas.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2011 1:38:00 PM More reviews by kxpapado

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love it! I purchased an 187 and next day I got the 188 too! I use it for my eyes base make up (primer+concealer+setting powder) and it applies beautifully and blends everything flawlessly.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2011 1:54:00 PM More reviews by pinkjennipoo

I bought this brush because I thought I was going to be using it with my Chanel liquid foundation, but it turned out I hated my foundation so I started using my MAC Studio Fix (powder). So now, I am using it as my powder brush, and I love it! It gives my face a airbrushed look, and I love how I can get as detailed as I want. It is a bit pricey, but compared to my Shu Uemura brushes, this is cake walk. I suggest you girls purchase this brush, because honestly, it is worth the money!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2011 9:05:00 PM More reviews by Annushka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I thought it would use this bush for blush, but have ended up using it for concealer. I use MAC Select concealer in NC35 (the concealer in the little squeeze tube) and have found this this brush is alot better to buff the concealer into my skin to make it look flawless. It also has the added benefit of the big head, so you can actually buff the concealer into your skin and not know where youve put it! i like to squeeze the conealer onto my face or hands and then spread it out with the brush them stipple in until its dried. It gives great coverage and i can build more coverage if i wanted to without it looking weird. It works well into the eye area, much better than my bigger 189 brush and gives the socket a more unified application.
the only downside to this brush is that it sheds on my face. mine doesnt shed alot, but it does shed. my larger MAc stippling brush (189 i think) doesnt do this.
i would repurchase again, i think it is a great tool for multiuse an i am sure it owuld have worked great with a blush and for foundations.