August 23, 2014 | 1744 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - 188 Small Duo Fibre Face brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2011 6:46:00 PM More reviews by ceen

Shape of this brush allows a remarkable lightness of touch not usually afforded by other brush shapes. And for me, this is this product's USP since such brush action works perfectly for flawless blending of concealer and corrector pen product around nose and eyes areas.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2011 1:38:00 PM More reviews by kxpapado

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love it! I purchased an 187 and next day I got the 188 too! I use it for my eyes base make up (primer+concealer+setting powder) and it applies beautifully and blends everything flawlessly.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2011 1:54:00 PM More reviews by pinkjennipoo

I bought this brush because I thought I was going to be using it with my Chanel liquid foundation, but it turned out I hated my foundation so I started using my MAC Studio Fix (powder). So now, I am using it as my powder brush, and I love it! It gives my face a airbrushed look, and I love how I can get as detailed as I want. It is a bit pricey, but compared to my Shu Uemura brushes, this is cake walk. I suggest you girls purchase this brush, because honestly, it is worth the money!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2011 9:05:00 PM More reviews by Annushka

I thought it would use this bush for blush, but have ended up using it for concealer. I use MAC Select concealer in NC35 (the concealer in the little squeeze tube) and have found this this brush is alot better to buff the concealer into my skin to make it look flawless. It also has the added benefit of the big head, so you can actually buff the concealer into your skin and not know where youve put it! i like to squeeze the conealer onto my face or hands and then spread it out with the brush them stipple in until its dried. It gives great coverage and i can build more coverage if i wanted to without it looking weird. It works well into the eye area, much better than my bigger 189 brush and gives the socket a more unified application.
the only downside to this brush is that it sheds on my face. mine doesnt shed alot, but it does shed. my larger MAc stippling brush (189 i think) doesnt do this.
i would repurchase again, i think it is a great tool for multiuse an i am sure it owuld have worked great with a blush and for foundations.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2011 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Shoppingisasport

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is one of my MAC brushes that I don't even realize how much I use it but I wouldn't be able to live without. I use it to even out any uneven spots on my face when I put on my foundation. Then I use it to put on just the right amount of blush. FINALLY I use it with my setting powder (which I don't use everyday but pretty often). It also works good for bronzer and a few times I have used it for foundation and it works wonderfully for that too.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2011 8:36:00 AM More reviews by Strokes95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

LOVE IT! i love the fact that i can use it for foundation, powder, bronzer, blush, creme blush, its just amazing! i wish it was the first brush i ever bought as it has SO MANY purposes!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2011 10:53:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use my Kent liquid foundation brush No.8 for about 5 years, somehow the quality is still perfect, almost as new. However the coverage seemed little too much, especially with Revlon Colorstay that I use every day. Therefore I decided to buy an air brush instead and MAC brush No.188 seemed good.. but expensive ($34). I wish I could say I love it but I think it could have been little bigger. Its easy to apply and the coverage was very natural looking but little too less so I'm gonna go back to my Kent brush.
Update: I start liking this brush. I got samples of NARS foundation which is really sheer (unlike Revlon Colorstay) and this brush seems to be perfect. Still, its shedding a lot, so I would say Mac brush does not have a very good quality so I might look for something cheaper and fuller. I also discoverd something strange.. my 188 brush was always styained from Revlon foundation but just once using it with Nars.. and it washes out perfectly, snow white. I do not understand the logic but really.. if your brush is stained, try Nars foundation. Funny but works for me every time.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2011 12:52:00 PM More reviews by jennaxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is what my makeup life has been missing. Hallelujah! This brush is an angel. My cheek look is always a pop of bubblegum pink on the apples of cheeks. I've used the Too Faced mini kabuki, and the Bobbi Brown Blush brush. Too Faced applied uneven and the Bobbi one was too huge and made the whole side of my face pink if I wasn't extremely careful! This MAC 188 omg I can't even explain it. I bought it with Pink Swoon and it's truly looks like as I apply it, the colour is appearing from inside my face ha! Like my cheeks are being lit up. I feel like I'm totally in control and can't possibly mess up! It's truly amazing and fool proof. I also hear it's wonderful for blending liquid foundation but I only use minerals so I'll be sticking to applying pink blush with it. If that's the look you go for, GET THIS BRUSH!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2011 1:14:00 PM More reviews by GimpyPoop

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had a MAC make up artist use the 188 on me years ago to apply a cheek contour color and Iíve been smitten with this brush since.
The 188 is the thinner smaller version of the famously loved 187. So as you can imagine, it can be fairly indispensible for those of us who rely on a heavy hand when applying our face powders. I love using this brush to apply my cheek hollow contour, and at my temples, my jaw Ė perfect precision for those smaller areas, but still a diffused color I can build up.
I havenít noticed any massive shedding or deterioration in the brush construction itself, so A+ in that regards too. Iíve seriously had this brush for over four years now (I think?) and itís still going strong!
Love this brush, totally worth the price for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2011 3:41:00 PM More reviews by JayLammMD

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After purchasing this brush at the MAC counter at Nordies and absilutely loving it. I have bought several of them as gift on e-bay for a fraction of the cost and never been disapointed. Everyone that I have given the to fall in love with them to. They are just the perfect tool to apply foundation of just about any kind.