MAC 188 Small Duo Fibre Face brush

4.3

on 4/4/2012 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I use it only to apply my highly pigmented blushes like Tarte, otherwise I cant see how this would work with foundation? Its SO light in application and so small that I can only see this for a light dusting of highlighter or blush - or am I missing something here?

I wouldn't recommend this brush at all. Not my favorite...May put it up for swap since some people seem to like it and because its almost brand new, just purchased it a month or two ago (brand new from MAC.com)

on 3/30/2012 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

its soft and works well for mineralize products. i like this to use for liquid foundation and shimmery products to dust it on my face. its a good brush but quite expensive, but works wonder! i wouldnt repurchase because a brush last forever!

on 3/29/2012 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I thought long and hard about buying this brush, one because of the price, and two because I was sure there would be a dupe for it somewhere. Well, I took the plunge and put down the $50+ to buy it. At first, I loved it...then somewhere down the road it sucked. I don't know if it's the cleanser I used or the way I washed it...but it just had bent hairs and everytime I used it, I would take an extra couple minutes to pick at the little black hairs that shed. I was crushed cause I spent so much on it, and that the brush cleanser I used NEVER did that to any of my other brushes. Anyway, the performance wasn't that great at that time also.Then a couple weeks ago, I was watching gossmakeupartist on youtube, and he had a video up on how to use a stippling brush. The way he explained it gave me a new light on using it again. So yesterday, I did it the way he explained it to me...and...for the first time...I really had that 'airbrush' look. AND It wasn't shedding anymore! When I do clean it now, I just swirl it in little circles in the palm of my hand and gently squeeze out extra water when I wash it out. I form it into a tip and let it dry for 2 days. I'm really loving it! But because of the shedding and crap I had to put up with before, I'm only giving this a 3 out of 5. continued >>

on 2/26/2012 6:12:00 AM

I use it mostly to apply foundation and sometimes to apply shimmer and highlights. I found that after a few washes the bristles started to come out while I was applying my foundation, leaving them on my face. Iím really disappointed; it just doesn't worth the price.

on 2/1/2012 8:34:00 PM

UPDATE: I have a lot to say about this concealer so much so that there's no room in MU's review window, please go here to check out my thoughts on this product:

I was making changes to this posting before so I apologize if anyone wasn't able to get to my review, try again, thanks :)

on 12/18/2011 11:42:00 AM

I actually set out to buy the 187, but the MA used this to even out my complexion with the foundation I already had on (ELDW) and the result was a smooth even finish. So I went ahead and bought this. This is a small brush but I found it to be useful around the nose area and also around the eye. I also use it to apply blush and since it picks a small amount so you get a natural finish. Overall stippling is a great way to apply foundation and this brush also doubles up as a blush brush, probably will be better for creme blushes. Will repurchase but I guess this will last a long while. Have not seen any shedding as yet.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Originally bought this brush for foundation ($24 at the Orlando CCO) but it is wayyyyyy too small for that (for me, atleast). I was perplexed about how I would use this brush but finally found the thing it is absolutely PERFECT FOR! Any sort of cream blush. I have used it with Tarte's cheek stain (another product that so many love and eluded me for the longest time...until trying it with this brush!) and Stila's convertible color and it stipples JUST the right amount of color and blends it like a dream. Now I will never eeevvveeerrr be without one of these little beauties.

on 10/24/2011 6:46:00 PM

Shape of this brush allows a remarkable lightness of touch not usually afforded by other brush shapes. And for me, this is this product's USP since such brush action works perfectly for flawless blending of concealer and corrector pen product around nose and eyes areas.

on 9/12/2011 1:38:00 PM

Love it! I purchased an 187 and next day I got the 188 too! I use it for my eyes base make up (primer+concealer+setting powder) and it applies beautifully and blends everything flawlessly.

on 8/17/2011 1:54:00 PM

I bought this brush because I thought I was going to be using it with my Chanel liquid foundation, but it turned out I hated my foundation so I started using my MAC Studio Fix (powder). So now, I am using it as my powder brush, and I love it! It gives my face a airbrushed look, and I love how I can get as detailed as I want. It is a bit pricey, but compared to my Shu Uemura brushes, this is cake walk. I suggest you girls purchase this brush, because honestly, it is worth the money!

Popular Makeup Brushes