December 18, 2014 | 1699 users online

Liquid - Bobbi Brown - Luminous Moisturizing Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2011 2:16:00 PM More reviews by franzvonstuck

This is the foundation for ageing skin from Bobbi Brown. And it truly is because it is packed with moisturizing ingredients. The skin really gets glowing and looking fresh and plump when you wear this foundation.
Here are some facts to help you decide whether this is a foundation for you or not:
Skin type: for dry or ageing skin. I believe every other skin type just feels like the foundation glides on the face and never settles down. And for oily skin this foundation makes your face all shiny and greasy-looking.
Acne-prone skin might react bad because the ingredients are too "heavy" and might clog the pores.
Price: It is on the more expensive side.I paid 40 Euros in Germany for this. Some of my friends told me they like the Bobbi Brown stuff, but find it too expensive and therefore don´t buy it.
Colour: I´m a Mac NC 20 and bought this in sand 2. Never had such a perfect colour match for my skin. Even in sunlight, it looks all natural. But I apply it only where I need it, usually on my chin and around my nose.
Package: Honestly, the package is bad. Why not putting this in a pump dispenser? A simple bottle which leads to wasting a lot of an already expensive product.
Coverage: A light coverage with a dewy finish.

I recommend this for all people with dry and ageing skin and only don´t buy it again because it is the wrong formula for my combo-skin. The foundation just slipped off my face because of the rich formula. Bought the skin foundation instad of this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by yumyum1234

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have combination dry skin and was recommended by the Bobby Brown salesgirl to use this foundation. Put in on for a night out and within 30 minutes, my face started to itch and have small red patches. The reaction became worse when I perspired a little.
Thinking that it was just the first time, I tried it again and had the same reaction. My skin can be sensitive at times, esp during drier months but I have not had such allergies with many other foundations, drugstore or premium brand types.
Could be allergic to some ingredients in the foundation but whatever it is, this went back to the store in a jiffy.
For those who may want to try it, it provides only a light coverage with a dewy finish. For those with even a slightly oily T-zone, boy does it shine after a few hours !

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2011 1:56:00 PM More reviews by asmith923

Coverage was pretty good. Everything else was horrible.
Not transfer resistant, in fact, when you attempt to apply a second layer, use your finger to blend in concealer, apply blush, etc. the foundation will completely come off, and i mean completely, it will lay you skin bare in the spot you touched.

moisturizing? no. not at all. emphasized dryness more than any other foundation I used, even oil-free, oil control formulations.

color? so yellow. soo so yellow. looked unnatural and washed me out. i've been disappointed with all bobbi brown products.

Oh I had this in the color sand, Nc25-30 in MAC.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2011 3:51:00 PM More reviews by PrintesaBlonda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a very creamy and luxurious foundation,it gives a beautiful luminous glow without a hint of cheap looking shimmer/glitter that you normally find with foundations like this. It offers quite a sheer coverage,id imagine you would have to do more than several applications for a fuller coverage,instead I mix a touch of this with my Vichy Dermablend Corrective Foundation and a get a glowing medium coverage which looks natural. Two things that would make me give this products 5 lippies instead of 4 would be a pump and to omit the disgusting smell of Lavender! It's quite overwhelming!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2011 2:41:00 PM More reviews by sharonshizzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm looking down at some of the poor reviews down here and notice that many (not all) of the poor reviews are by women who have oily to combo skin. Now I definitely do not recommend this product to women with oil prone skin as this IS a moisturizing dewyer foundation and I feel as though it might not be very long wearing to them. I would highly highly recommend this product for women with dry skin and for mature skin. I have combination skin only in that my nose gets a bit oily at the end of the day but a bit of powder to set this does the trick but the rest of my skin tends to be very very dry. Therefore, my skin always tends to be very dull and uneven looking looking, especially in the winter. This is my go to foundation in the winter months when I need a little extra pick me up. Don't let the label "luminous" scare you as it did with me. Most "luminous" foundations tend to have shimmer in it or make me look like a dirty greasy discoball at the end of the day but this one does nothing of the sort. It simply makes my skin simply look more awake, completely natural, and subtly glowing. I look fresh faced and I love how this foundation covers and does not accentuate the small fine lines I have under my eyes wheras almost every single foundation has. This also passed my sleep with makeup test manyy times (I have a horrible habit of sleeping with my makeup on) with no resulting break outs or anything. Almost anything liquid makeup makes me break out horribly :(

This foundation lasts all day with me even without a primer with just the occasional compact touchup to my nose. I love the effect this foundation has so much that I refuse to cover it up with any finishing powder. This gives a very natural, medium coverage finish. This isn't a dramatic coverup foundation. My skin just looks like the perfect, awesome version of itself. When I don't feel like wearing full foundation esp during the summer i'll just mix this product with some moisturizer and make my own lovely tinted moisturizer. Any of you dry gals or women with dry skin with some wrinkles please please try this product. You will thank me!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2011 2:11:00 PM More reviews by hail1223

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

amazing, go out and buy yourself this foundation. dewy look and its perfecting my skin and making it softer and mousterized.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2011 6:34:00 AM More reviews by daintydancer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

sorry once again it's is a professional review, I'm freelance not attached to any brand, so all my reviews are honest.I actually really like this foundation, especially for mature or dry skin,it works well, Oily or combination skins would need a primer, but this products is not for that type of skin. Although not anywhere as good as mac for colour choice,there is far more choice than most of the expensive brands. I also like skin foundation,but have not used any other BB foundations

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2011 5:00:00 PM More reviews by Grned11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This foundation looked great on my skin only for the first few min. After 30 min went by, it would melt off (even when I set it with powder) and my face looked really uneven. I would not buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2011 4:03:00 AM More reviews by socialhvn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love luminous. I will never find a better foundation. Have tried Mac, Nars, Armani--this is the best!

It is like magic on my skin. And so natural, people have no idea how much makeup I am wearing. I get compliments for having 'nice skin'....

I am so enthusiastic because this product is amazing. It works well covering rosacea I have around the nose and on the chin.

Because I don't like to have shine on my face though, I dab Bobbi Brown pressed powder in T-section. Perfect.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2011 11:57:00 AM More reviews by AprilH

I would recommend Bobbi's Moisture Rich foundation over this one. The Luminous is only slightly more moisturizing than the Moisture Rich, and has a finish that is slightly more dewy and "luminous", but there isn't a huge difference. What is different is that this foundation tends to just sit on top of your skin and never sinks in. You have to be very careful about touching your face, because this is the polar opposite of transfer-resistant. It easily transfers to anything and everything. It also has very poor staying power. Setting the foundation with powder can help with these issues, but it can also cancel out the luminizing effect. All in all, I think the Moisture Rich is a better option for dry skin. Stila's Illuminating liquid foundation is also an option, but be aware that it's a bit more sparkly than this one, with a shine that could be overpowering for some.