Aura Cacia Grapeseed Oil

4.3

Grape Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate

on 4/16/2011 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is for Grape seed oil in general. I have NOT used Aura Cacia brand. I purchased Whole Foods food-grade.
Let's see, I have had adult acne for about 10 years now (I'm 40). That is, the cystic type that really sucks! I used to have super oily skin, but I guess years of benzoyl peroxide use has really dried it out. But that doesn't stop the cysts! I also use retin a, so I really need a moisturizer, but all the commercial stuff clogged my pores and/or caused worse acne. So I tried many kinds of oil: jojoba (eventually broke me out), argan, macadamia, hemp, coconut, etc etc. All clogged pores or caused cysts either immediately or within a few weeks. I though jojoba was okay, but when I stopped using it, cysts lessened. Plus, it was kinda greasy.
Don't know why it took me 2 years to finally try GSO. I realized that was the base oil in my UV Naturals sunblock, a product which does NOT cause me breakouts despite it's oiliness. So I got some GSO a few months ago. Whoa! Weird, I couldn't believe how quickly it absorbed. My skin was dry minutes after applying. And the next day, I couldn't figure out what looked different about my skin - a minimizing of pores!
First I tried just a little and it was not moisturizing enough. Almost drying, in fact. Fearful of worsening acne, I didn't want to slather it on. I then bought some all-natural, expensive moisturizer I really liked (Grateful Body), and that seemed to moisturize better, but the amount I had to use makes it prohibitively expensive.
So a week or so ago, I decided to up the GSO. I apply after washing my face and application of retin a. Then I apply even more GSO a while later. I SLATHER it on before bed. Literally. So that my face feels oily. When I get up in morning, my face is DRY, but the redness and irritation i've been having for months due to the retin a is SO much improved! It's amazing. I can even put this stuff over skin that has cysts and it does not seem to worsen them! Wow. LOVE it. For the price, how can one NOT try it?? My skin still isn't great, but it's definitely better using this oil
The only downside to this is that even Whole Foods doesn't seem to carry organic GSO. That's odd. And since grapes are sprayed with alot of pesticides, that kind of worries me. Yes, it's the seed, but grapes are very thin skinned, so....
But I will continue to use this for as long as it works so well for me.

on 4/15/2011 10:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I picked this up at Whole Foods for about $5, and boy, what a find! I had been delving into oils for several months, and was on the search for an oil that was light enough to use under makeup but still provided some moisture (my sunscreen was drying me out).

This grapeseed oil is just what I was looking for. It is not as drying as hazelnut, but still light enough to wear under makeup. It gives my skin a healthy glow, and makes it feel so SOFT.

For reference, here are other oils I have tried for my sensitive, acne prone skin:

argan - nice slip, too emollient for under makeup and more expensive than other oils.
blueberry seed - very emollient, didn't smell very good, caused severe flushing and itchiness
hazelnut - very astringent, a very dry oil, not moisturizing enough for me
pomegranate - too emollient for me
neem - smells like beef bouillon, but I LOVE this as a spot treatment for breakouts, sores, whatever. Very healing.

Here are the many uses I have found for my wonderful grapeseed oil:

*Use it as a precleanse to remove mascara and makeup/sunscreen. I let it sit just long enough to brush my teeth, then follow with Earth Science ADE Creamy Cleanser (another fav!). Removes all makeup easily and leaves my skin soft, clean and not dried out.

*Slather a healthy layer on face before bedtime to moisturize and treat my skin to antioxidants. I awake with soft, clear, glowing skin.

*Apply a thin layer after toner and before sunscreen in the AM. It provides just enough moisture to keep my all zinc sunscreen from drying me out.

All this for $5! I couldn't be happier.

on 4/6/2011 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I have been using grape seed oil in my face routine for a about 2 months now, and I think it's time to write a review :)
I don't use the Aura Cacia grape seed oil, but instead I use the NOW brand, which I find at GNC and organic markets.
Before using grape seed oil, my skin was very acne-prone, and I was constantly breaking out. I'm a freshman in college, and the change of environment really took a toll on my skin. I had tried several things, but nothing was working. After a painful ordeal with Clinique's Acne Solutions line, I knew it was time for something more natural.
I first started using grape seed oil as a pre-cleanse, but now I actually do the oil cleansing method with it and castor oil. It has improved my skin so much! I rarely get zits now, and my skin is always glowing and radiant, that is unless I'm out late ;) My pores are slowly cleaning up as well.
I tried argan oil once on my face, in hopes it would help my acne, put it was too heavy. I suggest that those with skin that gets easily congested to try grape seed oil, since it's pretty light.
Grape seed oil is here to stay in routine :) I love it!

on 2/15/2011 8:05:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

After reading all the great reviews on MUA, I went to my grocery store and picked up some Grape Seed Oil (that was meant for cooking, but everyone says that it works the same).
I then intergrated it into my routine. I use it as a precleanser, and leave it on while for about 5 minutes as I do my hair and such. Then I wash my face with Biore and put on Clean and Clear Moisturizer. I haven't worked up the guts to use GSO as a moisturizer during the day yet. I do this twice a day, and before bed I rub GSO all over my face with a cotton pad and sleep on it. I have also been using pure tea tree oil as a spot treatment.
I cannot tell you how estatic I am with this product. All through the winter my skin looks dull and pale and I constantly look ill and worn out. After 3 days of using this, my face has colour! I don't need to put on foundation or blush because of the natural colour this has given me.
Before starting to use this product I had 6 zits in between my eyebrows, big ones. They have dramatically reduced in size and are on their way to being completely healed.
I will update in 2 weeks to see if it is still working and I am still as happy!

on 2/9/2011 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I use the oil cleansing method to wash my face. I use a little of this with castor and sweet almond oil to wash my face and after I apply my toner, I use this to moisturize. My skin looks the best it ever has and I have used so many products for my combination skin from clinique to proactive to st.ives. It is a great moisturizer and it doesn't leave the skin looking greasy. I usually pour it straight from the bottle because the squeeze cap can sometimes pour out too much.

on 1/4/2011 7:59:00 AM

Grape seed oil is great for those who want to deter aging and have skin that is anywhere from lightly acne prone to very dry. It is not recommended for oily skin.

I really love using this on my face. You can find it almost anywhere, and it is inexpensive. I buy the extra virgin, as it has the most nutrients. When looking for any food grade oil to put on your face, it is best to go for the clearest oil in color, because it will have the least pore clogging particles. Since I've been using it, it's greatly improved the look, quality, and texture of my sensitive, combo/dry and acne prone skin. I put it on as an inexpensive serum at night (you only need a daub), and wake up glowing.

The best place to use it is under your eyes. Under eye moisturizing is it's traditional use, and it does wonders while you sleep. My eyes used to be dry and tired, and now I use this and they always feel great. Some of the lines that used to be there have been cured, and my make up goes on so much smoother in the morning.

I just love how many benefits there are to this, and how many uses, especially since it is so inexpensive and natural.

Quick tip: It is also better to use than olive oil while cooking, as olive oil can become carcinogenic at it's smoking point (which is low). Things taste the same, but are healthier, lower in calories, and will not create negative compounds in your food. Give it a try!

on 12/20/2010 2:42:00 AM

I have been used this for two months, after shower, when my body is still wet. My skin feels soft and moisturize and little bit goes a long way. However, when I dry my skin with towel, it leaves sticker resuide on my towel and unable to wash away. It also have the after smell too, no matter how many times that I wash my towel. I have to throw away all my towles because of such weired reason.

on 12/7/2010 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I've been using this oil for 2 weeks now and it has made such a wonderful difference in my skintone and smoothness. I recently did a 18% TCA peel and I used this grapeseed oil instead of vaseline or neosporin like I did in the past, and although I had to apply it more often because it absorbs in the skin pretty quickly, it did not break me out at all, not even one pimple!! I now use this every night after washing my face and also to remove eye makeup. I really prefer this over the jojoba oil since that broke me out in very big cysts. I will continue to use this for as long as it gives me great results.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This stuff is fantastic!!
I use it to remove eye make-up, I put it on my freshly washed face, my chest & neck, EVERYWHERE!
I have not broken out from it, in fact it has cleared up a raging whitehead in one night.
It is crazy cheap for such a natural beauty product that does wonders.
Go get some and bath in it everyday forever.

on 1/15/2010 10:13:00 PM

I picked up a cometic grade grapeseed oil at Vitamin Shopee for around $5. My sisters loves to use it as a precleanse and urged me to try it for my blackheads and clogged pores. I have been using it for 2 weeks and I definitely see a difference in my skin, it is more hydrated with less blackheads; I'm not sure if that is attributed to the oil or using Retin-A again. However, I will continue to use because I feel my skin is more hydrated and not so dry and uncomfortable. I pour the oil on cottom pads and gently rub around my face, concentrating on my T-zone. Then, I let the oil sit on my face for around 10 min in the shower; when I'm done with everything else I wash my face with a regular cleanser or a gentle scrub.