July 29, 2014 | 892 users online

Masks - Yogurt Mask

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2013 3:47:00 AM More reviews by sitknee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love yogurt masks! They make my skin moisturized, soft, and so radiant! I'm not exaggerating when I say I see a legitimate glow every time I wash this off. I love this for my dehydrated oily, acne-prone skin.

My concoction consists of 1 tbsp 2% Greek yogurt and 1/2 tbsp honey.
As for what I use and why... I use Greek yogurt because it's thicker than traditional yogurt. That helps the mask stay on your face instead of slide down your neck! I know some people say use full fat and others say low fat. For me personally, I like 2%. I get great results with it and don't need to use a separate cleanser afterward. With full fat, I found that not using a separate cleanser left my skin dull and a bit greasy, not to mention I did break out.
With regards to honey, I just use what I have in my cupboard. It's nothing special, but it is 100% honey.

So after I mix up the ingredients, I usually leave the mask on for around 40 minutes, then wash off with water and a baby cloth. The cloth is especially nice because it helps with the residue and also gives some light manual exfoliation. Even though I don't use a cleanser after, I don't have any issues with clogged pores or breakouts. There is a small bit of residue left at the end, but it doesn't feel uncomfortable -- just moisturizing.

My only issue with this mask is that Greek yogurt comes in such big tubs lol I don't like the taste of Greek yogurt so I save the leftovers... only to forget about them!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2013 2:48:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

Before I started using plain yogurt on my face, i was using milk after cleansing my face. I would wash really good, dry it off really well and instead of using toner- i would use just plain milk. I let it sit for 5mins or so, and then I would rinse it off, and apply my night cream (i did this before bed, and only once or twice per week). Like many other things, I saw reviews/message boards on yogurt masks. I went out and got plain and lemon greek yogurt. I used the plain one first- just like I did with the milk- washed my face, applied the yogurt... left it on for a bit longer than the milk- maybe 20-25mins. I washed it off, applied my night cream and i was set. A few days later, I took the same steps and tried the mask with lemon added. I thought this would be awesome because i had good luck with the milk treatments AND for the last 6 months I have been using plain squeezed lemons to help with shrinking pores, and fading dark spots on my face. The lemon greek yogurt was like combining two products that have really worked for me. I absolutley loved it. I really liked the lemon, but I didnt notice too much of a difference between the plain vs. the lemon when it came to hydrating, toning and making my skin silky and soft. I use both of them, whichever I have on hand, and have been for the last 2 months. I have had success and I would reccomend this to anyone, who is looking for a product to nourish your skin, re-hydrate it, and give it that glow that your skin may lack. I also love the fact that I know exactly what ingredients are in it, obviously you eat yogurt- so there is no harsh chemicals. If you have sensitive skin- this should be your go-to (unless your allergic to dairy, of course). Loved it <3 I will continue to use this weekly and keep it as a part of my skin care regiment.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2013 9:02:00 AM More reviews by linxinpei

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

One word: Fantastic.

I have combination skin, but this type of skin still needs its moisture, especially considering the harsh air-conditioned rooms I lounge in all day. To see if your skin needs moisture (even when it is not visibly peeling or flaking), tip: Use your fingers to gently push your skin. If fine lines appear, your skin is dehydrated and needs a boost.

My nose is peeling for reasons I know not, despite the laneige sleeping mask and hyaluroic acid toner (all very moisturising). So it happened that I had plain yogurt in the fridge and I was hungry.

I like my yogurt not too sweet, so I mixed about a teaspoon of New Zealand Multiflora honey with three heaping soup spoonfuls of yogurt. Guaranteed more went into my mouth than my face, but it was definitely enough - ten minutes later, I washed off with Hada Labo Tamagohada cleanser, and hello there soft skin! (Note: you can wash off with plain water, I prefer to use cleanser because I found that yogurt leaves behind this somewhat greasy texture - basically, how your hand feels when you dunk it in whipped cream and wash off with plain water.) I have scaly, rough skin on my neck due to eczema and irritation, but after the yogurt treatment, it is hydrated and smooth now! However, if you have open wounds or broken skin, it would definitely be wiser not to smear anything aside from medication onto the area. I did go ahead anyway, but caution should be exercised.

It's amazing. I have those annoying blackheads by my nose near my cheeks, and yogurt has somehow managed to make them look clear. The pores have shrunk a little. And one day later, my skin is as soft as ever. Do give yogurt a try, if it doesn't work, well, it goes great with granola, honey and cinnamon. A healthy and tasty snack. And that as a toppin atop some wholemeal crackers? Delicious, my friends!

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2013 11:31:00 AM More reviews by jackz7510

I have acne-prone skin but it's sensitive and sometimes prone to dryness and using Greek yoghurt in particular is a good, cheap cleansing and moisturising mask. Didn't really break me out surprisingly. Most people seem to be mixing their yoghurt masks with other things but my skin does fine with the yoghurt alone. Sometimes I put honey or oatmeal but it doesn't really make a big difference so I don't bother. Whether you have dry, normal, acne-prone, sensitive, oily or whatever skin, I highly recommend doing the yoghurt mask. Since its pretty cheap, what have you got to lose if it turns out that it doesn't work for you? :P

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2013 6:46:00 AM More reviews by hershieowef

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

i follow bubzbeauty's tutorial on the chocolate mask which consists of 3 ingredients: honey, cocoa powder, and yogurt. THE BEST MASK EVER. best feeling (if you get the consistency right, it shouldnt be runny, and after a while it will really "hold on" to your skin), best tasting (lol), best smelling, most gentle, most moisturizing, cooling, mask that brightens your skin instantly after you rinse it off, and heals active pimples. non-comedogenic and natural, it's safe for everyone.
if you wanna watch the video tutorial:

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2013 2:10:00 PM More reviews by xshado

I use a greek yogurt to brighten, mosturize and tone my face.
Gosh, it does wonders!
I love anything that would brighten up my face!

This mask works so much better like this:
Honey (organic/raw)
2-3 squeezes of lemon
smashed strawberries

This mask is just amazing!
Honey to moisturize and strawberries for anti-oxidants
Yogurt is really good for your face, hair and body. (plain/greek yogurt)
It can help you fight against acne, prevent premature aging, it gets rid of dead skins and tightens pores, can help discoloration and if you have a sunburn just apply yogurt.

Another face mask:
Yogurt
Table spoon of olive oil

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 11:28:00 PM More reviews by carabeth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow, I am late on this bandwagon. I eat Greek yogurt everyday for breakfast, so I had a tub in my fridge. I am acne-prone, with generally 2-3 active zits, and plenty of old blemish marks. Began using this about ten days ago at least once daily ( I work weird hours so I usually have time for morning and night), and I am thrilled. I mix 1 tsp full fat Greek yogurt with a drizzle (1/2 tsp) honey and a slight squeeze of lemon and I have not had any new blemishes. It is very moisturizing, leaving your skin silky smooth. I guess I should note I leave it on about 10 minutes then rinse off.

I think the key with this for me is that the acid in the yogurt and lemon exfoliate without any irritation. Irritation is what breaks me out. It has removed most of the redness in my face. I don't need a moisturizer after this, and I am generally pretty dry.

I am going to continue with this and see what happens. I really want to emphasize the point that irritation (harsh scrubs!!) facilitates the development of acne on a lot of folks, and non-irritating exfoliation has been the key for me, a nearly 15 year sufferer of acne, to even close to clear skin. Ditch your apricot scrubs and try it. Cheap as Dale too.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2013 1:14:00 AM More reviews by LuckyCoffee

It's my fourth week of using Yogurt as a daily facial mask, I mix:
1 tbsp of yogurt
1 tsp of oatmeal
1 tsp of white rice flour.

This combination has worked wonders in evening out my skin tone as well as improving the texture of my skin. I leave it on for 30 minutes nightly before bed.

I have to admit though, I was about to abandon the whole thing 2 weeks into it as my skin got worse, there were more bumps on my skin and I started to get new pimples but I kept at it and now I realize, my skin was purging. The purging is still happening BUT the pimples seem to go away quietly and I am seeing general improvements. The blackheads are subsiding and the bumps are disappearing and as I mentioned before my skin tone is starting to even out, I'm sure the oatmeal and white rice flour have a lot to do with this as well.

I also had a major cystic acne jerk on my chin for the last couple of months and it was not going away, but slowly but surely, this concoction is finally fading the dark brown ugliness under my skin and bringing the sucker to its head where hopefully it can disappear forever.

I am going to continue this regiment and hopefully continue to see improvements, will try to post the progress at a later time.

UPDATE: It's been 3 month of using this mask daily and it has transformed my skin. I am no longer purging! It has refined my pores and reduced the number of blackheads on my nose. The whiteheads are taking a little longer to disappear but I definitely have seen an improvement. There also has been an overall improvement in the tone and evenness of my skin. I am addicted to this mask, no matter how tired I am or busy I am, I make sure I do it before bed because it's so worth it!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2013 11:51:00 AM More reviews by slj324

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I made a yogurt, honey and oatmeal mask last night and it made my face feel so good! I left it on for about 30 minutes and then rinsed it off with warm water followed by cold water to close my pores. I will definitely be trying this again!
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup of dry oats
1 tsp. of honey
This makes a lot so I just put it in the fridge and I'll probably use the remainder today.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2013 9:52:00 AM More reviews by madhat

God bless yoghurt!I have always thought after great research on cosmetics that natural products(in the fridge/garden etc)work miracles.Here 's my mask-1 teaspoon o f yoghurt,1 tablespoon honey,1 tspoon of fresh lemon juice,1 tspoon of sugar and 1 teaspoon of almond oil(if you don't have it,try olive oil).Leave for 15 minutes and clean your face with mild cleanser.It's one of the best masks i 've ever used!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No