NYX Rouge Cream Blush (All Shades)

4.1

Mineral Oil (and) Ethylene / Propylene / Styrene Copolymer (and) Butylene / Ethylene / Styrene Copolymer, Myristyl Lactate, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Polyethylene, Mica, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polyisobutene, Beeswax, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Ethylhexyglycerin, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), D&C Red 6 (CI15850), D&C Red 7 (CI15850), D&C Red 27 (CI45410), Iron Oxide Yellow (CI77492), Iron Oxide Red (CI77491), Iron Oxide Black (CI77499).

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought the NYX Rouge Cream Blush in Natural. It is a really pretty natural pink. Gives me a flush of color. However, I do not like the consistency, how it sets on my face, and the finish. The finish is really dewey even with powder. I find it hard to blend over my foundation especially when my foundation tends to set pretty quickly after application. It literally feels like I am smearing thick lipgloss over my cheeks. Overall, I do not think these are for me!

Pros:
Natural flush of color

Cons:
Not long lasting
Dewey finish
Hard to blend over foundation
Thick lipglossy feel

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have this in Hot pink and Natural (and Glow in the mail on the way to me) and love them so much. I've never tried any other cream/mousse blushes but I think these work great. The pigmentation is incredible, almost too pigmented at times especially with colors like Hot pink where a tiny bit of product is enough for one cheek (but that's probably because I am very pale). To my surprise I like the color ''Natural'' even more, it's so easy to use and it leaves you with a soft pink glow on your cheeks, if you blend it well it's almost impossible to tell if you've applied a blush or if that's just how your skin really is.BTW I don't use a brush, just my fingers to apply.

I want to love this, I have the natural colour and its good, but I find it slightly too sticky and doesnt feel nice when trying to blend it. It takes a lot of blending! I do love the colour though, and feel that it could last a lot longer. You get a good amount of it and it is definitely worth the money. Still on the lookout for a nice natural sheer blush that is easy to blend and not a powder.

I really liked this product. It was my go to cream blush for a long time. I liked it even more than the MAC blush. I have the one in tea rose? And its such a natural color. It adds just the right flush to my cheeks without looking heavy or obvious that im wearing blush. Cream blushes in general tend to look more natural but certain ones can make you look clownish. This certainly doesn't. The texture is smooth and easy to apply. You dont need a lot of product so the product has lasted a long time with me. It also hasn't dried out on me. My MAC one dried out pretty quickly :/ The pacakaging is a little flimsy. Its probably made out of some cheap plastic but its still holding up pretty good. Thats probably my only complaint. I got this for $6 from CVS and you can probably get it even cheaper when NYX goes on sale. I would repurchase!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I feel like you don't get enough product with this at all. I probably hit pan so quick since I use it so much! This is a wonderful cream blush. Not fond of the price tag, but it's all fair actually. You get the same amount of product as with a lipstick and for a similar price as well. You can use a lipstick as a blusher as well but I just think this sets and blends a lot better for the cheeks. The shades are LOVELY. I have Natural, it is perfect. I recommend it.

I used to be a big fan of NYX cream blushes for years and recommended them to many people because I found them comparable and if not better than many mid-range cream blushes on the market from pigmentation, ease of use, natural finish, and staying power however over the course of NYX's rising popularity, I notice their quality to change with some old staple products.

Unfortunately, the change applies to this product as well. Originally the NYX cream blushes were in a matte black product packaging very similar to MAC and held 0.21oz / 6 grams of product. The blushes whether shimmery or matte all applied to the skin with a satin finish. Never too dewey but never too dry or flat with great staying power and very lightweight to the skin. Since 2011, NYX has repackaged and reformulated these blushes (along with the similarly packaged powder mosaic blushes). Now these are housed in a glossy black case... While from a glance it looks nearly identical to the previous with subtle aesthetic changes; instead of 0.21oz / 6 grams of product like the original, the current cream blushes on the market contains merely 0.12oz / 3.5 grams of product. That's nearly 40% less product and these are sold for more than they were years ago! I remember when these were only $4-$5.

Now, I know with us makeup junkies.. less product isn't always an issue since it takes forever to finish one however the formula has changed as well. The new blushes don't contain silica among other things... They are creamy, but too creamy and almost greasy at times. The pigmentation is average (varying on shade) and they stay too dewey on the skin. If you want to set these, you'll need to apply an additional powder product over it or else your face will feel like an oil slick over time and the staying power is downgraded as well. They're definitely not lightweight anymore.

I was sadly disappointed to find out when I repurchased some of these blushes and it was nothing like what I previously owned. The product now is just mediocre and nothing to rave for.. I can actually produce better results if I use a lipstick as a blush and it won't feel as sticky. I'm not saying these are terrible but what's currently available isn't anything I want to repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I love the color and initial result after applying this blush but, on my skin, the effect is gone within an hour or so. And I do mean gone, completely, as if it was never there. I'm disappointed because I bought two at 40% off at Ulta. On to the next blush...

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hello MUA reviewers!

I love this blush. I have dry skin and cremes works so much better for me because they feel more hydrating and last longer. I bought NYX cream blush in Rouge. It's a SUPER bright pink with great pigmentation. I have fair skin, so for me a little goes a long way and i can build it up easily. I thought the price was good too, around $6. Another great quality product at a good price from NYX.

Its a pretty decent blusher. Its long lasting and has good pigmentation. I bought one in Bronze Goddess and used it as a bronzer and it works perfectly!

This is a great blush especially given the cost. I wear Rose Petal and Tea Rose frequently. I use a small stippling brush to apply and sometimes layer a powder blush on top.