April 18, 2014 | 1577 users online

Blush - NYX - Rouge Cream Blush

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2012 9:30:00 PM More reviews by Speakeasy1908

Amazing quality blushes at cheap prices. They blend easily with fingers or a brush - super creamy and pigmented. I own Glow, Tan, Diva, and Orange. I wear Tan as an everyday blush under MAC Ambering Rose or MAC Raizin. I will wear the others alone or under orange powder blushes. If you can, purchase these online or in stores at a discount. I bought mine on Cherry Culture's site for about $3 each.

Great blushes - I would repurchase if I ever hit pan. They last forever!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2012 4:40:00 AM More reviews by maggiemartinezz

Hi dolls. I've own 2 shades of this cream blush and I love it! it is a bit too much when applied obviously it is a cream blush, but what i do is to use a STIPPLING BRUSH (highly recommended!) The stippling brush gives that airbrush effect to products applied to face. What I do is to dab 1 time only very lightly to the blush and tap it on my cheeks. Don't use any other stroke with this brush as it doesn't make sense anymore if you do strokes like a normal blush brush. The stippling brush is recommended use for cream blush and foundation, as I saide, to give that airbrush magazine photo finish. There are youtube tutorials for you dolls to check out how stippling brush is used.
But yes, fingers can also be used to apply this product thus giving it a balanced tone.

I hoped I helped to those first time users/buyers of cream blush and the stippling brush.

Ciao!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2012 11:47:00 PM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I have both Glow and Natural and they are fantastic quality for the price. They just glide on and don't need a lot of rubbing to get perfectly flushed cheeks. I use Natural when I want minimal makeup and Glow when I want a nicely flushed cheek.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2012 3:32:00 PM More reviews by crees

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm a high-end makeup person, and own both powder and cream blushes by Chanel, Nars, Bobbi Brown, etc, and I reach for these NYX cream blushes more often than any of the others I own. I have four of them. They're wonderful. Use fingers for easy application. Very blendable. Colors are great. Staying power is admirable.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2012 3:26:00 PM More reviews by missxogabby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this product in "Tickled". On the packaging, it just looks like a corally pink color. I use a stippling brush to apply this blush. I stipple it on then I rub it in circles with my finger. It looks so natural on my skin color, and it gives it a nice glowy flush to my cheeks. It may look like it has some kind of shimmer, but it appears matte on my cheeks with glow. The only problem I have with this is that it does fade after a few hours, so the staying power isn't so great. Also, I feel the cream sitting on my skin after a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2012 1:22:00 AM More reviews by coloursupply

This is my first cream blush that I've bought, and I can say that it's not bad for a cheap blush on the market. (Australia overprices many things but oh well).

--Colour--
I have a shade in Tea Rose (CB03) and it matches my tanned asian skin very nicely whereas others can be too light, too red/pink or too bright. This colour is a bit warmer than others and you only need a little bit of the product for it to show up, and by a little I mean a dab with your finger per cheek (that can be relative depending on how you perceive "little" or "dab").
This blush is very blendable and works well into the skin giving a very natural glow. I have sometimes used this as eyeshadow as well and blending it with a brown eyeshadow and it looks great.

--Downsides--
This blush may have a bit of a tendency to get the tiniest bit greasy (contains wax and mineral oils) but a bit of powder to set it usually does the trick, I use minimal translucent powder or powder foundation to set it when I'm lazy.
The "less is more" saying would definitely apply to this blush for me which is good, because then I wouldn't have to keep spending so much money to buy it.

--Packaging-- (just incase)
Packaging is not too bad, the diameter of the blush is wide enough to allow a stippling brush more than enough room to collect the product though i've never used a brush to do so. I've also dropped this a few times and it has never broken... yet XP
It's also big enough to fit the palm of your hand, small enough to carry around if you want to touch up even though you wouldn't really need to. But if you're a makeup artist taking a bunch of these around (and countless others too), they can take up a lot of room so I'd suggest depotting them for easier storage.

--Overall--
This is a very inexpensive yet good value blush than can have multi-purposes. The colour is one that people with medium skin tones would find work well for them and although it can get a bit greasy, a bit of powder should help solve that problem.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2011 8:31:00 PM More reviews by XalisaheartsmakeupX

I really like these cream blushes! I have it in Glow which I would say is a light to medium pink and it has no shimmer. I love it over my foundation and its very buildable. It gives a natural glow and it stays on my face all day if I apply a light dusting of powder over. I will repurchase more colors again for sure:)

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2011 12:40:00 PM More reviews by d61rlz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

For me it is an average blush.. not too good but not too bad at the same time.. Yes it is not very long lasting unless you apply it after foundation before loose powder.. loose powder will work and lock the blush.. so that it will stay much longer.. maybe 4 to 6 hours (with normal combination skin)
If you're going to clubbing perhaps it will fade really soon.. :)

For some people may get difficult to work with cream blush.. i suggest use your CLEAN finger (use mid and ring finger for less tension) when applying to your cheeks.. but if you insist to use a brush, i recommend to use like stipple and synthetic face brush.. it gives a better finish..

Before apply, grab just a little amount of the product and warm a moment on the back of your hand..
Use DABBING motion.. No need to rub moreover with a harsh motion.. Take your time, also this is quite easy to blend..
If you need more product use what is left on your back hand.. Don't put too much.. i believe you don't want to look like a clown on day and night time also.. ;p
i think blush suppose to give a little hint on your face.. so your face looks healthy, glow, and fresh! not too obvious.. Blush also helps to enhance your NATURAL BEAUTY not to make people recognize you by your blush.. lol XD

Btw, i just repurchase the GLOW and NATURAL.. GLOW is like red undertone and NATURAL is like a peachy undertone.. For people who has mid to dark skin tone maybe it will suitable with GLOW.. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2011 2:39:00 PM More reviews by scarletsecretz

I LOVE THIS BLUSH. This has to be my hg blush. I have 4 of them in Natural, Glow, Golden & Boho Chic. All pinks, because I am a pink blush person. I never really liked cream blushes because I find that they tend to look oily during the later part of the day or mess up my powder foundation when blending but this was a pleasant surprise. Its cheap & you get a LOT of product that will last you forever because you don't need much each time. I apply this and set it with either nyx powder blush or mosaic blush, LASTS ME THE ENTIRE DAY. Loveeeee it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2011 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Amee88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love these blushes, they are so creamy and glide on easily, I use stippling brush and work it through my skin. This blush looks so natural and I've got six of them. They are better than mac's cream blushes, mac's one are more solid than creamy, doesn't look natural. I'd have to say, hands down better cream blushes I ever used plus they are cheap! Oh and huge plus, they never broke me out given that I have freaking sensitive skin.