October 31, 2014 | 976 users online

Powder - New York Color - Loose Face Powder - Translucent

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2010 4:12:00 PM More reviews by MrsFoxyLady

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just started using this product, but I love it. My hand was kind of forced to buy a setting powder, but I did no want to buy something too expensive and not be happy with it.

I found this while shopping at Target for $2.74, however only paid $1.74 for it as I had a coupon for $1 off any NYC product over $1.79.

I rather like this product and so do my co-workers who I let try out. it goes on smooth and does not make your face look cakey or ashey.

I would definitely recommend that you try and for the price you can't really lose.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2010 7:49:00 AM More reviews by fitmom2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

wow...very very nice..!!! How did i ignore this for the past 11 years? lol...

very silky, smooth, and being that i have very oily skin,...this does the job--and does it WELL. It is a bit messy--but most loose powder can be.

Ladies--FORGET HIGH PRICED POWDER (in exception to high priced foundation and estee lauder pressed powder which is excellent for oily skin)...this is the REAL DEAL.

They say you get what you paid for..but there is a little fortune in this and the price is just uncanny.

The best fix---use Hard Candy Primer (the BEST), then use Estee lauder double wear foundation (the BEST coverage and best oil absorbing foundation), and then use this powder...and ohhhhhhhhhhhh how your face will be FLAWLESS and OIL FREE-SHINE FREE FOR HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A++++++++ to this stuff!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2010 2:28:00 PM More reviews by primor2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great powder its actually the only one i've tried though lol but its great it really takes the shine away i used it over revlons colorstay and use a big fluffy art brush for it works very well the packaging is a little messy though but not too much since i kept the sticker over the sifter but its probably not travel safe lol

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2010 1:53:00 PM More reviews by brooksgirl425

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have used this powder for the last 8 months or so. I like the translucent best and not the fair or medium color since the medium is too dark. The translucent is the color I need for my skin tone since I am so light. But I am keeping the medium for summer time. This powder is so cheap its hard to not have some waiting for you before your finished with one. I take out the sifter peice because it gets in the way.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2009 7:12:00 PM More reviews by Amscee

This is my all-time favourite powder. At only $2-3 a pop, you really can't go wrong. It is the perfect translucent powder; it doesn't clog pores, it sets face makeup, and it keeps my face from becoming a shiny mess. I throw out the powder puff that comes with the compact, and instead use a big fluffy powder brush to sweep it on. I even use this when I don't wear any other face makeup, because I love the way it evens out my skin and keeps the oil away. I will continue to buy this product because it is the best I've ever used, and I don't need to try anything else!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2009 11:00:00 PM More reviews by ThisGirl0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I recently purchased this powder after reading positive reviews on this website. After realizing that my foundation would probably last even longer if I set it with a translucent powder, I decided to try out something inexpensive. I found this product for $3 and figured it could hurt to try it.

I apply it with my Elf Studio Complexion Brush - dust it lightly over my Revlon Colorstay foundation and my makeup looks practically flawless for hours. The powder is silky and translucent. It doesn't turn my skin totally pale... pretty much blends in with the foundation. It does not make my skin look cakey at all.
Basically, it is a great product for the price. The only problem I have with it is the packaging. It comes in a container with a sifter and a small pink-ish sponge "puff" applicator. I actually don't have problems using the sponge. If I forget or simply don't feel like bringing my brush along, I use the sponge and it works well for application. But the sifter holes are too large and the lid doesn't screw on. So there is a good chance that the makeup will spill if it's not packed tightly, and practically half the container spills into the lid. You have to make sure to open it upright, but too much product still comes out. I have managed to just keep a piece of clear tape over it. I just peel off the tape when I want to use the product and replace it once the adhesive has worn off.
Other than the packaging it's a great product and I will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2009 5:42:00 PM More reviews by shaunix3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this to try because my covergirl loose powder is too dark for my skin in the fall/winter. Its a transluscent powder and there really isn't too much to be said about it. I sets my foundation and doesn't make me ghostly. Would I buy again? Yes, if E.L.F didn't make the HD powder anymore :)

rated 2 of 5 on 11/1/2009 2:43:00 PM More reviews by vespertine33

Got this when I ran out of my BECCA powder since it was cheap and I'd only need it for a day or two until my order arrived. Guess I'm spoiled with Becca, because I thought this stuff was awful. Translucent is right- what is the point of using a powder that doesn't diffuse light and doesn't set makeup? To highlight and expose dry skin? If you have a flawless complexion and want to feel like a pretty pretty princess you can use this with a giant powder brush and some pink lip gloss. If you're looking for something to set and enhance the natural look of your foundation, look elsewhere. The only positives I can give this are that it is cheap and it didn't irritate my sensitive skin in the few days that I used it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2009 10:00:00 AM More reviews by dulcetpurr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used to use Cover Girl's translucent loose powder. When I ran out I saw this and decided to give it a try instead.

I'm very glad I did. Even though the CG is supposed to be 'translucent light' it always had way more color than I wanted it to. The NYC powder is truly translucent. CG always smelled kinda funny too, this doesn't. It does what I need it to do, namely, mattify and set my foundation. Gotta love the price, too. I don't think I'll be buying CG powder again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2009 2:15:00 PM More reviews by caligurl2008

i love this powder. it gives me a matte finish that isn't ghostly white and it doesn't clog my pores. reduces sweat and oil pretty well.

also, i swear it gives me the perfect glow. after i finish my makeup i just apply this and my skin seems more radiant and bright. perfect way to set your makeup and look gorgeous :)

i hate the packaging though. it's very messy, once i brought it to school to use after PE in my backpack and it tipped everyone and i lose a lot of powder :'(. use a rubber band to secure it shut, i'm scared the lid is gonna fall off and spill. the sponge that comes with this isn't that bad. but using a brush or powder puff would be better.

overall- great drugstore steal! get this now >:OO