September 21, 2014 | 2064 users online

Skincare - Face - Avon - Anew Clinical Advanced Retexturizing Peel

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2010 2:16:00 AM More reviews by iamamanda

I am 26y/o and I have oily skin that is acne prone on my chin. I also get the occasional "monthly" blemish on my cheek or forehead.

I started using the retexturizing peel pads when I got a bad sunburn on my forehead which left my skin rough and dry, with noticeable fine lines, especially just above the outer corners of my eyebrows.

Within 3 weeks I noticed the lines fade significantly, and I noticed the texture of my skin become more smooth.

After about 6 weeks I noticed that my slightly darker acne scars had faded, and that breakouts on my chin seemed less severe. Other random occasional blemishes on my cheeks of forehead also seemed to heal faster, with less scarring or darkening of the skin.

I did experience an uncomfortable tingling for the first week, but it diminished over time. It was not painful, and did not cause any visible irritation. I used the product every 3-4 days at first because I do have sensitive skin. Now that my skin has adjusted I can use it as often as every other day if needed.

As far as I know this item has not been discontinued by Avon in the region that I live in (Western Pennsylvania) - as it is still available for order in the catalog (current campaign 26 - December 2010). I purchase large quantities when Avon does a BOGO or has it for an extremely discounted price (Right now $15.00/ea.)

Overall I am very happy with this product, and I've recommended it to 3 friends - all who have loved it and continue to order it as well. 2 friends noticed significant improvement of sun damage and fine lines from excessive tanning (they've both since stopped tanning). I hope Avon never discontinues it!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/30/2010 9:28:00 PM More reviews by fridge666

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I had high hopes for this product, but I am not that impressed. I was hoping the pads would help fade my brown spots and acne scars which weren't really bad to begin with, but I haven't seen any improvement after using them for a month.

I think the skin texture on my forehead has improved. It was somewhat rough, but seems better now. What I mainly like about this is that I feel that it thoroughly cleans my skin after removing makeup., and I'm sure it helps exfoliate my skin and encourage cell turnover.

I have never felt any stinging from using this, but that doesn't surprise me considering I have been using a lot of acid products in the past. I guess it's back to the Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle pads for me. They are $45 for 60, but much more effective in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2010 6:57:00 AM More reviews by Katie411

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I decided to try these pads after reading good reviews online and absolutely love them. I got them from ebay cheaply and they've really helped clear up some pretty nasty acne scarring. They really made my face sting (felt like pin pricks to begin with), but these decreased each time I used them. I was sad to discover that these are now discontinued, but I also decided to try the new 'glycolic facial treatment'. This is a liquid with a pipette type dropper. I've been using it for 4 nights now (with the Anew moisturiser) and the results are wonderful. I'll update if the results continue so well - but my scars, pitting and pore size seem to have improved already. I'm very impressed with the Anew range in general.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2010 10:12:00 AM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It's $25 on Avon but I got mine, brand new, for $11.45 from eBay. Extremely pleased with this product! There is a significant difference in the texture and appearance of my skin, to say the least. Old acne scars faded and pores cleared. Unbelievable. I apply one pad after washing my face in the shower every other night. It does leave a sticky film on the face but you're watching tv and then going to bed, who cares! Does not sting or burn in my experience and dries quickly. My face is not red or anything the next day either. I love it and will search eBay for more when mine is gone. BTW, I would pay $25 for this if I absolutely had to...
It's like grown up Stridex pads for adults!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/24/2010 9:00:00 AM More reviews by Gabriellerox

Like the last reviewer, I wanted to love this product. I used it faithfully per the instructions. And...nothing really happened. Maybe my pores are a tiny bit smaller, but I think that's more wishful thinking than anything else. This stuff did nothing for my fine lines. It wasn't too harsh, although I did have some tingling some of the time, but that faded quickly.

All in all, as far as I can tell, it's a great way to get your skin cleaner than you can get it with just a regular cleanser, but that's a lot of money for cleaning your face.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2010 8:23:00 PM More reviews by lunox

I REALLY wanted to love this product after seeing so many positive reviews-- and because my skin is a mess right now I feel 20 years older than I really am. But all this did was give me the worst breakout I've had in a year. The first time I used it it burned and my face became very red and I could see new pimples immediately. I thought maybe this was some sort of "purging" because I've never used glycolic acid before. Stupidly, I tried it again two days later and my skin has gotten worse. I didn't know my skin was sensitive before this, but I guess it is.

So eople with sensitive skin beware! I'm so annoyed that I wasted $20 on this product. I'm sticking to natural products from now on.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2010 12:33:00 PM More reviews by luxferi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Be careful with these if you have sensitive skin like mine. They sting like crazy every single time, and they do not get "desensitized" to it like I've heard, and I used to use them about twice a week. When my skin reacted badly to a sample scrub I got, this will make things worse and actually prevented my skin from healing. That said, these pads are wonderful for revealing the soft, smooth skin underneath. I always love the feel of it afterwards. I stopped using it for now as it is very harsh (they never say what's the glycolic acid concentration in there) and prefer to use a soft wash cloth and diligently clean my face with that every day. The effects are the same to me, as I don't suffer from acne or other skin problems, save for oily skin. Don't think I'll repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2010 3:30:00 PM More reviews by PaperAlias

I have fair Asian skin with yellow undertones. It's oily and acne-prone. My acne has been under control for a while now, but I still have post-acne marks I wanted to get rid of. I bought this peel for this reason.

A little on the pricey side ($25 on the Avon website I think. I took one lippie off for that), but you can find this on eBay for much cheaper. I bought mine for $11.

When I first started using this, I thought the pads were pretty big and came with quite a bit of product, so I started cutting them in halves.

I apply it after cleansing. There's a bit of a "sting" to it, but nothing drastic. Some might notice slight redness after application but that should subside. I recommend waiting for it to dry on your face before you apply a moisturizer. I immediately noticed that my face felt smoother to the touch afterwards. I usually use a toner after cleansing, but when it's time to use this, I use it in place of the toner every other night.

I've only been using this product for about a month, but I definitely notice a difference. My skin tone and texture appear more even and smoother. It hasn't created any new acne either, which is always a plus.

People with particularly sensitive skin may find this a little irritating. The label recommends using it every other day/night, but you can always cut it back to only a couple of times a week.

So, if you're looking to even out your skin tone and lighten your acne scarring, I would definitely recommend this. I haven't used this to treat any existing acne, so I can't say for sure if this would help clear you up or exacerbate existing pimples. But yeah, so far so good!

I'll update again when I get halfway through the container.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2010 2:31:00 PM More reviews by laurelsage

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using these for 5 years now, and they are an integral part of my skincare routine. If you have not tried the Anew skincare line by Avon you are missing out! I am not fond of their cosmetics or fragrances, but this retexturizer and the microexfoliant ROCK!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2010 10:08:00 AM More reviews by katemvirginia

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

These are my HG! Evens my skintone, makes pores shrink AND lightens my acne scars really fast! Amazed by this & have been using for 2 years. Love when these go on BOGO :)