October 21, 2014 | 2050 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Revlon - RV544 Tourmaline Ionic Hairdryer

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2007 7:39:00 PM More reviews by Daniellec

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really can't tell a difference between the T3 Evolution and this dryer. Yes, the T3 is more attractive and quieter, but the Revlon made my hair look and feel exactly the same for $270 less. Plus, the concentrator has a smaller opening with the Revlon and doesn't scorch my scalp the way the T3 did. I love finding a bargain!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/8/2007 1:25:00 PM More reviews by palibin

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My faithful 9 year old Jilbere blow dryer succumbed to burn out last week, so after reading the reviews I decided to buy the RV544 dryer. I used it for about 3 minutes and shut it off. It's much too loud with a high-pitched jet engine whine to it that I believe would cause long term hearing damage if I used it every day. Seriously. There must be a consumer reports article out there somewhere that reveals how many decibels this clunker generates. To top it off, it made my hair look and feel oddly frizzy. Back it went to CVS. I pulled out my Rusk Ceramic hair dryer I've had for about a year as a "back up". This dryer works quickly and although it's heavier than the RV544 it really smooths my hair and makes it very shiny.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/26/2007 1:00:00 PM More reviews by Jake

I didn't think a haridryer could ruin the condition of my hair until I used this one. Started using a few weeks ago and had noticed that my hair felt alot dryer all the time, even after conditioning. I figured I would just try my old dryer to see if there was a difference and sure enough, my hair was back to it's soft texture. Returned this yesterday. My hair is naturally curly so i was using with the diffuser, maybe this is better for people with straight hair but I don't see how it wouldn't dry out their hair too.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2007 7:54:00 PM More reviews by x3actress

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Well. Let me start by saying I got this based on review on MUA.
My hair type: Long (Just past bra straps), brown/brunette, thick, naturally wavy.

I usually don't blowdry my hair because of how dry it ends up, but I must say this didn't dry out my hair. It took me about 10 minutes to dry it; that's about half the time it took with my old dryer.

I used the diffuser attachment. I'll be honest, I was disappointed at first. I didn't think there was a large difference in shine or smoothness, but I straightened it that night. The next day at school, I got SO many compliments on how smooth and shiny it looked. They asked what my secret is, and I told them my blowdrier. =)

I used to straighten my hair more often and never got compliments like these. =)

So without straightening, I wasn't as impressed with it natural. However, I say it was well worth my money. =)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/15/2007 12:29:00 PM More reviews by taracall10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this blow dryer based on reviews on MUA and amazon.com thinking it was going to be perfect for my long fine color-treated hair. Well I was completely wrong. This is hands-down the WORST blow dryer I have ever used in my life. It ruined my hair. Since I have passed bra-strap length hair, I try and take very good care of it. Well since this blow dryer got so hot it melted a hole in the attachment nozzle and fried pieces off the top. I now have layers that are 6 inches long- when the rest of my hair is 18 inches long. I am so upset. This also caused tons of frizz that I didnt have before, so now I have that to deal with as well from the damage of this blow dryer. This also gets so hot that it will burn your skin. I accidentally put my thumb in the direction of air and it burned it so bad i had to put it under cold water. I dont know if I got a faulty blow dryer or what, but I wouldnt recommend this to my worst enemy.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2007 2:02:00 PM More reviews by GtownMermaid

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wanted to replace my Conair ionic because:
1) it's soooooo heavy and soooooo loud
2) it take s too long to dry my hair (20 minutes for *short* hair!!!)
3) I'm still attempting to get my hair to look like it does when I leave the salon

My hair stylist uses a Chi so I thought I'd fork over the $$$, but before I did, I read reviews here on the blowdryers. I decided to try the Revlon RV 544 Tourmaline Ionic, purchased from Target, and I'm happier with it than my Conair Ionic.

I've been using it for about 6 months now, and it solved #1 & #2 above (approx. 1/2 the weight & 1/2 the noise volume). It leaves my fine & colored/highlighted/lowlighted hair very soft & shiny. I stopped using conditioner - except once a month or so - because it feels so good. My hair gets dry in 10 minutes or less (depending on how much towel-drying I do). And as one reviewer noted, the concentrator doesn't fall off.

I'm still on the hunt for whatever else I need to fix #3 above. All in all, for the $30 or so that I spent vs. the big bucks that I almost spent on the Chi, I'm satisfied. I gave it 4 lippies because it's a good value for the performance, and have recommended it to friends.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2007 11:25:00 AM More reviews by uli_grrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What a great hairdryer! I've been using a regular Conair Ionic hairdryer for a few years with moderate satisfaction. It took forever to dry my hair and no matter what products I used or brush I used to blow dry with, my hair ALWAYS came out looking frizzy and damaged. HOWEVER, I read a bunch of rave reviews on the Revlon 544 model, and decided to upgrade. WOW, this product delivers! I have medium/long length hair and it only took about 7 minutes to dry. The only product I used pre-blow dry was some old Thermasilk leave-in conditioner. I didn't even use a brush to blow dry, and my hair came out smooth and NOT DAMAGED looking! I can't believe a hairdryer can make this much of a differance on the texture and appearance of hair. I've spent so much money on products trying to control frizz and all I really needed was a new hairdryer. And for $30 from Ulta, you can't go wrong. I highly recommend to EVERYONE!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2007 1:44:00 AM More reviews by girliex601x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i really don't have a lot of experience w/ hair styling tools. my last hair dryer was one i took from my parents, which they probably bought in the late 80's or early 90's lol. it left my hair very dull and took forever to dry. i finally made a switch to a more modern hair dryer to this model, so it's definitely an upgrade. it dries my hair super fast and leaves my hair looking normal, not dull and frizzy. noise level is not too bad, i can deal w/ that.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2007 1:12:00 AM More reviews by amyleegal

Well, back to a positive note here- I love this hairdryer, and the only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because I've never used a T3 or fancier hairdryer on my own hair before, so I really can't compare it. I do love this one though- it's so light weight! Now, it's not quiet, but I've never found a true-blue quiet hairdryer, so it doesn't really matter to me! I love how soft my hair is now that I've made the switch to this dryer. I had a Vidal Sassoon tourmaline dryer, but I dropped it into the bathtub (not plugged in thank goodness!) and it was ruined, so I researched a great hairdryer, and this one kept coming up everywhere I would turn. I'm glad I bought it and listened to all the reviews. This really does dry my long hair very quickly. I used the high heat, high setting to get it about 75-85% dry, then use the high heat, low setting to really give my hair a blow-out- I just love it, and for a dryer this inexpensive, it's kind of hard to complain about anything!!! I tell you, I really like the fact that the concentrator attachment stays put! Every hairdryer I've ever had always had the concentrator attachment, but would always come flying off when my brush would hit it accidently- so annoying! This one does not do that. It's well made, with a great price and really does the job- and does it well! I say give it a try- it's great!

*EDIT- January 1, 2008- Well, I got the Infiniti Styler for Christmas, so now I know what I was missing out on! This dryer doesn't dry my hair as fast as I thought it did! It also doesn't leave it as smooth as it could be, so it's a decent dryer, but not the most amazing one for sure!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2007 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Shedeviluptuous

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sometimes I dislike a product but can understand why other rave about it...but Im alittle shocked by how loved this blowdryer is...I dont think I've ever actually been ANGRY at a product until this piece a crap was in my posession. There are so many things I absolutely hate about this product...Everything everyone raves about this product for I had the opposite experience with - Dries your hair faster! No frizz! Ok, so after blowdrying my hair for 4 times as long as when I use my extremely old crappy conair blowdryer (which is a travel one to top it off) I ended up with a total frizz ball of hair..and guess what? IT WAS STILL DAMP. WHY? Its certainly powerful enough..it blew my hair everywhich way like a burning tornado, it should have been dry. WTH? My ends were a poofy frizzy mess..and my roots were a flat frizzy mess...mmmm, SEXY! Now, to be fair, this is my first Tourmaline blowdryer..maybe tourmalines in general don't work with my hair..I have no idea...but I still want to bash this thing against a wall repeatedly.