August 20, 2014 | 1136 users online

Eye Shadow - Revlon - Illuminance Creme Shadow Quad

rated 4 of 5 on 8/17/2011 9:03:00 PM More reviews by ginaandmore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I purchased three of these palettes from Target for $ 4.99 each which was ok price wise. But I purchased with the intent of using these as a base for my bright, smoky eyeshadows and my shadows that are weak in color. So far today I used the palette with the black, pink, white and whitish-silver combos and had success. BUT, I can see how others had trouble with this shadow if you use it alone. I would not suggest using it alone. I used Too Faced eye shadow insurance, then I used the silver-white Revlon creme shadow applied with a small shadow brush all over my lid. Then I used the Chanel Smoky Eyes quad and the results were just as great as a paint pot from Mac but even better because these contain specific color to my shadow I am using! For example, use the black under smoky eyes or dark shadows, use silver under for greys, use brown for browns, taupe for lighter shades, blue for blue, purple for purple, green for green etc...But only use it this way with a good eyeshadow primer such as Urban Decay primer potion or even Mac Painterly paint pot. Makes your eyeshadows pop and deepens the tone. I have oily eyelids and had no issues with creasing or smearing. Love it. I would compare it almost to the Smashbox Creme liner/shadow palette but much less expensive ($25).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2011 1:01:00 PM More reviews by RaeRae2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have 3 of these pallets and they are ridiculously bad. They crease and smear all over the place like nothing I have ever seen before, and my skin is super dry. I was embarassed the one time I wore them to work. All day long I kept blotting, blending, wiping out the crease. It was a terrible hot mess and by lunch time I wiped it all off to spare myself the embarassment. I would NEVER buy these again, which is a shame because they look deceptively beautiful in the packaging. Huge Fail.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2011 9:03:00 PM More reviews by rachieliu

I love creme shadows, because they're easier to apply and smooth/blend really easily. These Revlon ones actually have a really good colour payoff, and are pretty pigmented. They're a little tough to blend, so I use my fingers to dab and then spend a good amount of time blending with a brush. I have monolid (Asian) eyes, so there's no issue with creasing, seeing as I barely have a crease at all :D

The only con I see is the packaging, which is a pain to open and seems to open upside down (or am I just crazy?),

I will definitely be repurchasing in some other colours!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/31/2011 3:01:00 AM More reviews by BlossomWind

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Superstore for CAD9.49 in Precious Metals. Once I got home, I did some small watches on my hands, and in that moment, I fell in love! I had always been afraid of creme shadows since they are notorious for hideous creasing. Revlon did an amazing job on preventing that as always. This product has definitely made me brave enough to try other Revlon products such as their ColorStay Mineral Blush and Bronzer (http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp?ItemID=101237/http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp?ItemID=118722). You can use this versatile product in many ways such as applying it as a base, highlight, or eyeshadow. I consider having oily lids, so I was very surprised at how long these colors lasted throughout the day. There was a tiny bit of smudging and/or fading, but it was barely noticeable. Overall, I recommend this to first-time creme shadow users because of its fair price and lovely shades.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2011 9:40:00 PM More reviews by AznSzn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Overall pretty good. Its a good base, and this creme product stays on even when wet (for me). The mirror & compactness of this product was handy. It did come off by the end of the day, but I don't use that much anyways. I liked it and would buy another.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2011 4:49:00 PM More reviews by hancam1030

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this product! So far I own four of these quads, and I love all the colors. Very pigmented, but I only use a little for just a wash of color on my lids. It makes a very good base over my TFSI or UDPP so any of my powder shadows pop and last all day! I will always buy these. Definatly recommend!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/18/2011 10:03:00 PM More reviews by cookiefaced

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in "pink petals" and was sorely disappointed. The colour payoff is terrible, it is really dry and hard to work with despite being a cream shadow, and worst of all - it creases. Quickly. As a result, it's impossible to wear alone or underneath shadow as a base (even over primer/concealer, since I tried with and without). It is now a waste of product and money, and the only thing I would recommend is to stay away from it, especially if you have even slightly oily lids.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2011 6:48:00 PM More reviews by smn93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of my all time favorite cream shadows. The color payoff is wonderful, and the product layers very easily. When I wear this with a base and set it, I experience no creasing at all, even with my extremely oily eyelids. I am definitely going to repurchase this again and again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2011 7:01:00 PM More reviews by makeupnoobie143

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this shit creases even as a base! wtf!!!

as a creme eyeshadow dont even go there it will crease and fade and then leave little glitters all over your face

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2011 9:39:00 AM More reviews by chitinaak

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great for contact lens wearers. No loose eyeshadow dust falling into your eyes. I have not had problems with creasing or fading. I have been really happy with this product and only wish I would have thought to buy it sooner. No applicator included would be my only gripe.