November 27, 2014 | 1038 users online

Conditioner - Burt's Bees - More Moisture Raspberry and Brazil Nut Conditioner [DISCONTINUED]

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2008 2:48:00 PM More reviews by smurfkitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Okay, this isnít quite as bad as the matching shampoo (which I unfortunately also bought) and I do occasionally use it Ė but I would never buy it again. I love the smell.. but.. It claims to be moisturizing but itís really not. Itís probably the most drying conditioner I have ever used. As someone who has coarse, abused bleached hair, I desperately need products that are actually as moisturizing as they claim to be.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2008 11:14:00 PM More reviews by AtomicStarlite

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this conditioner!! I am a new devotee of 'Curly Girl' a book by Lorraine Massey, and this conditioner has all the qualities she recommends, and doesn't have the 'cones' which she doesn't recommend. I just bought my second bottle, and gladly paid $10. in a beauty supply store. I love that it's so fluid because it spreads easily through my hair. I pour some on my hands and rub my palms together and then spread it through my hair, top, then bottom, and then sides, and rinse it out for a few seconds. My hair is the best it's been for years now, shiny and healthy and full of Botticelli curls. The ingredients are pure, too. I'm shocked at the bad reviews!!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/10/2008 9:19:00 PM More reviews by anonymiss321321

This product SUCKS...It's liquidy, has an odd smell, and doesn't condition or moisturize the least bit. It makes no difference whether you put this conditioner in or just skip conditioner all together. This is by far the worst thing I have ever used

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2008 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Angelamakeup

I got this product from Target on clearance for $4,50 which was about 50% off. Very disappointed. This conditioner claims to moisturize but I didn't notice any improvement.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/30/2008 4:32:00 PM More reviews by Christmaself55

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used this until I found the conditioner that I was using normally. It's okay but it needs to be thicker. I feel like when I leave it on it kind of doesn't stay on my hair at all. Then when I wash my hair it's like, "Where is the conditioner I just put". It is pretty good and it smells good too. I would probably get again.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/14/2008 11:31:00 AM More reviews by Sephreak

I thought it was a coincidence that my hair was flat and icky the last few days (coincides with when I started using this product). I normally have short, curly, soft and fairly shiny hair.
The conditioner does detangle after the job the shampoo does on it, but it doesn't feel very nice otherwise.

I actually really enjoyed the smell. I bought and have used this with the Super Shiny Shampoo. Overall, am not impressed, and, after seeing the reviews for each product, will not continue to use. Back to Regis Olive Oil line!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2008 1:42:00 PM More reviews by isitfriday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Oh I wish i had these reviews with me when I was at Walgreens shopping for new shampoo and conditioner! i bought this for 50% off both the conditioner and shampoo- i tried it this morning and i am for the first time ever, returning both to the store, it is that bad. the conditioner was the opposite of moisturizing, I understand that it is all natural, i love that fact but this is terrible- this helped break up some of the knots caused by the awful shampoo, but not moisturizing enough for a conditioner that is called MORE MOISTURE! the smell does have a plastic aspect to it, not the fresh berry scent you would expect from a natural conditioner with raspberry in it- yuck! this is honestly one of the worst products i have tried, bad enough for me to burn my lunch break on bringing it back to the store for a refund. soo bad. My hair was not soft or easy to comb after i got out of the shower, I lost quite a bit of hair in my comb trying to get the knots out. I would stay away from this, it is that terrible. if i could give this a zero, i would.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2008 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Steel_Blue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

My hair: Long, wavy, easily tangled. I have a very sensitive scalp, that can only tolerate natural products.

The Conditioner: It's too thin to do any good. It also has so much sugar (sugar beet, raspberry, strawberry) that is just tangles my hair. It's not moisturizing like it claims, either. I will give it credit that it's free of harsh chemicals and wax, and doesn't irritate my scalp.

I will not be repurchasing. Burt's Bees Super Shiny Shampoo and Conditioner set is so much better than the Raspberry. Try that line instead.

Ingredients: water, cetrimonium bromide & cetearyl alcohol (coconut oil emulsifier), sucrose ester (natural sugar ester), vegetable protein, wheat protein, betaine (sugar beet), vegetable glycerin, honey, marula oil, glucose (sugar), brazil nut oil, raspberry extract, bergamot oil, orange oil, eucalyptus oil, fennel seed oil, strawberry extract, mandarin petitgrain oil, litsea cubeba oil, vanillin oil, davana oil, polysorbate 60 (sugar emulsifier), fragrance, glucose oxidase & lactoperoxidase (natural preservative).
continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2007 4:27:00 AM More reviews by ozlema

This was the worst conditioner I've ever used. Actually, I had to throw it away after a few uses because it felt as if it was draining the moisture out of my hair. Normally you feel your hair softened and detangled when you leave the conditioner in for a few minutes, with this it was just the opposite. Had to go back to the common drugstore brand...

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2007 8:21:00 PM More reviews by tessabeth

This is not the worst conditioner I've used. Just not the best. The scent is reminiscent of Givenchy's perfume Hot Couture, which is kind of yummy. This de-tangles hair well (it has to because the BB MM shampoo does nothing but give you tangles-you can read my review of that). I notice that I have to use WAY more of this formula than any other I've used in the past. Normally a small amount works, but with this I keep having to add more because it doesn't spread through my hair. It doesn't feel like it penetrates. It's not a very rich, moisturizing or conditioning formula but seems to work better than the shampoo. It's nice due to the fact that is is sulfate, paraben, etc free but it needs some work. My hair is more straw-like than I'd want. Instead of using it as a conditioner, I use it instead of shampoo once a week with a moisturizing hair treatment (still haven't found one I really like, though). I rub it right in to my scalp and it is light enough that it won't give me any build up. I doubt I'd buy it again once it's gone though.