September 30, 2014 | 1809 users online

Cleansers - Dove - Gentle Exfoliating Daily Facial Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 8/16/2008 4:08:00 PM More reviews by aclassicbeauty

First of all, I'm not a fan of drugstore skincare products. I only bought this cleanser to keep at my boyfriend's house because I didn't want to spend the money to buy my HG cleanser Dior Rinse-Off Cleansing Foam. My skin used to be normal to combo, but lately it has become drier and more sensitive. This cleanser was so drying on my skin, is overloaded with soap, and has even made me breakout. My skin is so parched after using this. What a waste of money. I also didn't read the label close enough as my boyfriend hates shopping with me, so I would have never purchased this knowing it has exfoliating beads in it. It is not good for your skin to exfoliate it everyday -- only twice a week. Anyways, I will not be repurchasing this again. I guess there's a reason I don't usually buy drugstore brands for skincare!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2008 2:51:00 AM More reviews by UberCute

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this cleanser for a few days now, and I already feel compelled to right a review of it!

Plainly put, it's' awesome. I have comb/oily skin and this really works for me. It should tell you something when my own mom uses this over other high ended cleansers and toners geared towards her age group. I can really see why now.

The smell is very fresh and soothing. I love the way the product feels on my face. It doesn't get bubbly or anything, but it is very creamy and nice feeling. When you wash it off, you can feel that clean bubbly tingly feeling (which I really like) and my skin just looks and feels great afterward.

Another great big ole plus from me is that it is also moisturizing. I have been in search of a really good moisturizer, but with this product, I feel ok to do without it until I actually do find my miracle moisturizer. lol

Oh, yeah...and the price is awesome. HG. Totally.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2008 11:32:00 PM More reviews by heathermrm

I really liked this cleanser - did nice job removing my mineral make-up, slight granules, so not too harsh, nice scent - and I THOUGHT my face was fairly well moisturized...until I used Olay's Hydrate and Cleanse - HUGE difference. Olay = much more moisturizing. However, would consider Dove my back-up if Olay every discontinues their H&G (which I pray they won't).

rated 3 of 5 on 5/9/2008 6:38:00 PM More reviews by smallpup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not my HG, but it works well on my sensitive skin. The exfoliating beads dissolve almost immediately so there is very little chance for irritation. I've been using this for about 10 days and my skin does look better.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2008 10:05:00 PM More reviews by michellecreasey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Hi everyone This is actually my first review ive been quietly reading everyone elses reviews for the past week.... This site is fantastic...Anyway i thought id share my feelings on skincare. I like many of u out there have wasted soooo much money on useless expensive skincare that was no better than pouring money down the drain.... Honestly ladies dove is by far the most value for money products on the market...sure they have some that mite be ordinary but there line overall is outstanding. I was looking for a cleanser for normal skin that didnt sting my eyes and took ALL my makeup off This is what a cleanser should do ladies,,,,, this is fantastic so is the Cleanser and toner in one...Im in australia so that isnt available everwhere but do check it out..No stinging,gentle doesnt dry your face and takes all your makeup off and i wear a lot of makup im a hairdresser.Please dont waste your money on expensive cleansers like i have over the years i regret it please learn from MY mistakes...love shell...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2008 2:09:00 AM More reviews by itzjuzKT

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE this cleanser, it leaves my skin so soft and smooth. I use this everyday and it cleans off my makeup very good, I also love how well it cleans my sweat after my workouts too. After 2 weeks of using this, I think it cleans the dead skin off my face because my skin is looking more balanced and smoother than before. Plus it helps reduce the shine on my face as well because usually when I put on my tinted moisturizer, my skin would be oily after couple minutes but after using this, it keeps my skin matte and soft looking, so this is a MUST HAVE for those with oily skin and want to reduce the look of slickiness.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2008 5:57:00 PM More reviews by sweetnsnooty

If you are looking strictly for an exfoliator, this may not be for you. I do not get any exfoliating action from the tiny beads -- they do desolve fast, as other reviewers have already mentioned. BUT, I stick with this product again and again because it does moisturize well, which is what my face desperately needs. This cleanser has a gentle, pleasant smell to it and lathers up well. I've tried other products and have always come back to this one. I am currently on my 4th or 5th tube and will keep buying for as long as it's available.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2007 12:45:00 PM More reviews by zephir

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is too moisturizing for me; there's shea butter in it! The beads seemed to dissolve in water, so there wasn't much exfoliation. It lathers nicely.

I think I'll stick with the Cool Moisture cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2007 11:56:00 PM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am always looking for something bigger and better, yet I always come back to this cleanser. I break out very easily with every other product I tried weather it is a $5 Cetaphil cleanser or a $35 Murad cleanser. I love how it exfoliates, yet is very gentle. I think when you have acne prone skin you need something to turn the cells in you skin over, but nothing to rough to irritate the skin, and this does a wonderful job. My skin always feels really clean afterwards, and I love the smell. With always be my HG cleanser, and I don't think I should waste my money and stray anymore!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2007 12:45:00 PM More reviews by ningurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Well, I'm half way through this tube and I have to say, I LOVE IT. It doesn't dry out my skin, the scent isn't overwhelming and it takes off all my makeup! I will definatly repurchase this. Oh and I have dry cheeks and normal t-zone.