MAC Viva Glam VI

4.3

on 2/23/2010 4:18:00 PM

I wanted to buy Viva Glam V, as it seemed more neutral for an everday-look, but unfortunatly it was out of stock. However, when I tried VI, which is much more pink, it made my blue eyes come out beautifully.
The only bad thing about this lipstick is the staying power, I redo my lips every half hour.... but I'm a lipstick freak!!!

on 2/17/2010 3:45:00 AM

This is my first and only purchase I've ever made at MAC and really, my first ever lipstick purchase. I just got a job that requires me to wear makeup for a polished yet natural look. I tried on other lipsticks at other places and at MAC, but this was the only one that fit the bill for my desired "my lips but better" look. I am Asian NC35 with a naturally darker lip color. I really only wear lip balm on my lips, so this was a huge surprise to me. It makes my lips look finished and a single color...sort of like what tinted moisturizer does for my skin: natural yet finished look. I love this lipstick for giving me a great first experience with lipstick, and I'm actually willing to experiment with more lipsticks from MAC! I'm eyeing some of the stuff from the colour forecast! For now, though, I've been carrying this stuff around even when I'm not working to refresh the colour of my lips. I feel fabulous with this on!

on 2/4/2010 4:28:00 AM

One of my favourite MAC makeup artists recommended this brownish-plum-with-a-hint-of-red shade when I told her I loved Naked Paris l/s and wanted something similar. At first I was put off. I love the shimmer in Naked Paris, and this one didn't have it. I love the depth Naked Paris has while it's still quite natural. This one looked flat and ageing.
I wasn't ready to give up on it just yet, so I took it with me on a business trip. I constantly overslept and didn't feel so well, so I had to be quick with my morning routine. I had to skip all eye makeup but mascara and added just a little shimmer instead of a colored blush and put this l/s on. And voila! Perfection. With minimal makeup, this makes my eyes more blue, my skin clearer, my complexion was glowing more than before.

For me, this l/s clearly is a little-makeup-l/s because it just doesn't work as soon as I have a little bit of e/s or blush on (hence only 4 stars), but other than that it's incredibly flattering and makes me look polished and healthy even if I'm sick and feel like crap.

on 1/26/2010 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

VG VI is a described as a terracotta plum. I can see that, it has slight shimmers too. The texture is nice, since it's a Lustre and smooth. I love the taste and smell of MAC lipsticks too. However, the color is a bit too orange for me, maybe the balance went in the way of terracotta instead of plum. It's very similar to MAC Sophisto, which I love, and prefer over this. So if I had to repurchase, i would get Sophisto which has that deep plum base that makes it exquisite. Viva Glam VI, not so much. But it may look okay on warmer skin tones. I'm yellow, but neutral.

on 1/3/2010 9:15:00 AM

I've really tried to like this lippie but I just can't bring myself to do it. This does nothing for my skintone or my teeth. It's described as a terracotta plum and when you think about it, that's a strange color combo. It really does look like a terra cotta plum on me and I think it is ugly. You'd think it would complement my freckles and green eyes but it seems to clash with them. It makes my lips look dirty and muddy and yet somehow garrish!! YUCK! I slicked it on one day at my desk and then went to the ladies' room a 1/2 hour later and glanced in the mirror...I was shocked at how terrible I looked! I had to remember what it was I had put on my lips and when I figured it out, I vowed to never wear it again.

on 12/30/2009 7:11:00 AM

I'm NC25/C3 with pigmented lips (raspberry pink red). This shade is decent.. and gives me a MLBB look. The lippie colour is a toned down pink-brown. I could live without this lippie so I won't be repurchasing after I finish it.

PROS:
-flattering colour
-pigmented
-buildable colour

NO CONS.

Hit the jump for a better pic:

continued >>

on 12/29/2009 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

After reading a few reviews on this lipstick, I noticed that this looks very different on everyone. For me(NC40), this gives me a beautiful bronze raspberry color. I don't really like bold lipsticks so I love the lustre line. It's almost like a lipblam with color. The staying power is pretty good and it doesn't dry my lips out.

on 12/25/2009 5:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Viva Glam VI looks like a browny red on me. Although MAC describes it as a terracotta plum, I don't really see it being plummy on my lips. I find it a little too dramatic for day and tend to use it mostly at nights. It's rather close to Sophisto except that it has more browny undertones. It's a rather pretty colour and I like to use it when I want to feel glamourous. Although it isn't very moistursing, it does feel comfortable on the lips. The proceeds go to the MAC AIDS fund, hence it's worth buying it again.

on 12/10/2009 9:36:00 AM

I really like this color, I didn't think much of the color when I first got it. It's described as a terracotta-plum (lustre), but on my lips its just a sophisticated berry. My lips are pigmented and this color works really well for me. I just love to wear it. I like it more than Sophisto. It gives my lips that extra boost of color. My skin tone is nc30. Great color.

on 11/29/2009 8:57:00 AM

My first MAC lipstick. I tried all the regular colors and didn't find anything I liked. I didn't think about the Viva Glam colors because they all looked too pink or too light and I always gravitate toward neutral browns. This color just caught my eye and when I tried it, I loved it! I have NW15 skin and on me, the brownish tones come out instead of the pink in this lippie. I love the lustre and sort of metalic sheen to this and it is probably one of the brightest lipsticks I have but still will work well for work then a few more swipes and it's dramatic for evening. I'm very impressed with MAC-the price is great (as compared to Lancome or Chanel lipsticks). Loves it!

Popular Lipsticks