July 23, 2014 | 1212 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Viva Glam VI

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2010 6:47:00 PM More reviews by lucdiaz

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

VG VI is a described as a terracotta plum. I can see that, it has slight shimmers too. The texture is nice, since it's a Lustre and smooth. I love the taste and smell of MAC lipsticks too. However, the color is a bit too orange for me, maybe the balance went in the way of terracotta instead of plum. It's very similar to MAC Sophisto, which I love, and prefer over this. So if I had to repurchase, i would get Sophisto which has that deep plum base that makes it exquisite. Viva Glam VI, not so much. But it may look okay on warmer skin tones. I'm yellow, but neutral.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/3/2010 9:15:00 AM More reviews by Sockknitter

I've really tried to like this lippie but I just can't bring myself to do it. This does nothing for my skintone or my teeth. It's described as a terracotta plum and when you think about it, that's a strange color combo. It really does look like a terra cotta plum on me and I think it is ugly. You'd think it would complement my freckles and green eyes but it seems to clash with them. It makes my lips look dirty and muddy and yet somehow garrish!! YUCK! I slicked it on one day at my desk and then went to the ladies' room a 1/2 hour later and glanced in the mirror...I was shocked at how terrible I looked! I had to remember what it was I had put on my lips and when I figured it out, I vowed to never wear it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2009 7:11:00 AM More reviews by diddlez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm NC25/C3 with pigmented lips (raspberry pink red). This shade is decent.. and gives me a MLBB look. The lippie colour is a toned down pink-brown. I could live without this lippie so I won't be repurchasing after I finish it.

PROS:
-flattering colour
-pigmented
-buildable colour

NO CONS.

Hit the jump for a better pic:

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2009 6:00:00 PM More reviews by island_honey

After reading a few reviews on this lipstick, I noticed that this looks very different on everyone. For me(NC40), this gives me a beautiful bronze raspberry color. I don't really like bold lipsticks so I love the lustre line. It's almost like a lipblam with color. The staying power is pretty good and it doesn't dry my lips out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2009 5:54:00 AM More reviews by sunnyisland

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Viva Glam VI looks like a browny red on me. Although MAC describes it as a terracotta plum, I don't really see it being plummy on my lips. I find it a little too dramatic for day and tend to use it mostly at nights. It's rather close to Sophisto except that it has more browny undertones. It's a rather pretty colour and I like to use it when I want to feel glamourous. Although it isn't very moistursing, it does feel comfortable on the lips. The proceeds go to the MAC AIDS fund, hence it's worth buying it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2009 9:36:00 AM More reviews by behappy08

I really like this color, I didn't think much of the color when I first got it. It's described as a terracotta-plum (lustre), but on my lips its just a sophisticated berry. My lips are pigmented and this color works really well for me. I just love to wear it. I like it more than Sophisto. It gives my lips that extra boost of color. My skin tone is nc30. Great color.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2009 8:57:00 AM More reviews by buggyness

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My first MAC lipstick. I tried all the regular colors and didn't find anything I liked. I didn't think about the Viva Glam colors because they all looked too pink or too light and I always gravitate toward neutral browns. This color just caught my eye and when I tried it, I loved it! I have NW15 skin and on me, the brownish tones come out instead of the pink in this lippie. I love the lustre and sort of metalic sheen to this and it is probably one of the brightest lipsticks I have but still will work well for work then a few more swipes and it's dramatic for evening. I'm very impressed with MAC-the price is great (as compared to Lancome or Chanel lipsticks). Loves it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2009 12:52:00 AM More reviews by sourish

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite lipstick! It's one of those colors where you could go bold with, but not too much of a "BAM" at the same time. It's a great transition if you're one of those people who only use light/neutral colored lipsticks and want to try something a little dark.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2009 10:13:00 AM More reviews by StilettoVixen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love love love this lipstick color. It is the perfect shade of hot pink for me. Caramel complexion.Loves it!!!. It's like a perfect pink that you may have had at one time but then they discontinued it and you could never find another one! I love love love this lipstick shade.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/28/2009 2:44:00 PM More reviews by frenchmartini

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lipstick was just ok. I guess it's because I've seen colors similar to Viva Glam VI before. The color is a little too dark for me to wear everyday. I do like using the Viva Glam VI lipglass over it...it looks really nice...however when I wear it alone I feel like it just dulls my skin out.