October 1, 2014 | 1787 users online

Liquid - Boots - No7 Intelligent Balance Foundation Mousse [DISCONTINUED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2011 11:12:00 PM More reviews by katiepeezie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have had a lot of foundations woes. It seems impossible to find a foundation that offers good coverage, wont break me out, doesn’t shine after an hour, and is light enough for my ghostly complexion with undertones that are more yellow/neutral instead of pink. I checked out a lot of different brands and couldn’t bring myself to pay for something so expensive that offered me only one of the things I needed. I ran across this on the target website and looked up reviews for it. Almost every review raved about how light and silky this was while still offering medium/full coverage in a matte form that didn’t aggravate their skin. It sounded too good to be true but I thought I would check it out anyways. I went to target and bought the lightest shade new ivory. When I opened the jar it looked like it would be too dark and was sad that I would probably have to return it. I tried it out anyways with fingers crossed that by some chance it would match. The shade actually applied much lighter than what it looks like in the jar and it’s practically a perfect match! After applying it and wearing it I can tell you that I am in love with this foundation. It offers everything I want at a reasonable price ($14). Whats also great is you barely need any at all to cover your entire face with full coverage. I only need to lightly powder now to stay shine free for hours and before I would need to powder again 30 mins later. It also hasn't aggravated my existing acne or broke me out compared to colorstay. The only downfalls to this is because it is matte it can emphasize dryness on your skin, not terribly, but it can still be annoying. I found the same with other foundations before this too. It also only has maybe 4 or 5 colors in the range. Luckily mine works perfectly ( I was using Revlon colorstay ivory before this but it was too pink.)I also enjoy applying this because it feels luxurious, as if I'm applying velvet to my face. I am in love with this foundation and if you are looking for what I was looking for I would highly recommend that you give this a shot

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2011 12:14:00 AM More reviews by Evanthia

Great product, blends very easily, covers but still looks like your skin, can be layered for a more full makeup look. Velvety finish and stays on all day but almost turns a slight dewy look by end of day which I have no problems with. I use a flat top kabuki to blend and I absolutely love this foundation I wear the shade blond 20 and is a perfect shade. Very nice packaging frosted glass and sleek black lid with gold, plus made in France so its a high quality product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2011 11:04:00 AM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The packaging is a frosted glass jar with a shiny black lid, very Chanel-esque and luxe, especially for a drugstore brand. It also comes with a small plastic spatula for scooping the product out, so you don't have to worry about unsanitary fingers in the jar, or not being able to reach the last bits of product. I am NW15 in MAC and bought New Ivory, which is the lightest shade. The foundation itself is lovely - a very thick, spongy, creamy mousse that dries to a velvet finish. Medium to full coverage, and you need only a tiny amount. This gives a "flawless finish" beautiful matte look that would work nicely for a vintage or pinup look. My skin tends to be dry, but this foundation works for me because I exfoliate and moisturize religiously. I don't use a primer underneath, and this gives a lovely finish that lasts all day and stays matte. In my experience, you need to use a synthetic flat top brush (like ELF flat top powder or Sigma F80 or F82), or a sponge. The price is a little high for a drugstore brand (around $13-$15), but still low when compared with department store/Sephora brands. Overall I am extremely pleased with this for a drugstore foundation. If I ever run out, I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2011 5:11:00 PM More reviews by ajax5455

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using only powdered mineral foundation for the last few years (I love Meow; inexpensive and very few ingredients). Liquid foundation makes my touchy skin clog and break out. For some reason I can't explain, I picked up Boots No. 7 Intelligent Balance Foundation Mousse in New Ivory (a very neutral tone). It's amazing. It's thin and lightweight, and it doesn't make me break out but does give me great coverage. It's one of the few foundations that doesn't look like it's just sitting on top of my skin, and it's even better with a little moisturizer mixed in. I'm not thrilled about dipping into the foundation jar (not sanitary) but I'd absolutely buy this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2011 2:07:00 AM More reviews by sassylatina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I didn't know quite what to expect when I purchased this. Even though it is called mousse, when I first felt it on my face it seemed more like a powder. When you spread the product evenly across the face THEN it feels like mousse. The transformation is really cool. I like this because a thin film covers very well and looks natural. It is also easy to have a more dolled up glamorous look if you put on an extra coat.

The shade matches my skin perfectly (I am number 20 "Blonde"), but I think I was just lucky. There are only 6 or 7 shades total offered in this line. I am the second to the darkest. I think the darkest shade is called "roasted almond" or something similar.

BIG +: usually mousse texture foundations rub off easily and transfer onto clothes...this one doesn't do that! YAY
    Also, the price is really good because it is one full ounce (other drug store brands and department store brands as well are never one ounce. They are usually between .3 -.6 ounces)so this is a steal for $13.00.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2011 7:48:00 PM More reviews by Sooboomom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My everyday routine is quick and easy with MMU, but there are times when I want a more finished look. I've tried a variety of foundations in the past few years to see what will work on my now-menopausal skin. This Boots mousse is the hands-down winner! I bought New Ivory and got fabulous results buffing it on with an Ecotools brush. I used it the other evening for a semi-formal event and was very happy with the coverage, feel, and wear. Thanks, MUA reviewers, for your helpful feedback -- it steered me to a reasonably-priced product that works beautifully for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2011 7:21:00 PM More reviews by jkpetite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

BEST non mineral foundation I've ever used! Seriously! For $14 I have amazing coverage, a matte finish and a perfect skin tone match. It has a very smooth, velvety finish. I apply it with my ELF Studio Powder brush and buff, buff, buff! I absolutely LOVE this foundation. In fact, I'm using it instead of my usual HG EDM as EDM is reformulating their intensive base, thus it's not available. It can accentuate dry areas, so beware. Also, the shade is darker in the jar than in reality, so make note when trying to find your shade. I made the mistake of getting Buff the first time and it was way too light even though it looked perfect in the jar. I went back to Target and got it in Blonde, which looked too dark in the jar but ended up a perfect match on my skin. It's great with a primer - stays on all day. I love the packaging but can see how it could become a problem in terms of getting all the product out, but that's what the little spatula is for. I am absolutely going to repurchase.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2011 11:37:00 AM More reviews by claragonz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's my first time to use a mousse-like foundation, and this one really worked amazing for me! I love the finish, it has a satiny-feel and is also matte at the same time, which I love! It lasts all day too! It didn't oxidize or change color throughout the day. I didn't need to touch up! Wow!!! I have to give it to Boots! I have their lifting and firming foundation, as well as their Stay Perfect foundation. I give them all 5s! Such a great brand, and affordable too!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2011 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Carolyn8088

Beautiful coverage, love this foundation.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/10/2011 7:56:00 PM More reviews by ckaw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This stuff doesn't last more than an hour on my face. The last time I wore it I was only hanging around the house so there is no reason why it should have rubbed off so quickly. Such a shame because it glides on so smooth and looks great for such a light foundation. Unfortunately this is one for the trash.