September 1, 2014 | 1116 users online

Fragrances - Elizabeth Arden - With Love by Hilary Duff

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2011 1:34:00 PM More reviews by balticseababe

I loved this perfume when it came out and also had the second one she made after this. I think it smells wonderful, feminine, and sexy. The only reason for giving it a 4 instead of a 5 is due to it not keeping well.
After a while of being open it started to smell a little off, almost as if the ingredients had gone bad. I did buy another one that came with the lotion after this. The perfume and lotion smelled great at first, but after a few months I noticed that same odd smell on the perfume again, and the lotion started to smell like plastic (maybe the packaging?).
I wish the quality of this was better, because the smell is absolutely amazing as long as your bottle is fresh.
I did notice this happen with other celebrity perfumes, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2011 12:21:00 AM More reviews by Deyak949

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely looove this perfume! i got a huuge bottle for about 10 dollars with the lotion and everything from walmart on sale. I bought this about 5 years ago, and when i saw it i picked it up again. A little goes a long way, its super inexpensive, and smells fantastic. Didnt seem like a perfume id expect from her, but its still good. Id repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2011 1:59:00 AM More reviews by maybelle

I got very lucky. I got this at Ross for $11.99 for a very pretty 1.7 oz bottle, after trying it elsewhere. This is not what I expected from anything Hilary Duff. This is a wonderful, warm, spicy fruit that fades into a soft, lightly musky wood, and it has very good sillage. I remember reading that it's supposed to have mangosteen notes, but on Fragrantica, it says mango. What is intriguing is the wood note: cocobolo. I don't know of any other fragrance with this wood. It's softer and sweeter than sandalwood to my nose. I would give it a 5, but I just got it, and I need to wear it longer to be certain. : )

Edit: Okay, it gets a 5...works supremely well on me, and I can't stop sniffing my hair and wrists. It sweetens up on me with time, and the wood note mellows. Surprise, surprise.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2011 3:45:00 AM More reviews by Jasmine19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this scent so much. I think it's more for the winter though cause it can be a little strong. A little goes a long way. Someone also told me it smells like a scent for older women but I don't think that's true.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2011 4:49:00 PM More reviews by dusty87

I have always absolutely loved this fragrance, since it came out when I was 19, till today (im 24)... Its definately a fragrance for all occasions. I have bought this 4 times, once when it first came out, twice on ebay about a year ago, and again very recently. The two I bought previously on ebay smelled distinctly different to the one I first bought. Perhaps they were fakes?! Or maybe just old?! But I have heard other people saying that over time this perfume smells different, and not in a good way!

The one I have bought very recently smells like the very first one I ever bought, thank god! Anyone else have this problem with them smelling different??....... Anyway, I adore this perfume and always will do, why doesnt Hilary make more scents?! She has a knack for it! Love the chai latte note in this, a fabulous composition.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2011 4:46:00 PM More reviews by eurodivas

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was surfing the net and came across a poll from TotalBeauty.com where they listed the worst and best celebrity scents. Hillary Duff was either No.1 or No. 2 so I decided to try it out. I have no idea who this person is as I am from Europe so I was not prejudiced. I was able to pick it up on a website in Germany for 27 Eur for 50ml.

This fragrance is worth every penny. I have fragrances in my collection which cost over 200 euro which cannot hold water to this scent. I love everything from the opening to the dry-down which is where this fragrance is especially beautiful and pleasing. I love how the floral notes are perfectly balanced with the woods to create a grown up fragrance which can be worn and appreciated by women of all age groups. The scent is not overpowering but a the same time gives enough silage to last all day.

Very well done and wort a try. For those not being able to afford a woody fragrance from the line of Serge Lutens this is a nice soft alternative. There are a lot of woody scents on the market today but a lot of them are poorly made. The bottle is also nicely done and feels posh in the hands.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2011 7:37:00 AM More reviews by freckleP

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My new favorite fragrance! I'm not usually a woody person but now I can't live without it.This is nothing like what I own - a very unique fragrance (I'm over florals!).. so warm and rich and sweet. One or two spritz lasts me all day. I also love the lotion in the gift pack unfortunately it's hard to find now.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2011 12:14:00 PM More reviews by HannahTheScribe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had no idea this was published under Elizabeth Arden! Well, it makes sense, since Elizabeth Arden publishes many commercial celebrity fragrances! Elizabeth Arden is always a winning brand. Women should wear it more often!
This is by far my favorite perfume. It smells spicy and sweet, just as a cinnamon candy stick is spicy but sweet. It has a hint of coconut as I perceive it, and that's what makes it totally unique. My dad loves this perfume! I sprayed it on my special pillow so that when he went away on a business trip, he wouldn't be lonely, and when he got back two days later, it still smelled like the perfume!
This perfume is semi-long-wearing: I'd say around 1-5 hours. The bottle is just too cute...it looks like a treasure! I'd recommend especially for young girls! Again, I bought this from a consignment shop like I have said in other Elizabeth Arden reviews on MUA, and I bought it for $10. I think fragrancenet.com, my favorite perfume website, has it for around $26 for a good size.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/24/2011 5:19:00 PM More reviews by glassflowersxy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really love this scent! This was my first real perfume. I got it my senior year of high school after years of wanting it. I'm sure that almost four years later, the scent has expired or is near expiration. Luckily, I only have a quarter of it left and I can find it for a cheap 20 dollars in stores now, as opposed to the $45 I paid years ago. I love the musky smell. It's sort of grandma-y but I like it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2011 7:28:00 PM More reviews by funnygirl131

Pretty scent. Nice for going out at night. Not for summer imo ...too strong. I definitely get a spicey licorice note in there along with musk .I would buy again. It also lasts pretty long.The bottle has a nice weight to it and reminiscent of a diamond.

Notes in fragrance are
Top notes are spices and mango; middle notes are cocobolo and mango blossom; base notes are amber and musk.(description from a site about this fragrance)