July 28, 2014 | 1953 users online

Fragrances - L'Artisan Fragrances - Vanilia [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2006 7:22:00 PM More reviews by lilou

I love Vanilia! I'm not a big fan of vanilla fragrances (they often remind me of the vanilla essence we use to flavour cakes). This one is so different, it's a warm smoky-sweet vanilla. The balance is perfect, not too smoky, not too vanillic. I love this perfume because it's not obstrusive and can be worn all year long. The drawback is that it lasts only about 4 hours on me, then nothing...gone! But I will definitely repurchase another bottle when I'm done with mine, it's so worth it! love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2006 4:09:00 PM More reviews by Rivercat0338

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For about 60-90 minutes, this is my HG vanilla scent. In the first hour or so it borders on being too sweet, but then a wonderful--but very subtle--warm, smoky floral vanilla emerges that I just adore. And then it's gone. Can't decide whether a full bottle is worth the investment for that hour of perfection.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2006 9:55:00 PM More reviews by ThreeLeaves

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The most I've ever paid for a fragrance and well worth every penny! Warm but floral too. Hard to describe.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2006 9:49:00 PM More reviews by dissed

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wanted this to be a smoky vanilla. Alas, no smoke. On me, it's remarkably similar to Fleur des Comores. This one is a sweet floral vanilla, and Fleur des Comores is a sweet fruity-floral vanilla. Very pretty.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2006 5:40:00 PM More reviews by Rochella

Three words: Vanilla Carpet Freshener.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2005 10:20:00 PM More reviews by Angel_Ling

Hmm, I don't get a smokey scent from this, but it definitely is not a typical gourmand vanilla. It is a bit spicier... *sniffs wrist and thinks* You know, I started writing this review intending to give it 2 lippies, but I swear, it's really growing on me. I've had it on for several hours now, and I thought I didn't really care for it, but I didn't go to the sink to wash it off immediately, like I would normally do. I thought it had a hint of syrupy-almond sweetness to it, which I dislike... but now that it's barely noticeable on my skin, it's nice -- comforting, ever-so-slightly spicy, but creamy. Hmm. Well, I'll give this a slightly confused 3.5 lippies. Not bad, not bad. Good for a night out on the town, or a cozy night in with your SO.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2005 5:04:00 PM More reviews by Sarahpixie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I could have loved L'Artisan Vanilla so very much. I never got a chance to find out. The scent vanished from my skin within minutes. I love the L'Artisan line. Most of the scents seem to have very good lasting power on me. Well poop!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2005 10:55:00 PM More reviews by missjoinder

This is in my hall of fame for fragrance. It's a warm, sexy, smoky vanilla that doesn't overwhelm people. There's almost a floral quality to it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2005 11:50:00 AM More reviews by redhead2000

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I heard this was a "grown up vanilla" so I was expecting something really delicious. I was so wrong. I am so thankful I sampled this first because all I smell is smoke. No lie. I detected no vanilla whatsoever. This is smoke in a bottle. UGH.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2005 5:51:00 PM More reviews by BasiaS

A pleasant smokey and dry vanilla that's not sweet. Floral and woody notes keep it from smelling like a cheap, cookie-like fragrance. Pretty, but I do prefer SMN's version of non-foody vanilla. Lasting power is extremely poor, so 1 lippie down.