July 23, 2014 | 2007 users online

Blush - Chanel - Joues Contraste Powder Blush

rated 4 of 5 on 5/19/2009 2:24:00 AM More reviews by mustardandmint

Got this in 'rose dust' because I'm anal about blushers having shimmer and being overly sparkly but this was a pleasant surprise coming from Chanel as their other colours are just loaded with sparkles. Effective in delivering a soft, natural blush effect. Added incentive is its soft fragrance. Minus as it is expensive for a blush compared to other brands such as Dior or Shu. Also, the first time I used it with sephora's blush brush it was EXTREMELY powdery as if it was not pressed properly but after 3 usage it doens't flake off anymore. Odd. Overall a great product because of the packaging and since I'm a sucker for nice-smelling items (:

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2009 11:35:00 AM More reviews by DarlaRay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am reviewing In love JC. As with all of the JC's this is no exception to being fab! On me it's a coral-pink color. It just melts into my skin with little effort. It has just a hint of shimmer and smells wonderful.
You either hate or love the smell, and I find that it varies in degrees of being to strong with the different colors. I don't use this everyday, but I do use it a lot in the summer when I tend to be a lot more tan.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2009 3:46:00 PM More reviews by ElizaJJ

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I adore this blusher in 'desert' for a shimmery, elegant evening look. It is a dark pinky bronze that is difficult to describe but looks naturally contouring on my fair complexion. You have to be careful not to overdo it but this is my HG blusher for the evening when I want a subtle but sophisticated pinky bronze glow. Simply stunning! BTW I am dark brunette with dark blue eyes, fair skin which tans and use Bourgois blush in sienne for the day (Bourgois is made by Chanel!)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2009 2:42:00 AM More reviews by Holyskin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm very fair, and such a small amount of this blush makes such a difference for me. I've only just started on my first one ever, so I wonder how long it will last. I think for a long time. I bought the Chanel blush brush too. The results I see with this product truly amaze me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2008 1:30:00 PM More reviews by marysusan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This review is for Chanel Joues Contraste Blush in Rose Petale. Beautiful color, works well with a fair - fair/medium skintone that is on the warm side. Really brightens.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2008 1:54:00 AM More reviews by scsevenone

even tho it's quite expensive... it's worth it when you find your perfect shade of color... however i wish it would stay on longer through out the day. waterproof blush would be nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2008 3:57:00 PM More reviews by pink_jasmine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

In my opinion, Chanel Joues Contraste Powder Blushes are the best blushes. The texture is soft and velvety and they have great pigmentation. The staying power is excellent and they have a a lovely, fresh, rose petal scent. They come in an assortment of beautiful, skintone-flattering colors, and each compact contains a large amount of product!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/28/2008 8:39:00 AM More reviews by EternalRose

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

little disappointed by these...i am genuinely surprised by all the positive comments here! the smell doesn't bother me so much, but these just don't go on well. they look blotchy and DIRTY. plus, they have no staying power. clinique stays on me all day, and so does bobbi brown but when i use chanel blushes they are gone by lunchtime. such a disappointment for something so pricey.

for the record, i have this in turbulent, mocha, and fantasia. all gorgeous colors but just not what i am looking for. i don't know why i kept purchasing them, i think it was just the name and i kept hoping i would change my mind about how i felt about them. no chance!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2008 1:19:00 PM More reviews by lilnodyxp

this is an expensive blush compared to the others out there but i love the case it comes in. its so luxurious. i have the color narcisse 44 which gives me the sweet innocent blush look. (when the devilsh part of you need a rest from the crazy party week u had) lol its very sweet and cute and works on my skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2008 6:47:00 PM More reviews by chanel277

Mixed feelings about this one.I don't think it's the most unique product I v ever seen.This in not exactly a regular blush is more highlighter than blush that's why goes on that sheer.Chanel has also regular blushes this is to highlight the cheek bones.I own the 82 reflex it's a coral color with frost finish.Has strong scent and very nice packaging.Nice texture goes on very sheer as I said and blends very easy.The powder has very good quality.It's a very decent product but personally I prefer the regular blushes from Chanel this goes on too sheer for me