November 26, 2014 | 1768 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Take the Day Off Cleansing Milk

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2011 2:26:00 PM More reviews by rayjbady

I LOVE this makeup remover. It takes off everything, not just eye makeup, and doesn't leave any residue on my skin. It's a great step up from the Take The Day Off eye makeup remover, which is greasy. I love that this stuff is in a pump, so I can use Q-tips, cotton pads, my fingers, tissues, anything to apply and then wipe off. I haven't had any problems with skin irritation, but then again, I don't normally have any problems with that.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2010 10:28:00 PM More reviews by MakeupAddictLa

This product was honestly a waste of money. It takes a lot to remove my makeup and it leaves a very greasy feel on my face. This product also really sting my eyes if I accidentally get it in them. The stinging feeling lasts for at least 5-10 minutes.

I'm not a big fan of this product. The bottle it came in was nice, with a pump but it was way too expensive for not doing anything. Save your money and DO NOT purchase this!

Overall a very disappointing product.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2010 4:39:00 PM More reviews by Ella90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It's bad.
I really love Clinique, and C.3 steps are amazing, but what the hell this cleanser doin'? It's super expensive, and HURTS my eyes sooo much , I'm really dissapointed

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2010 11:25:00 PM More reviews by mellymel11

I am honestly surprised on the bad reviews. I use this on a cotton ball to swipe of my powder foundation or concealer. It definitely removes all of it and then I use a mild soap to rinse it off. It is gentle and doesn't clog my pores. I like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2010 2:45:00 PM More reviews by r4tgl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this after a clinique sa insisted I needed to try the 3 step system number 2 for my flaky yet combination skin, which as I expected ,was an epic fail. I went back to pick this up as my skin seems to like lotion type cleansers & am glad that I did. I use this only on drier areas of my face. I take a cotton ball & apply 2 pumps to it then dab it on my cheeks, nose, forehead & chin, I then let it sit a moment then blend it in & allow it to sit again, then finally I take a warm damp wash cloth & wipe it off. This product & method takes off my liquid foundation, blush & hilite products just fine& this also was gentle enough to save my skin after the 3 step nightmare.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2010 10:24:00 PM More reviews by Jinhee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

GWP item that I would not purchase. Very gentle and emollient cleanser that does not take off the day or anything else for that matter. I have taken it to washing off the cleansing oil at night and I like to use it in the morning for the moisture it gives me but I certainly can pass this one by.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/8/2010 8:46:00 PM More reviews by Linlovesxo

THIS SUCKS. Honestly just save the 25$ because really this is crap. Definetely not gentle at all and if it gets anywhere near the eye area (I KNOW IT'S NOT AN EYE MAKEUP REMOVER!) get really to scream and cry. It removes some make up but not all and it broke me out. :/ There just so many things wrong with this.. yuck. I gave it to my mom because I didn't want to can 25$ and she doesn't even use it. Clinique should seriously change the name to keep the day on!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/12/2010 7:50:00 PM More reviews by roselouxembourg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have a dry skin which is no VERY sensitive, but this "gentle" ( as it's written on the bottle) cleanser not only burns my eyes out, but also burns my skin, makes it red and sore...how could Clinique produce such an aggressive cleanser? Shame!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2010 3:14:00 PM More reviews by brightcrystal10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

By far one of the best makeup removers I've ever used. Removes literally every ounce of makeup and leaves skin very soft and nourished. I haven't used this as an eye makeup remover though as I use a different product for that.
This product is priced at 16/$24 for 200ml which I consider to be such a bargain seeing as I've had mine since the beginning of August '09, have used it every single day and there's still about 1/5 left in there (it's mid June'10 now).

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2010 2:32:00 PM More reviews by flowix

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

Possibly the worst and most useless purchase I've ever made. Ever. I don't usually write reviews for products I dislike, however, I really felt like I have to warn others about this product before more people spend unnecessarily on this cleanser.

Don't get me wrong - I love Clinique, their pressed foundation and blush are my HG, so while repurchasing a foundation refill, I was convinced by the saleslady to get this as well. I was told that this was a gentle make up remover that wouldn't irritate my skin (I have sensitive skin). However, I was DEEPLY disappointed when I tried it later that night and realized that this so-called cleanser did absolutely NOTHING at all.

I followed the instructions and applied it directly to my dry skin. It removed NONE of my make up at all and stung my eyes SO much. In the end, I just had to use my usual Nivea make-up wipes to get rid of all the excess product. Clinique's Cleansing Milk left my skin with an oily residue and did absolutely nothing except waste my money. For the high price I paid, I was expecting at least a decent MU-remover-cum-cleanser. Very disappointed. One lippie for the good packaging.