Bath and Body Works Exotic Coconut

3.5

on 6/16/2008 1:30:00 PM

I was lucky enough to get some of this on sale but the salesperson did tell me they are only bringing it in store January and June. Online is the only other option, but it isn't always available. This is definitely my type of coconut, I LOVE coconut type smells, the musky-ness works well with my body. So this was definitely a keeper for me!

on 2/22/2008 11:00:00 AM

I really like this lotion. It smells like a rich coconut...a creamy coconut, and it seems to have a hint of vanilla. It is definitely a food scent. I love it but need to be in the mood for it...which is usually most of the time!

on 1/21/2008 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Smells Like fried food. Tried this today at Bath and Body Works. Felt like I was smelling fried fast food. Could not detect any type of coconut. Would not buy let alone try it again.

on 12/30/2007 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Smells good, coconut with vanilla and musk notes, Tropical, but warm enough to wear in cooler months and not feel like a pina colada. I see the WVS comparisons, but it's far more coconutty then that. While wearing this, a friend commented that "something smells like coconut macaroons" and I said I believed it was my lotion, he said "It smells pretty amazing"
The formula is typical B&BW, not especially moisturizing, but very fragrant. Luckily, I did not experience the burning other reviewers mentioned, and I have *very* sensative skin.

on 11/5/2007 3:31:00 PM

I've had trouble finding this lately at BBW--the lotion seems perpetually out of stock. Finally I asked one of the salespeople there about it (I'd really rather be left alone while I shop but it came to this) and she told me they were "phasing it out." I love this far more than any other coconut I've tried from them (coco cabana, coconut lime verbana, creamy coconut) so I hope it just turns into one of the sale fragrances--but I have my doubts. Coconut with a little vanilla and musk, this is very subtle and great for layering. I had none of the tingling described by others.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I loved the old Creamy Coconut smell. I usually love all the Bath & Body works products, and have never had issues with them. As soon as I put on the new Exotic Coconut lotion it started to tingle. At first I thought maybe this is apart of the new product. I brought it into Bath & Body works to ask if indeed this was supposed to tingle. The salesgirl looked at me like I was crazy and said I don't believe so, no one has ever experienced that before that we know of." I loved the scent of the Exotic Coconut, but due to the odd tingling sensation have stopped using it and went back to The Body Shop Satsuma lotion. I am glad other people have experienced the "tingling or burning" and I am not the only one.

on 8/17/2007 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I LOVE the BBW body creams...after using tons of expensive ones, I really think these are some of the best out there. Worth the price, too, because they beat out drugstore lotions by far. This scent surprised me at first because it is very earthy and natural for a BBW scent. I've come to really love it during the summer as a base fragrance. It smells like actual coconut and dries down to a musky vanillla on me. My other absolute favorite is the exotic cherry blossom in the red bottles. I'm not a fan of any of the traditional scents though (I like the old Lime scent they carried, but of course it's discontinued).

on 7/20/2007 2:45:00 PM

I liked this scent. This is definitely one of the best coconut scents I have smelled. However, I purchased the shimmer lotion, thinking that it would be a more subtle shimmer (much like the coconut lime verdana lotion)....but it was very glittery. After a few hours, it looked like I just dumped glitter on myself. It got all over everything, my boyfriend....my clothes, my sheets and towels....and it didn't easily come off. My boyfriend kindly asks me to refrain from wearing it around him anymore because of the glitter.

I would consider purchasing the non-shimmer/glitter formula again. I normally like shimmer lotions.

I also experienced the burning sensation when I put this on. Oddly, I thought it was just me....but my skin isn't sensitive, and I do not know what could have caused that reaction.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

It's the perfect coconut, IMO, and boy,do I love coconut!!! I bought numerous jars of Exotic Coconut body butters at BBW's semi-annual sale last month, and have been using them non-stop for 6 weeks!!! Like the other poster, I am a coconut-aholic, too, so I find Exotic Coconut intoxicating. Whatismore, coconut is such a versatile, but neutral base IMO. Personally, it is the perfect base for all of the scents in my summer scent rotation. So, I slather on the body butter every morning and can happily apply whichever of my chosen summer 2007 perfumes I choose -- without the Exotic Coconut upstaging the perfume of the day..

What's with alll the negative reviews about this fragrance??? It is by far my favorite BBW scent. I am a coconut-holic, and this is awesome. Every time I wear it, someone compliments me on how I smell. And I happen to like the "burning sensation". During the winter, I put it on after I shower, and it warms my whole body. Love, love, love this stuff.