July 24, 2014 | 1884 users online

Lip Liners - Jordana - Lip Liner

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2007 6:15:00 PM More reviews by Nekura

I can't tell the difference of sublines with Jordana lip pencil products really other than slight difference in color of packaging/color of the cap.

I have this in Cranberry Cocktail, it has a silver cap instead of the clear ones I've seen just to clarify... This is a deep vampy wine shade. The consistency is creamier than most lipliners but also keeps the color in place. I needed a liner that I could use for 1) lining my lips 2) using it as a red base. I like red lips.. bold, dark, and MATTE. It's always a problem finding a nice dark liner that does it's job without making my lips too dry or looking clown like. It's a basic pencil so sharpening is required but I like really defined lips... so I prefer these over retractables :)

For $2 I got something that did more than what I was looking for. I'd try other shades for this price. However due to the creamy consistency, think of these more like lipstick pencils... Bleeding might be a problem if you're going for a bold + glossy look.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2007 10:45:00 AM More reviews by KtKelly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really don't like lipstick OR lipgloss, but I have a solution that's worked well for me over the years- if I find a lipliner I really like, I apply it over a lip balm, so it's not too sheer and not too opaque. I recently purchased the Jordana basic lipliners in both Petal and Spice and am absolutely blown away by the quality and beautiful colors of both of them. I'm a convert! I don't wear lipstick with lipliner (please, I'm 37, I don't want to look it), but I am very happy when I find a cheap lipliner that looks good over balm. The colors are gorgeous.I did try Natural, as well, but it looked muddy and, well, un-natural! I have fair skin, blue eyes, reddish-brown hair and yellow undertones. I hope these never disappear! (I bought mine at Walgreen's for about a buck apiece). FYI, my favorite balm is Palmer's Cocoa Butter Stick- I stock up in the winter and always hand them out to my chapped friends and family.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2007 3:47:00 PM More reviews by kak513

I recently decided that I needed to wear pinup girl red lipstick, but I wouldn't dare use it without a lipliner, so I grabbed Hot Pepper for less than $2. It's much creamier than I expected--enough so that I could wear this as a matte red color without the lipstick, almost. This is not the fun retractable kind, this is a good ol' pencil. The cap fits nice and tightly so no worries about tossing it into my purse and letting it fend for itself, and the color is very pigmented and easy to feather out on my lips. Good stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2007 2:46:00 PM More reviews by newyorkknick

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have the retractable liner in plush plum, and i lowe it. its not as matta s traditional lip liners are. I use it as more of a stain or as lipstick even. Its 2 for 3 for the retractables as well and the price is great. I like how its retractable, no sharpening!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2007 6:40:00 PM More reviews by hj_torrence

On a general note, I love the jordana lip liners and pencils, especially when I want to try new colors (I just tried several dark, dark reds on my fair skin and loved several). We don't have a Walgreen's here, but they do sell this line at our DOLLAR STORES! Check them out -- $1 is even cheaper than $2! I normally buy expensive makeup (when it's worth it), so it is great to have a source for lip (and eye) color that is CHEAPER THAN DIRT.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2006 8:59:00 AM More reviews by diagnosedsounds

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought three lip pencils (Nude, Cabernet, and Toast) and will probably not be going back to Jordana...
Why?
Because while the colors themselves are pretty nice (Nude-Dark nude color, Cabernet- a wine-red color, and Toast- a slightly darker brown "Nude" color), they began to bleed while I used clear lipgloss over them!
I was shocked to say the least. I had only used the Jordana brand clear lip gloss and it didn't last for longer than an hour.
After using the Cabernet with the clear gloss, it began to slide off and make my mouth look like I had been punch in the mouth, it made it look raw.
Really was expecting more from Jordana after reading all of the reviews.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2006 10:59:00 PM More reviews by rubie

AMAZING product. I have this liner in COCOA. It is soft, glides so easily on lips, AND has good pigments. The color stays on lips really well and I hardly need to put lipstick. It's so cheap, too!!! I will not buy liner from any other company from now on. I feel so stupid for the fact that I spent $14 for ONE lipliner before!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2006 12:31:00 AM More reviews by lycanthropy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this lipliner in Natural and I would have to say this has the best staying power of any lipliners I have tried this is my new hg I can layer it too.... I will line my lips powder then line again and it still looks natural great stuff..... and what a bargain for the price...

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2006 4:52:00 PM More reviews by mrmoon

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have these liners in 4 shades, nude, spice, nutmeg, and a pinky one I forgot the name. They all look great when just applied (except for the nutmeg which is a dark brown, don't know why I'd buy it in the first place), but barely stay over two hours. I like the color of the "spice" so much. If only it stays over 4 hours am I asking too much?
Didn't sharpen them yet so have no comments on the packaging. I did have terrible experience with Wet n Wild and Yves Rocher pencils.
But at this price I would like to get some other shades and just play with them.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2006 1:31:00 PM More reviews by Paolarosa

The Jordana lip liner I purchased is the Easyliner for Lips in "Tawny". Purchassed this at Walgreen's for only a dollar and change - this is a great retractable lip pencil and just as good as the department store brands. This shade is really more like a warm pink-mauve - a very versatile shade. My favorite combo is lining and filling in my lips with "Tawny" then topping with Sally Hanson Diamond Lip Treatment Lip Gloss in "Royal Romance" (a lovely pink-plum-mauve with golden shimmer). Highly recommended!