MAC Technakohl in Graphblack

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, hydrogenated olive oil stearyl esters, polyethylene, polybutene, silica silylate, candelilla wax, octyldodecanol, microcrystalline wax, theobroma grandiflorum seed butter, sodium hyaluronate, zinc gluconate, magnesium aspartate, tocopheryl nicotinate, sodium ascorbyl phosphate, water, copper gluconate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate. May Contain: Mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, aluminum powder, bismuth oxychloride, black 2, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium olive breens, ferric ferrocyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

on 2/16/2012 9:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I was shocked to see such a low rating on this product! It has become my HG liner for my waterline after the first use. I used to swear by MACís Fluidline for the waterline for years. It was my mission since I started wearing makeup to find something that didnít have to be checked for smudges every half hour and reapplied at the same time. Fluidline was my dream come true after 15 years of searching, but I just happen to casually ask a SA if she could recommend anything in pencil form for the waterline. I didnít have great expectations, but she recommended this and I had a gift card to use, so I figured worst case I could use it for top of my lid. I threw it on quickly just to try it and forgot about it. It was 5 hours later when I happen to look at it and it was still set in place without a smudge or fade. I will note here that it is VERY black on me. I honestly couldnít be any happier with this product. Since the Fluidline lasted so well on my waterline, I didnít really mind taking the few extra minutes to have to use a brush, but this just cuts that step and can more easily be thrown in my makeup bag for on the go use. I have a steady hand for a brush, but why not cut steps if you can? I

on 2/14/2012 10:39:00 AM

This was my first eyeliner and first MAC product I ever got, so I didn't have very high standards then. I loved how natural the black was when I used it as a liner, very good for cat eyes. I love how it's a twist type without needing a sharpener, very convenient especially for touchups outside. Hence, I've always repurchased.
However, after comparing with other eyeliner products I've gotten over the years, I have found cheaper alternatives. This one doesn't go on as smoothly as my Milani liquify (costs S$10) and Solani eyeliner (Taiwan cult product which is even cheaper). Technakohl smudges too, but it is better after application of eye primers.
For S$29, you can do better.

on 2/8/2012 7:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I recently tried this after using Revlon Colorstay eyeliner in black for several years. This is a definite upgrade! I don't have to reapply half way through the day and it is very black. It doesn't glide on as well as the Revlon, but I also think that's why it lasts longer and you are able to get a finer line. At twice the price of the Revlon though, I'm not sure I'll make a permanent switch considering I go through eyeliner like crazy!

on 2/4/2012 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG Product. I have one in my car, one at home and one in my purse. I cannot do without this. This is the first thing that I apply when I wake up. Being indian I have always used kajal for as long as I remember and this is just a more modern version of it. If you apply concealor around then it creates a barrier and prevents this from leaking or spreading and that ways I can go for hours without retouching it. I will keep byuing it. The complain that I have is at time the liner just breaks so you have to be little careful about it. But that won't stop me from using this, i still love it the same.

on 1/30/2012 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This eyeliner is pigmented, but not overly creamy that it will smudge off instantly. It last for a fairly long amount of time, but halfway through the day, it will wear off my waterline. I use this on my upper waterline and lower lash-line. It's a good eyeliner, and I really like it, but it's not amazing. Part of the reason I got this was because of the twist-up packaging. It's a pain to always sharpen pencil eyeliner, but this is really convenient. This is my classic go-to eyeliner.
Edit: this eyeliner doesn't last that long, it smudges pretty easily

on 10/29/2011 9:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

LOVE this eyeliner. i was so surprised to see the less good reviews before this! i have been using Revlon ColorStay for years, which is good, esp for a really smoky eye, but it smudges so easily and needs fairly frequent reapplication. with this eyeliner, you can either make a smoky eye or more of a slick eye (like with liquid eyeliner), and it DOES NOT BUDGE! i had no problems with smudging. HG!!!

on 10/28/2011 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I first found out about this product form a makeup stylist. She had amazing makeup and her eylliner was flawless she said she was wearing all mac products and worked for them too. SO that night after work I decided to buy this $15 eyeliner hoping my money was well spent.

Man this is some good stuff! Although I have to apply 2 times to get the blackest black this stuff stays on forever! Doesnt smudge or run and I've had it on all day. I'm extremely suprised for I have excessive oil on my eye lids and ender my eye and it ahs not moved once! I even took a run outside and it stayed intact!

Heck I even use this as a lip liner too. I probably should consider getting another stick for health reasons, but on lips this stuff is amazing.(I would get a lipliner but there is none in blac :)

This is recommended for the blackest black for the oiliest skin.

on 10/22/2011 7:24:00 PM

DO NOT BUY THIS EYELINER!
I'm just trying to keep other buyers from wasting their time. It is completely awful!
I paid 15.00 dollars for theis crap.
First off, the MAC lady said this was perfect for the waterline-NO
Second, she said it was long lasting-NO
Then she said it was waterproof-Not for me!
This was gone after an hour and it smudges terribly.
I am returning soon. You will be wasting time and money purchasing this

on 10/18/2011 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG liner for the waterline. I have strayed and tried counteless liners from the MUFE aqua liners, which just arent that black, to avon supershock which I ordered from the UK. The closest liner I can think of that even comes close to me is the Revlon Colorstay liner of a few years back before it was
reformulated :(...loved that liner... I have been using this for about 3 years now and have lost count of how many I have gone through. I use this only for the waterline and its black enough for me, do I wish it were Feline or supershock black, yes but there is something in those liners that makes my eyes super itchy and irritated, and I dont wear contact lenses. My friend on the other hand loves Feline she wears contacts and has no problem. Another thing I love about my graphblack is it doesnt migrate and smudge all over the place like feline does for me even with setting. The amount of product in here is very small, but for an effective product that I use up and doesnt just end up in my drawer of forgotten liners I am happy. I cant comment on how this does on the lid as I reserve this for the waterline only. It lasts on my waterline about 4 hours + with minor fade in the outside corner which is awesome for me. The packaging is perfect for me as I never have to worry about it being sharp since I only use it for the waterline make sure the cap double clicks to make sure the product doesnt dry out. I dont wear makeup or liner on a daily basis maybe 2-3 times a week and this lasts about 4 months for me LOVE THIS!

on 10/16/2011 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

i went to the mac counter today looking for a pencil on the waterline that is VERY black and lasts a very long time. so this review is based on the application on the waterline, not upper or lower lashline.

anyways, this liner is very smooth. i prefer rectractable eyeliners over pencil because i hate sharpening, and if it breaks while im at school, the mall, the movies, etc i wont be able to sharpen it. the packaging is really sleek and chic, like all other mac products. the SA cleaned it and let me try it on, and i walked around the mall for at least an hour with it on my waterline. it still looked perfect, so i definitley went back and purchased it!

MAIN POINTS: smooth, great for waterline, and long lasting. a drugstore dupe for this would be rimmel london's exaggerate waterproof eye definer, without the lasting power.

Top Rated MAC Products