MAC Technakohl in Graphblack

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, hydrogenated olive oil stearyl esters, polyethylene, polybutene, silica silylate, candelilla wax, octyldodecanol, microcrystalline wax, theobroma grandiflorum seed butter, sodium hyaluronate, zinc gluconate, magnesium aspartate, tocopheryl nicotinate, sodium ascorbyl phosphate, water, copper gluconate, pentaerythrityl tetra-di-t-butyl hydroxyhydrocinnamate. May Contain: Mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, aluminum powder, bismuth oxychloride, black 2, blue 1 lake, carmine, chromium hydroxide green, chromium olive breens, ferric ferrocyanide, manganese violet, ultramarines, yellow 5 lake.

The best black pencil eyeliner that I have tried so far. However, it is not as smudge proof as the brownborder. I was disappointed when it started smudging on me because the brownboarder works so well. Although it is the best black pencil I've tried, I probably wouldn't repurchase because I feel like there are better ones out there.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Like the reviewer below, i have been using Clinique Quickliner for years and so i purchased the MAC Technakohl to try.

I am really happy with the quickliner - it stays put and does not smudge. The technakohl is very good - a deeper black than the quickliner. I think the technakohl goes on easier and smoother and is much easier for lining the lid than the quickliner. I have used technakohl on the lower lash line and whilst it glided on smoothly and with good colour, it did smudge a little where as the quickliner does not do this.

Hmmmnnn... it's tough to choose between the two, but i have ended up using technakohl to line my upper lash line (not lid) and then either clinique quickliner in black to line my lower lash line (softer look) or clinique intense quickliner in intense black (dramatic/stronger look).

They cost about the same and i suppose i could use quickliner to line my upper lash line, but i love the fact that the technakohl is really smooth to apply and so there are no tears when i line my upper lash line using it!

Hope this helps you...

I think this liner has better staying power than Smolder, and I much prefer the packaging because you don't need to carry a sharpener and the thickness of the lead is always the same. I am on my third stick and will most likely buy another once this one is done.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love how soft this is. It goes on really smoothly without dragging the skin. It doesn't stay on my waterline but I have yet to find an eyeliner that does. Think I might try this in a black/brown next time.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I was shocked to see such a low rating on this product! It has become my HG liner for my waterline after the first use. I used to swear by MACís Fluidline for the waterline for years. It was my mission since I started wearing makeup to find something that didnít have to be checked for smudges every half hour and reapplied at the same time. Fluidline was my dream come true after 15 years of searching, but I just happen to casually ask a SA if she could recommend anything in pencil form for the waterline. I didnít have great expectations, but she recommended this and I had a gift card to use, so I figured worst case I could use it for top of my lid. I threw it on quickly just to try it and forgot about it. It was 5 hours later when I happen to look at it and it was still set in place without a smudge or fade. I will note here that it is VERY black on me. I honestly couldnít be any happier with this product. Since the Fluidline lasted so well on my waterline, I didnít really mind taking the few extra minutes to have to use a brush, but this just cuts that step and can more easily be thrown in my makeup bag for on the go use. I have a steady hand for a brush, but why not cut steps if you can? I

This was my first eyeliner and first MAC product I ever got, so I didn't have very high standards then. I loved how natural the black was when I used it as a liner, very good for cat eyes. I love how it's a twist type without needing a sharpener, very convenient especially for touchups outside. Hence, I've always repurchased.
However, after comparing with other eyeliner products I've gotten over the years, I have found cheaper alternatives. This one doesn't go on as smoothly as my Milani liquify (costs S$10) and Solani eyeliner (Taiwan cult product which is even cheaper). Technakohl smudges too, but it is better after application of eye primers.
For S$29, you can do better.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I recently tried this after using Revlon Colorstay eyeliner in black for several years. This is a definite upgrade! I don't have to reapply half way through the day and it is very black. It doesn't glide on as well as the Revlon, but I also think that's why it lasts longer and you are able to get a finer line. At twice the price of the Revlon though, I'm not sure I'll make a permanent switch considering I go through eyeliner like crazy!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG Product. I have one in my car, one at home and one in my purse. I cannot do without this. This is the first thing that I apply when I wake up. Being indian I have always used kajal for as long as I remember and this is just a more modern version of it. If you apply concealor around then it creates a barrier and prevents this from leaking or spreading and that ways I can go for hours without retouching it. I will keep byuing it. The complain that I have is at time the liner just breaks so you have to be little careful about it. But that won't stop me from using this, i still love it the same.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

This eyeliner is pigmented, but not overly creamy that it will smudge off instantly. It last for a fairly long amount of time, but halfway through the day, it will wear off my waterline. I use this on my upper waterline and lower lash-line. It's a good eyeliner, and I really like it, but it's not amazing. Part of the reason I got this was because of the twist-up packaging. It's a pain to always sharpen pencil eyeliner, but this is really convenient. This is my classic go-to eyeliner.
Edit: this eyeliner doesn't last that long, it smudges pretty easily

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

LOVE this eyeliner. i was so surprised to see the less good reviews before this! i have been using Revlon ColorStay for years, which is good, esp for a really smoky eye, but it smudges so easily and needs fairly frequent reapplication. with this eyeliner, you can either make a smoky eye or more of a slick eye (like with liquid eyeliner), and it DOES NOT BUDGE! i had no problems with smudging. HG!!!