November 26, 2014 | 993 users online

Lip Gloss - Cover Girl - Outlast Double LipShine

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2009 9:03:00 PM More reviews by tatitatertot

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was HORRIBLE i hate is so much. It dried my lips out so bad and the color was just so horrible on me. It settled at the corners of my mouth and cracked horrible i do not recommend this what so ever.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2009 3:20:00 PM More reviews by lovestosmile

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So I'm giving it 2 stars for the color alone. Antique rose is very nice. That said---this stuff sucks! This gave me the most horrible,hoochie mama, I-like-my-lipliner-dark-and-my-lips-bare look ever.If I wanted to look like this, I can do the dark lip liner no gloss in the middle thing on my own. Hurrah for those of you this worked for, because, it takes oil to remove this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2009 10:23:00 PM More reviews by allicat626

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

I've got this in the coral shimmer color and it looks gorgeous on tan skin! It's a very pigmented color and it has a slight frost to it. It really stays put all day! I had to take it off at night with some toothpaste. It doesn't dry out my lips or flake at all. However, I also have this product in the ruby shade and the formula is much worse. It bleeds and stains and really flakes off. The color also looks orange in some lights. I guess the formula depends on what shade you get. The coral color is amazing!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/8/2009 11:45:00 PM More reviews by dowabiechama

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This thing really sucked, it dried out my lips. None of the colours matched my skin tone.

Price: $10
Color: Tutu
pros:
its lip tinting thing and lip gloss in one
The clear side smells kind of like vanilla (note kind of, if you sniff it too much it goes back to smelling like a chemical)
It lasts forever
Cons:
This thing made my lips super dry
If I had a lip balm underneath it it would kind of float to the outside of my mouth, making it look huge.
it was fairly expensive for a drugstore lip gloss
the colors don't really match with any skin tones unless you get the red ones (they don't look very natural)

Overall: This product was awful for the price tag, even though the clear gloss was pretty good it began to annoy me because it kept on sticking to my hair and eventually made it look greasy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2009 10:36:00 AM More reviews by ouija

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the original 2-step Outlast Lipcolor, so I thought I'd give this gloss a try. Step 1 is pretty much the same as the original product...the shade had a bit of gleam in it, but not enough to look hideous. I didn't experience any dryness or flaking (unlike the painfully crappy LipStain.) Step 2 is a thick, sticky, gooey gloss that is applied with a brush. Pain. In. The. Neck. I guess the gloss part is the whole point of the product, but...yuck. I quickly started using the original Outlast topcoat instead of the syrupy LipShine gloss and it works fine. I took away one star for the gross gloss, and another because of the ridiculous packaging...took 15 minutes to get the shrink-wrap off.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2008 5:29:00 AM More reviews by melesande

Bah. This didn't work well on me at all. The color was nice, and it looked fine when I first put it on, but after an hour or two it started wearing off. That would have been fine, except that it didn't wear evenly -- just in the center part of my lips, leaving a ring of color on the outside. I had forgotten to take the tube with me, and I couldn't get the rest off, so I was stuck looking like an idiot for the rest of the day. >:(

This also feels funny on, sort of tingly, almost, and seems more drying than Revlon's ColorStay. Though I haven't tried the other Outlast formulations, I can't say I really want to. Definitely won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2008 4:14:00 AM More reviews by just_a_small_town_girl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have this is 240 Berries N Cream and I love the colour! A beautiful pink that stays on my lips for longer than I'd even ask for! Helps to add a thin layer of lip balm before applying to help keep your lips moist! It masks the weird smell of this stuff. It's not really bad.. but it's not amazing either.. haha, it's just strange.. so I think using a scented balm helps for those reasons, too!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2008 3:01:00 PM More reviews by duncan123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Unlike the Outlast lipstick, I would buy this again. I don't know if it's because it's sheerer or my lips don't cry for mercy at the end of the day, or what, but I prefer this to the lipstick. The LipShine is pretty typical...the color at one end and the gloss at the other. I cannot tell you the color I bought...it's a "Blossom" type color and that might have been the name. Just like the lip stick, if you don't keep the packaging, all you get is a number that you have to squint to see. The number on this one was 300. It goes on smoothly...no tell tale smell ...you apply the color first, let it dry and then add the gloss. See, I actually prefer the L'Oreal lipglosses because it's not a 2 step process....I have a color of that called "Fiery" that I wear again and again. Beautiful, sheer, gold/red color. With this CoverGirl lipgloss, you have to reapply the gloss. Revlon glosses are the same. But, I can handle this...it's not horrible, but not my HG. I would buy again IF there's a sale at CVS or Walgreens and IF it's a BOGF deal.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2008 1:39:00 AM More reviews by valacelo

I love this range of lipcolours, they do stay on all day!

The colours are quite strong so I use a lipliner underneath and put the colour on the middle of my lips and then smooth it to the edge so its not too thick.

Then wait a few moments for it to dry and it stays on ALL day.

I actually haven't tried the clear gloss end of the product because i prefer to use vaseline over the top. The product is a little drying but if you put vaseline over the top its fine :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2008 4:31:00 PM More reviews by lolo10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I found this item at Big Lots for like $1.00 and some change. I was a little skeptical to buy it at first because the price was so low, but after I took into account the fact that I was born blessed with skin that isn’t sensitive or allergy prone, I decided that the worst that could happen would be that I would break out in some kind of rash and have to go to the doctors…no big deal…

I purchased the product and was immediately disappointed (as was another reviewer) in the fact that once you peel off the clear label the color name goes away. I gave the product an initial, what I thought to be, test run…did a swatch on the back of my hand to test the color and after determining that I liked it, I put some on my lips. The glossy end was really smooth and I liked the brush applicator. The color end was fairly easy to apply and looked good on BUT…

I took a shower, as I customarily do in the evening, washed my face and proceeded to prepare for bed and I noticed that the color was STILL on my lips. I tried to remove it with soap, baby wipes (which wipe off all of my other makeup really well), and even after brushing my teeth I could NOT get the color to come off….I didn’t have any makeup remover on hand so I literally had to apply pressure and rub my finger across my lips to get the color to peel off…not to mention (this is 9 hours later mind you after washing dishes and showering earlier today) there is still faint color from the swatch that I did on my hand yesterday. I will have to update this review later however because I didn’t know about the oil based thing when I first applied the color. All in all I gave it 3 lippies only b/c on the initial test run it was so darned hard to get off!!