April 18, 2014 | 1851 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Burt's Bees - Radiance Eye Cream with Royal Jelly

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2011 1:27:00 AM More reviews by italiana800

I bought this eye cream when I developed a little bit of eczema on my eyelids, because this cream was recommended for that. I paid around $20 for it at walmart, which is really expensive. But at the time, I really needed it, so I put the price aside and bought it:) It's a heavier cream & it's very moisturizing as well. Within 2-3 days, my tiny dry patches on my eyelids were pretty much gone. I'm happy to say that my eczema has not returned since then. On the bottle, it does say to use either in the day time or the evening. I would recommend using it in the evening before going to bed, because it is a heavier cream and it can be overly moisturizing for the day time. I did notice that it can cause irritation if you use too much of it. I think the royal jelly is kind of a strong ingredient, which can cause irritation. So, just be aware of that. Overall, I think it's a good eye cream, but more for night time.

**UPDATE:** Over time I've noticed this irritates my eyes like crazy. Still a good eye cream, but I won't buy again. My search goes on for the perfect eye cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2011 11:06:00 AM More reviews by funkydancey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this product when I developed eczema under one of my eyes. Everything else I tried burned really bad, but this one did not. I like the thickness and smell. It's good at night, but I can also wear it under my makeup in the day. I wish it was in a pump or tube because my nails are longer and the pot is small, but that's my only complaint.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2011 11:37:00 PM More reviews by bbBearBear

Not the best eye cream ever. It's really moisturizing... a little on the heavy side. Some times i dab a little over board, and I get pimples. I got a big zit at the corner of my eye brow, I got small white heads below my eye bag a couple of times too. One time i applied slight too close to the outer corner of my eye, and it was irritating and I started to tear up. I bet some of the product must have gotten into my eye! I've been using eye gel/ cream for yrs and I bet I must have had them in my eye before.. but all previous eye gel/ cream never burned my eyes like this one did. One good thing is that it made my plucked eye brow hair grow back faster! LOL. it serves as a wonderful evening eye treatment. But it's not the best option for day time, esp. when I am always in a rush to get out in the morning. However, continuous use does improve my dry under eye skin, and allows concealer to go on flawlessly. I think I'll repurchase it as an evening/ winter time/ rescue eye treatment, but not a daily, twice per day moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/25/2011 3:35:00 PM More reviews by mschams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

**UPDATE: 12.01.11 ----I have just about half of the pot left since I posted this review -- and have had greater results. :) **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I said to myself I would wait one month before doing a review. But! I couldn't wait.. ALRIGHT, so I checked reviews on MUA and read all the mixed messages of how it doesnt work, its sticky, greasy all it does is moisterize. etc. good and bad stuff. But bought it anyway because I was in need of something without spending $90. I am all about keeping my face fresh, clean and I love facial skin care products.

My conclusion:
The skin around my eyes is thin and do have some damage from wearing falsies (daily) and have undereye creases. I have been using this product for 1 week and half now (twice a day) once in the morning and once before bed. In the morning after washing my face, I'll apply this cream first! before any makeup, face cream, fixing the hair etc.. as I know it does take a bit for it to sink in and moisterize. Since using this product, I have noticed my creases minimized, filled in, and eye area tightened. My eyes look fresh.

***IF!*** you think you can apply concealer right after applying this eye cream - you are wrong- it will feel sticky and hard to blend (tried and true). SO what I truly truly believe is that you have to let this cream completely sink in before applying ANYTYPE of concealer or eyeshadows etc. I usually let it settle 10 min before concealer

This eye cream has a thin consistency (thick, glossy, too greasy= you used too too much), all you need is a thin layer, little tiny dabs. Put a little bit at a time evenly across to cover the entire area. It has a slight smell - not too sure what it is but its not strong and I dont mind it at all. It comes in a small jar (no spatula) boo. But with a clean fingers, it can easily be applied.

Price - I searched at the local Shoppers Drug Mart $29.99, Marks work warehouse $29.99, and cheapest deal I found is Wal-Mart for $23.xx.

So if you are willing to let this product sink in and work its magic, go for it! But if your the type who is always on the go and doesnt have time to wait - I'd not recommend buying this for a day cream but use it as a night cream.

I am definitely buying again. Pls note* this is not meant for dark circles.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2011 1:22:00 PM More reviews by angelinuh

A terrible eye cream, gave little moisture, too much mica, and overall not very effective.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2011 10:04:00 AM More reviews by waterlilly26

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I decided to give this a go after I started noticing my usual eye cream is now irritating my eye area, don't know why, I have been using the same one for a year now. I'm guessing my skin is changing as I get older, any who I like this product doesn't sting, irritate or cause any redness or burning like my other eye cream. I haven't used this long enough to say if it did anything special, it just keeps my area soft and hydrated with no irritation, so its keeper in my book. I think I'll stick to natural products, my skin seems to agree with them. Now if I could just find natural makeup products to work/replace my whole collection, I would be a happy camper, but I don't think that's possible, lol plus I haven't found any of my makeup irritating in anyway, must just be something in the eye cream?? I'm just happy I found this cream :-) keeps me from looking like a freaky creep out a "the night of the living dead" movie! Haha

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2011 9:51:00 PM More reviews by EllieVanilla

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This stuff is so amazing. It smells ok and works wonders.

I have light dark circles and a bit of puffiness under my eyes.. and this helps just enough where I don't need any concealer. It comes in a very small container and it is a bit pricey for a drugstore item, but HEY! it works, so why not.

I really recommend this b/c who doesn't want a product that works and something that is widely available. Make sure you have a coupon or it is on sale because I paid $18.99USD and IT COSTS TOO MUCH for a drugstore brand.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2011 11:58:00 AM More reviews by batyah

I have bought quite a bit of Burt's Bees over the years, and have liked most, including the awesome peppermint chap stick. I wasn't expecting it to be quite so expensive, but I bought it anyway. I have tried the complete face lines of many name brand treatments, and have been disappointed... so I figured I would keep my receipt and could return it if needed. The first time I put it on, I could feel intimidate tightening around my eyes. I figured it was just a party trick so I was excited to check my eyes in the morning. I am shocked to say that the lines are greatly reduced, and my skin feels tighter! I hope this continues to be awesome!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2011 11:59:00 PM More reviews by trixie68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have tried many products throughout the years and I have to say this is one of the best. I found it while I was on vacation and needed a cheap eye cream fast. I am familiar with the Burt's Bees line and have tried many of the other products. This has completely gotten rid of my fine lines and brightened up under my eyes. I have oily/ sensitive skin but this absorbs very quickly and makeup goes over it very nicely. I am thrilled that a little goes a long way and is very reasonably priced. I would recommend this to a friend.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2011 12:23:00 AM More reviews by kellich

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm not a fan of this product - I didn't even finish it.
It wasn't moisturizing enough for me during the winter and it stung my eyes, particularly my eyelids, and I was not using any other medications on my face at the time.
The consistency was weird as well.. not something that I am used to. I did feel like it relieved puffiness, but my dark circles were unaffected.
I will not purchase again and I don't recommend this for sensitive skin.