November 26, 2014 | 1761 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2014 10:24:00 AM More reviews by EboniBrandon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

Like all MAC products this tends to oxidize and go red. Therefore the only use I have for it is as a bronzer, to add a gradient effect to my contouring and on the outer perimeter of my face to add dimension. I have this in dark which was my first mistake because I allowed the MAC rep to convince me this was the right shade for me. I dont judge it based on the colour being off at all though.

These are my grievances:
1. It does look very natural when first applied, skin like, and in that sense it lives up to the claim but after a short while, as mentioned, it goes orange/red. I would find it impossible to even wear on its own for this reason.

2. It does nothing to control oil.

3. The compact has no mirror. Come on man! For that price tag a tiny mirror for touch ups cant possibly break the bank.

The good:
1. It seems to have a slight sheen to it. Not quite a shimmer so it gives a healthy glow to the face for those who are not fans of the matte look. This is one of the few things I absolutely admire about this. The effect is flattering on any age skin and makes one look incredibly awake and youthful.

2. The coverage on me is light to medium depending on application but it never looks powdery regardless how much is applied.

Over all I find it expensive and, as a confessed and unapologetic makeup junkie, I find that the L.A Colors Mineral Pressed Powder in Toffee is incredibly close to Dark with the edge that it can be worn alone with no oxidization. Toasted Almond is very close to MSFN in Medium Deep and it is a fraction of the price, $3 or $4 bucks compared to $33. Unfortunately the L.A. Colors also falls short on keeping shine at bay if worn alone without primer but the finish is equally natural and lovely.

So no, although I keep this product in my everyday makeup bag when I run out I shall not repurchase. I honestly only even use it just to try and finish it up to justify having spent the $33. I have loads of the LA Girl in both Toffee and Almond. Those work just as well and are very budget friendly.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2014 8:58:00 PM More reviews by jahola

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

PROS:
-Very natural finish
-Sets makeup well
-Doesn't break me out

CONS:
-Doesn't keep me matte

Overall: I like this powder. It lives up to its claims as a nice, natural setting powder. However it does not keep me matte throughout the day, not by a long shot. After I apply concealer to my problem areas, I lightly dust this over my face and it really makes my skin look radiant. The shade I use is dark. So after I get to school and get through two periods I go to the bathroom to make sure that I'm not a walking oil slick. I wouldn't say that I was super oily with this powder alone, but shiny enough that I had to blot. So the next day I tried using this with my Rimmel Stay Matte powder underneath (I do not like the Rimmel powder alone but I thought the combination might work) and I think it helped. But I still don't have the matte look that I want. So bottom line: good setting powder, but I will have to continue my search for a powder that will keep me matte all day.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2014 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Keekeekhatun

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty average powder- sets well, doesn't really cake, keeps that glow, doesn't break me out etc but I fail to understand why some people think it's amazing. It's nothing special tbh. I don't think I'll repurchase because other highstreet powders (bourjois) and higher end ones (hourglass) do the same or better job. And it's not one of those emergency products I keep either like the mc studio fix plus foundation powder that I keep on days my skin needs help

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 8:03:00 PM More reviews by MacMegan33

Love love love this powder. Love the finish, use it alone or with foundation. Always get a bunch of complements on my skin when I wear this. Coverage is great. The packaging is durable dropped one a lot of times finally broke when it fell off a high dresser on tile. I just love it and have bought about three so far and will continue! The finish is outta this world looks so natural!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2014 8:25:00 AM More reviews by pickles945

I am on my second compact of this MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium. I use this for my entire face, or simply under my eye and around my nose. It's considerable coverage means I can use this to even out my bare skin on those days I am rushed, or as a setting powder for foundation or concealer. The product has no smell, no creasing, no shimmer/sparkle of any description. I love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Makeupbyamandam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have gone through about 3 compacts of this stuff. I love the finish of this. I use the shade Medium. I like to set my foundation with something that looks natural and not too powdery. So when I found this I was in heaven. I apply it with a big fluffy brush on top of my foundation and concealer. I do have very oily skin and this combined with my foundation keeps my skin looking natural, fresh and flawless mostly all day. I usually touch up once midday. Since I don't like to look powdery, a little goes a long way for me. So I like that I can get a long time out of it before it needs replacing. I find that it doesn't look cakey throughout the day and it feels nice on my skin. Since my skin is pretty oily, it's also acne prone and I don't find that it causes any breakouts. What I don't like about it is really the packaging, though you do get quite a bit of product in there. There is no mirror or application device so if you throw it in your purse to touch up later, make sure you have a mirror and a brush to apply it. Which is a problem if you are going for an evening out and you carry a small purse. I have tried only one other product that I feel is similar in effect (CoverGirl makes a Mineralized powder that does come with a mirror and an applicator) and while it's not exactly the same thing, it does give the same effect. But alas, I find that I come right back to this because I find that it performs better than anything else I've tried. By comparison to the CoverGirl (which is the one that I have been keepin in my purse to touch up with given that my MAC has that craptastic compact), the MAC just seems to wear better longer than the CoverGirl. When run out of my MAC and I am using just my CoverGirl in a pinch, I have found that I need to touch up more often. So this is a staple in my makeup collection and this is something that I have and will continue to repurchase time and again. It's great stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 7:38:00 PM More reviews by tvall

I love this powder! I decided to purchase when studio fix powder wasn't working for me as it was too drying and matte.

I use it to set my make up and it provides good coverage with a velvety satin finish - not too matte which I love as I have dry skin. It also lasts throughout the day and DOESNT go chalky or cakey. If you feel it does then spritz a little Fix + over the top and you will be ready to face the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2013 5:14:00 PM More reviews by CMarie92

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've purchased this powder a few times and I can't figure out if I like it or not. I always go back to it but I think it makes me break out. Whenever I use it I get little bumps on my chin. It does give a nice natural look on clean skin or over a tinted moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by Jlovec27

I don't typically wear powders or foundation but my skin has been extremely oily in my t-zone lately so I was I'm the market to purchase a powder. I've heard great reviews on the MSF Natural so I opted to get one. It really does very nice on the skin and it gives your skin an overall flawless finish. You can barely tell there is anything on the skin. The wear is nice also considering I can work all day and the powder is still in place after a long day. I am definitely going to try the MSF natural in give me sun as an alternative to bronzer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 6:55:00 AM More reviews by EmmaPorter13

I LOVE this powder ! I got it last week in the shade light and it just works beautifully on my skin. I have a few dry patches and this doesn't settle into them or make it worse it sets my foundation really nicely. It's a bit on the pricey side but hopefully it will last a while because I will definitely be repurchasing it!