September 21, 2014 | 1785 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Medium

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 4:55:00 PM More reviews by Makeupbyamandam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have gone through about 3 compacts of this stuff. I love the finish of this. I use the shade Medium. I like to set my foundation with something that looks natural and not too powdery. So when I found this I was in heaven. I apply it with a big fluffy brush on top of my foundation and concealer. I do have very oily skin and this combined with my foundation keeps my skin looking natural, fresh and flawless mostly all day. I usually touch up once midday. Since I don't like to look powdery, a little goes a long way for me. So I like that I can get a long time out of it before it needs replacing. I find that it doesn't look cakey throughout the day and it feels nice on my skin. Since my skin is pretty oily, it's also acne prone and I don't find that it causes any breakouts. What I don't like about it is really the packaging, though you do get quite a bit of product in there. There is no mirror or application device so if you throw it in your purse to touch up later, make sure you have a mirror and a brush to apply it. Which is a problem if you are going for an evening out and you carry a small purse. I have tried only one other product that I feel is similar in effect (CoverGirl makes a Mineralized powder that does come with a mirror and an applicator) and while it's not exactly the same thing, it does give the same effect. But alas, I find that I come right back to this because I find that it performs better than anything else I've tried. By comparison to the CoverGirl (which is the one that I have been keepin in my purse to touch up with given that my MAC has that craptastic compact), the MAC just seems to wear better longer than the CoverGirl. When run out of my MAC and I am using just my CoverGirl in a pinch, I have found that I need to touch up more often. So this is a staple in my makeup collection and this is something that I have and will continue to repurchase time and again. It's great stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 7:38:00 PM More reviews by tvall

I love this powder! I decided to purchase when studio fix powder wasn't working for me as it was too drying and matte.

I use it to set my make up and it provides good coverage with a velvety satin finish - not too matte which I love as I have dry skin. It also lasts throughout the day and DOESNT go chalky or cakey. If you feel it does then spritz a little Fix + over the top and you will be ready to face the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2013 5:14:00 PM More reviews by CMarie92

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've purchased this powder a few times and I can't figure out if I like it or not. I always go back to it but I think it makes me break out. Whenever I use it I get little bumps on my chin. It does give a nice natural look on clean skin or over a tinted moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by Jlovec27

I don't typically wear powders or foundation but my skin has been extremely oily in my t-zone lately so I was I'm the market to purchase a powder. I've heard great reviews on the MSF Natural so I opted to get one. It really does very nice on the skin and it gives your skin an overall flawless finish. You can barely tell there is anything on the skin. The wear is nice also considering I can work all day and the powder is still in place after a long day. I am definitely going to try the MSF natural in give me sun as an alternative to bronzer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 6:55:00 AM More reviews by EmmaPorter13

I LOVE this powder ! I got it last week in the shade light and it just works beautifully on my skin. I have a few dry patches and this doesn't settle into them or make it worse it sets my foundation really nicely. It's a bit on the pricey side but hopefully it will last a while because I will definitely be repurchasing it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I'm on my second compact, this is my HG powder - love it for setting under eye concealer and I use it all over my face for light coverage instead of BB cream/foundation sometimes. I think it looks so beautiful on all types of skin. I wear the Medium and have NC25-30ish skin colour. When I use it alone, I apply this either with a buffing brush or wedge type sponge, it's very smooth and doesn't cake up or look dry/powder-y. I spent months looking for a natural-looking powder foundation, never realizing I had it already all along! This evens out skin tone and covers minor imperfections without a flat, fake overdone look and takes me less than a minute to apply all over.

I also used this on a friend's mother when doing her make up (she is 58) and has rather deep wrinkles and found this didn't get cake-y or settle into her lines. Honestly it looked amazing on her, and she loved it so much she asked to keep what was left of my compact! She did end up buying another compact and uses it daily in place of foundation for a healthy, glowy look. She was using BB creams before and found that they didn't look natural and had a tendency to collect in the deep & finer wrinkles.

If you haven't tried this yet, and are sick of ashy, dry looking powder - I can't recommend this highly enough. It's a bit pricey but can be used in a variety of ways - to set make-up, a light coverage powder foundation or for touch-ups - so I feel it is worth the cost. It also photographs well, and I wear it to work, for weddings, events - everything. It's perfect for any occasion.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2013 10:59:00 PM More reviews by Youhaveabigbut

Love this to set my concealer !! It gives you that finish look but what I don't like about is if that you have your kabuki brush and your grabbing powder the powder goes everywhere which waste the product ( does that happen to anyone else lol ) another than that I loveeeeeeeee . Definitely recommend for a natural look (:

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2013 4:52:00 PM More reviews by boyforever

great product. my skin looking natural with the right color. i use it as eye shadow as well. great

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 7:59:00 AM More reviews by cdove

The color medium matches my NW 20 skintone perfectly :). I do go through this stuff rather quickly though but I love it! It gives me such a beautiful glow

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 7:35:00 AM More reviews by Hausdefab

this powder ROCKS!!! its sets my foundation beautifully...gives me shine free and glowy...so skin finish!..I personally combine it with my mac prolongwear foundation and the results are awesome..my girlfriend told why u looks flawless...I am found my holy grail powder