September 1, 2014 | 1015 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Intensive Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2011 3:39:00 AM More reviews by XsqueegeeX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Using this foundation took some time and experimenting to figure out, but it was well worth it in the end!
I was ready to give up on it when I first started using it because it would become really chalky and bumpy around my nose area, it was really disappointing! I fixed it by mixing 50/50 (give or take) of the foundation and the finishing dust and using a concealer brush to really get a good amount on my nose area. And WOW, the finish was flawless!
Also, when my skin becomes oily (and I mean I get OILY) it doesn't shift under my nose as much, it still does a bit, but it's not really as noticeable as before.
I hope this works for others who have been experiencing this problem!
Try it out (:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2011 1:32:00 PM More reviews by xleahcarx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am so happy to find a foundation that matches my skin. I am a fair girl and this foundation matches so nicely. I used to use Bare Minerals but, I turned out to be allergic an ingredient in there regular foundation so I tried the matte foundation and I broke out constantly. I moved to Everyday Minerals from a recommendation and it is awesome. I don't have huge breakouts anymore and I don't have to mix two colors to get my skin color like I had to with bare minerals. The other cool thing is everytime you order from the site you get 5 free samples of the color foundations. I like this because in the summer I am darker so I can find colors to match or have backups when I run out and need to order. One sample container lasts like 7 days too. Also this foundation is only $12 campared to bare minerals you are saving a lot and you could buy two for the price of a bare minerals. This does have a little less product then the b.e containers but not by much. This may not be for everybody my sister love her Bare Minerals and broke out when trying to use Everyday Minerals but, shes been using bare minerals longer then anyone I know.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2010 7:43:00 AM More reviews by Axman

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Found a colour match directly even though I have very fair skin! It looks really natural on the skin, but I would have wished for a bit more coverage. It tends to flake a bit around the dry parts of my face. Even though these small problems it's the best foundation I've ever tried and it help my acne-prone skin to stay acne free which is great! Oh and the container last forever so it's well worth it's price!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/11/2010 10:25:00 AM More reviews by rdeford

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Everyday Minerals is my favorite brand. I'm fair complected so it's hard to find a foundation that matches my skin color. I didn't have any problem finding a match with Everyday Minerals. I have a lot of red in my skin and the foundation covers it pretty well on it's own but I also use the mint corrector which you apply first. The corrector covers the red completely so when you apply the foundation the red is completely invisible. The intensive formula is full coverage and it does really well. It doesn't feel "cakey" or "heavy". I have oily skin and I do not have a shiny face throughout the day when using this make up. I own many of their products including eye colors and cheek colors. My favorite combination for fair complexions is the dvr saturday blush with champagne "sparkle" over top of it.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/2/2010 6:28:00 AM More reviews by helainexo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Reasons why I don't like it:
- Looks powdery (On a scale of 1 - 5: 3)
- Pores look a lot more obvious (On a scale of 1 - 5: 3)
- Not that great of coverage (On a scale of 1 - 5: 3)

I usually use a mixing medium when I apply to get rid of some of the 'powdery' look. I had a hard time buffing it into my skin .. it kind of leaves patches .. I'm starting to wonder if my Physicians Formula and Maybelline Mineral Power was actually better than this ..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2010 3:12:00 PM More reviews by klaiyr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have been using EDM for the last few years and really like it. It is probably my most Go-To mineral makeup of all time. I really also like Laura Mercier's MMU coverage, but it just makes my face way too oily. I only use it on nights out, but not if I have to have it all day on my face.

I think the coverage of EDM is really really good for a MMU. I have melasma and it covers it quite nicely. The only thing you have to be careful of is applying too much, because it can look chalky and cakey. I use the EDM brushes with this and it works great. Always always always, spritz your face with water or MAC Fix + after applying this! It gives a very dewy more natural look and takes away any cakiness!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2010 2:45:00 PM More reviews by jkpetite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This has been my HG foundation since late 2007. I discovered it via a recommendation from my peeps @ Acne.org and I have been a huge fan ever since. The coverage is buildable and superb and my skin loves the formula. I have had zero breakouts from this product. I love the new containers with the sifters - it helps to keep the product in place with less mess. Apply this with a flat top foundation brush and VIOLA! perfection!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2010 2:08:00 PM More reviews by Dee652

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I switched to liquid make up for a bit and when I started using my EM again I realized how much superior it really was. I've run out of my intensive formula of linen that i use as a base to blend with other formulas and colors, and since using the matte/semi matte/glo formulas I have to say that this one is by far the best. It has better coverage than most of my concealers and i think it covers better than full coverage foundation because you can pick a shade that is not orangey and adjust it as you tone changes. I recommend buying the intensive in a lighter base color that's very neutral and mixing it with samples you may get of different tones and shades so you can adjust it as needed. Lasts a long time this way! The only con is that it is so messy.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2010 8:57:00 AM More reviews by Aryia

I absolutely LOVE this foundation, my HG! Feels great on my skin, it looks natural, easy to find a match for my skin tone, it's really cheap and it doesn't make my skin look oily during the day. I get good coverage from this foundation, and it's doesn't take a lot of product for me to get the look that I want :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2010 3:37:00 PM More reviews by lyonk014

My Holy Grail--a god send! This is the only brand of foundation that has been able to hide my acne! For bad acne days I layer this little by little using the Bare Essententials Full Flawless Face Brush. For a less powdery finish I swirl the brush in the foundation first and then lightly mist the brush with Fix+ by MAC.

No other liquid or mineral brand of foundation hid my acne. I became very depressed and didn't want to leave the house because nothing concealed it. I no longer have that issue!

P.S. I'm olive skinned like some Latinas, biracial, middle eastern, and Asian girls. The color I use is Olive Medium.
Extra tip: For red inflamed acne days I use the Mint concealer by Everday Minerals BEFORE I apply the foundation ;)