Bourjois Delice de Poudre Bronzing Powder

4.2

Ingredients: Talc, Nylon-12, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Lauroyl Lysine, Magnesium Myristate, Magnesium Stearate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Parfum (Fragrance), PEG-8, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Ascorbic Acid, Citric Acid, Benzyl Benzoate, Coumarin, Limonene, Linalool, may contain: CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Mica

This is an overall great brozer if you're pretty pale, want a light tan or you're simply on a budget and the smell is rather lovely! The only downfall i have with this is i feel it sits and separates on my foundation giving me patches of orange after a few hours...oh and that's another problem, i found it quite orangey. It's still the product i go for none the less (after bareminerals warmth) but its simply because its the only bronzer that doesnt make my skin look dirty but i'm stillll on the hunt for my HG bronzer and probably wouldn't go for this again.

on 6/7/2013 10:05:00 AM

I really enjoy using this bronzer. I use #51 and it is so perfect. I have also used #52 and can get a way with it; both do not have that orange effect at all. And I love that!

What makes this even better is the cute packaging and the great price. It is much more affordable than the higher-end ones. And it does a lovely job at giving just the right amount of contour & color to the face!

It has become my holy grail bronzer!

My HG. One of the only bronzer's that do not turn me orange when my skin is a lot fairer in winter. Looks amazing on top of Soleil Tan de Chanel.
In the box it looks glittery, but I find its fairly matte on the skin, just slightly 'glowy' in some lights.
Price is great considering how long it lasts. I use it near on everyday and I will get at least 5-6 months use, not bad for £7!
I apply with a Real Techniques blush brush and the product blends beautifully.
I have both the lighter and darker shade in my collection as my skin colour can go up and down quite a few shades with the season changes. I have mistakenly used the darker one when I was paler in winter and it still never looked orange.
The packaging is also very cute in the form of a chocolate bar, and the powder itself smells lovely (not too overbearing, and it practically unnoticeable once applied)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Boujois Délice de Poudre Bronzing Powder contains "glints of sunshine to give an immediate boost to your complexion and your morale! It's delicious perfume and ultra soft texture will make you melt with pleasure. It's subtly iridescent formula enriched with flecks of gold gives a radiant but non-shiny glow." Bourjois offers two shades of Délice de Poudre, I have the darker of the two. I haven;t had the best of luck with Bourjois products in the past, but this brand appeals to me so I much, so I've decided to continue to try their products. The Délice de Poudre (which translates to Powder Delight) contains 16.5g (.6 oz). I ordered this bronzer from Asos for a little less than $12. Bourjois Délice de Poudre seems to be a very popular bronzer. Bourjois claims to not test on animals. This product was made in Italy. Bourjois products are available at drugstores throughout most of the world, but not here in the States. If you crave Bourjois products and live in America, Asos is the easiest way to get your fix, but the selection is limited.
Bourjois Délice de Poudre Bronzing Powder comes in a brown cardboard compact with a magnetic closure. The front of the packaging features the Bourjois logo, product name, and images of chocolate. The back of the compact offers a full ingredient list. Opening up the compact reveals the product description, and the bronzer it's self. Bourjois' bronzer is designed to look like a chocolate bar, sectioned into four squares, two of which have the Bourjois logo pressed into them.
The texture of Bourjois' Délice de Poudre Bronzing Powdre feels like a high end product to me. Its a very firmly pressed powder that kicks up absolutely no excess powder. Despite being a solid powder, it isn't hard to pick up this bronzer up with a brush. The Délice de Poudre has sheer pigmentation, but its very buildable. I actually prefer bronzers with this type of pigmentation. When swatched, Bourjois' Délice de Poudre comes across as very patchy, but it doesn't apply that way. This bronzer applies and blends very well, it has a fine, non-powdery, skin like finish.
If this is the darker shade of Délice de Poudre, I'm really curious to see what the light one is like. This is a light to medium bronzer with a yellow/tan undertone. The shade is reminiscent of Benefit's Hoola without the grey undertone. The shimmer, or glints of sunshine as Bourjois likes to call them, are quite apparent in the pan but barely transfer onto the skin. They never look like actual bits of glitter, they just give a hint of radiance. I don't find Bourjois' bronzer to be ideal for contouring, its more of an all over type bronzer . The Délice de Poudre gives a very natural, out in the sun look that's really flattering, even on my very fair skin.
I really like Bourjois' Délice de Poudre Bronzing Powder. I wasn't loving it at first, but lately I reach for it over any of my other bronzers. The packaging is cute. The quality of his bronzer is good. The powder is sheer but pigmented and very easy to apply. I love the shade of this bronzer, it's great for pale skin. My only real issue with Bourjois' Délice de Poudre is the claim that it smells like chocolate. No, not at all, it just smells like any scented powder. Aside from that, I love just about everything about this bronzer. I definitely recommend this bronzer if you have a light complexion. Don't fear the little bits of shimmer in this bronzer, its surprisingly flattering! I probably wouldn't repurchase Délice de Poudre, because I prefer Benefit's Hoola, but I really do enjoy this product.

on 5/29/2013 1:51:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Oh my god. So I picked this up when I was in London last week because pretty much every British beauty guru I see on youtube uses this and I wanted to see what they were talking about. Holy crap. I'm an NC20 and this bronzer works perfectly for me as both a contour and a bronzer. It DOES have shimmer, but with a light hand it is barely noticeable. This works much better for me than my E.L.F. bronzer and my benefit one. My new HG bronzer... and it isn't sold in my country.... hope that changes soon or that this lasts a long time because who knows when I'll next be in England. Also the packaging is adorable.

on 5/6/2013 7:14:00 PM

It's fantastic! I hate bronzer's as they don't often fit my fair skin. However this is amazing! I love Bourjois products and it smells...G.R.E.A.T.

I would recommend for anyone who wants to add a subtle contouring to your face, can also add to make it darker which is great.

Plus it looks like chocolate!

on 5/2/2013 5:45:00 AM

I bought this in shade 52 about 18 months ago and it seems like a bottomless pan because I still have loads left! This is my HG bronzer. I used to use Thin Lizzy bronzer which has a soft shimmer through it but I wanted to get a matte bronzer so I got this and also Benefit Hoola. This one is the best all round bronzer/ contourer for my NW25 skin and it's cheaper than the one I was using before. I prefer my Hoola bronzer for night time or when I am extra tanned. I will of course repurchase this.

HG! Smells nice, looks good on nc25 skin.

on 4/28/2013 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I hated this product at first but... 2 years later. Here I am calling it my HG. I have this in both 51 and 52.

I like this product. At first I didn't get along with it but wow, after "figuring" it out. It's the bomb. For anyone struggling to use this product, SCRAP OFF THE BAKED LAYER!!! :) I bought 51 at first.. and thought it was too light... my brush wasn't picking up anothing?! So then I ordered 52 and same issue. AND THENNNN, I realised...

1. I scrapped off the hard layer with a ruler but anything straight will do.
2. Tip all the scrapings into the bin.
3. WIPE the bronzer with a clean tissue.
4. Voila, try swatching the product now? It should be soft, buttery and pigmented!

I bought this off ASOS.com for $11 with free international shipping. In Australia it retails for some ridiculous price or sometimes it isn't even stocked at the Bourjois stand.

You get 16.5g (THAT'S A LOT!!!!) and it is cased inside a cardboard packaging which is held together by a magnetic clip. Opening and closing the case it easy, you simply just open and close it like a book - the magnetic holds it together. Cheap packaging but highly efficient, not to mention travel friendly. I have had mine for 2 years and the case still looks perfect although I am not rough with my products (I use them and place them back inside a box).

Both colours are good for bronzing up my NC25 skin. I am also a 52 in the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundations. This product works best with a synthetic brush. I use the real techniques contour brush.

I like that this bronzer is subtle and does wonders for contouring my face. I have used this every day since I figured it out. I don't even touch MAC powders or Harmony blush anymore.

I would repurchase but I might give Benefit Hoola a try!

EDIT: 52 is better for NC25+
Coming into Winter, my skin is NC20 and the bronzer in 52 pulls too red and unnatural on my skin. Bronzer in 51 is good for all year round. Will not repurchase 52.

on 4/27/2013 4:24:00 PM

ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

I was confused in choosing brozer for my make up. I do my make up in a bit geisha style so the face is usually really white so the bronzer normally makes it look a bit not natural.

HOWEVER, this brozer from Bourjois is absolutely PERFECT! not only smell soooooo goooood with chocolate smell, but also the lovely outside and the magnificant texture. The colour comes out not really much and look natural on the face, the more layers you put the darker as you want. ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!!!!

not fade away quickly too :3