December 19, 2014 | 1703 users online

Bronzers - Bourjois - Delice de Poudre

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2013 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Plooosh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It's fantastic! I hate bronzer's as they don't often fit my fair skin. However this is amazing! I love Bourjois products and it smells...G.R.E.A.T.

I would recommend for anyone who wants to add a subtle contouring to your face, can also add to make it darker which is great.

Plus it looks like chocolate!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 5:45:00 AM More reviews by Kiwigrl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this in shade 52 about 18 months ago and it seems like a bottomless pan because I still have loads left! This is my HG bronzer. I used to use Thin Lizzy bronzer which has a soft shimmer through it but I wanted to get a matte bronzer so I got this and also Benefit Hoola. This one is the best all round bronzer/ contourer for my NW25 skin and it's cheaper than the one I was using before. I prefer my Hoola bronzer for night time or when I am extra tanned. I will of course repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2013 2:33:00 PM More reviews by rakelpetersen

HG! Smells nice, looks good on nc25 skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2013 1:32:00 AM More reviews by amtn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I hated this product at first but... 2 years later. Here I am calling it my HG. I have this in both 51 and 52.

I like this product. At first I didn't get along with it but wow, after "figuring" it out. It's the bomb. For anyone struggling to use this product, SCRAP OFF THE BAKED LAYER!!! :) I bought 51 at first.. and thought it was too light... my brush wasn't picking up anothing?! So then I ordered 52 and same issue. AND THENNNN, I realised...

1. I scrapped off the hard layer with a ruler but anything straight will do.
2. Tip all the scrapings into the bin.
3. WIPE the bronzer with a clean tissue.
4. Voila, try swatching the product now? It should be soft, buttery and pigmented!

I bought this off ASOS.com for $11 with free international shipping. In Australia it retails for some ridiculous price or sometimes it isn't even stocked at the Bourjois stand.

You get 16.5g (THAT'S A LOT!!!!) and it is cased inside a cardboard packaging which is held together by a magnetic clip. Opening and closing the case it easy, you simply just open and close it like a book - the magnetic holds it together. Cheap packaging but highly efficient, not to mention travel friendly. I have had mine for 2 years and the case still looks perfect although I am not rough with my products (I use them and place them back inside a box).

Both colours are good for bronzing up my NC25 skin. I am also a 52 in the Bourjois Healthy Mix foundations. This product works best with a synthetic brush. I use the real techniques contour brush.

I like that this bronzer is subtle and does wonders for contouring my face. I have used this every day since I figured it out. I don't even touch MAC powders or Harmony blush anymore.

I would repurchase but I might give Benefit Hoola a try!

EDIT: 52 is better for NC25+
Coming into Winter, my skin is NC20 and the bronzer in 52 pulls too red and unnatural on my skin. Bronzer in 51 is good for all year round. Will not repurchase 52.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 4:24:00 PM More reviews by tsukinamazu

ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!!!!!!

I was confused in choosing brozer for my make up. I do my make up in a bit geisha style so the face is usually really white so the bronzer normally makes it look a bit not natural.

HOWEVER, this brozer from Bourjois is absolutely PERFECT! not only smell soooooo goooood with chocolate smell, but also the lovely outside and the magnificant texture. The colour comes out not really much and look natural on the face, the more layers you put the darker as you want. ABSOLUTELY PERFECT!!!!

not fade away quickly too :3

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2013 11:19:00 AM More reviews by Mellymoomar

This is undoubtably one of my favourite bronzers of all time. Generally I will go between this and my Soap & Glory Solar Powder, both of which are perfect matte bronzers that I have finally found that don't make my pale skin look as though it is dirty! Anyway, I have this one in the '52' shade, I have no idea if it is supposed to be the paler or darker one because most of the packaging is in French. The packaging itself is seriously cute so it gets top marks for that, it is in the style of a chocolate bar that has been placed in a little book that has a magnetic close so it keeps it sealed and hygienic which is what I always like. It also smells heavenly, which is another plus point. The product itself is a very light matte golden brown and is perfect for contouring. It takes quite a lot of building in order to actually see the product on my skin, which is why I am assuming I have the lightest shade. However it is perfect for contouring and gives me a nice healthy glow at the same time, and also blends perfectly with whatever blusher I use. I think the only major thing that lets this product down, and why I have marked it lower than I probably normally would, is that it dries out really quickly, and I have found it hard to get any of the product onto my brush. I literally have to dig and scrape in order to get anywhere, which I feel is a major flaw for this product. I mean it seems a bit much to spend the money out and then within mere weeks of owning it, it is almost unusable. However, despite this annoying me, I do still regularly buy the product, simply because it is one of the best drugstore bronzers I have bought, I might even go as far as to say it is better than some of the high end bronzers I have used in the past. I would recommend and buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 10:23:00 PM More reviews by pandagrl90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This bronzer is so cute! It comes in sturdy cardboard packaging that is nice and thin, good for traveling and inside is a good amount of chocolate-scented powder. It is a natural bronze color that applies smoothly, and I get happy every time I apply it because it smells so darn delicious! I order mine from ASOS and have a back-up already.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Ancatje

I completely agree with the reviews below: the lightest shade is matte (although you can see some shimmer in the pan!) and great for pale skin, BUT the surface of the bronzer gets hardened so quickly, making it impossible to get any product on your brush, making this unusable.
This happened to me with their blushes as well, so I don't think it's a coincidence. Sometimes powders can get hardened if the oils from your face transfer to the powder and interract with the surface, but in my case, I clean my brushes regularly and powder my face before applying blush or bronzer, so this should not happen!
Of course you can scrape the surface off and reveal the softer product underneath, but not only it's a lot of hassle, but it gets hard again quickly after. What a disappointment for a product that is by no means cheap!
UPDATE Feb'13: Had to chuck this out. The surface would get harder again within literally minutes of scraping the surface off, so there was no way to use this product.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2012 4:11:00 AM More reviews by SaraCee07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I'm really on the fence with this one. Pro's for me are the colour - it's not orangey AT ALL, and the smell is amazing! I also quite like the packaging and it is reasonably cheap (I got mine for NZ$15). Con's are that it seems to be packed in so tightly that it is really difficult to get the product on my brush, I have to press SO HARD to get anything out at all and it has gone quite... creamy? Instead of being a powder now? Which can make my face have that horrible 'dirty' look instead of bronzed. It doesn't seem to stay on my face as long as I would like either. I bought this to use as an everyday bronzer as I was getting through my HG NARS Laguna and it is just SO expensive here (NZ$60+), but I have ended up using it just on my neck and chest area instead because it just doesn't compare. I won't repurchase, I'll just have to save for another Laguna :/

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2012 1:58:00 AM More reviews by lilmakeupgurl5

I really wanted to love this product because of the adorable packaging, the chocolate shape and scent and the tiny gold flecks running through the product (I own shade 52).
Despite all this, it sucks.
For $30 australian dollars, I expected this product to deliver, but mine is constantly sealing over and is as hard as a rock!
I have to use my cheap, scratchy brush with a heavy hand to get any colour payoff!
Really dissapointed, because this product is too hard to work with. Heck, my $3 elf bronzer is softer than this. :(