August 22, 2014 | 1785 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Renew and Firm Apricot Scrub

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2009 10:54:00 AM More reviews by pmburk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a great scrub! It contains a low level of AHA as well as mild exfoliating granules, and is very creamy. Doesn't dry my skin out too terribly and seems to do a pretty nice job. The scrubbing granules are more of a rounded bead and not harsh at all - exactly what you want in a facial scrub. There were also plenty of them in the cream, so I don't get why people are complaining that this isn't a scrub (unless St Ives has reformulated with the new packaging). The product smells decent, and for $3 you just cannot go wrong. My skin tends to be somewhat dry and sensitive, and I have no problems with this. I use it 3-4 times per week after my cleanser. Also this is much, MUCH less harsh than the original Apricot Scrub (which still blows my mind people use that - may as well rub your face with steel wool!) I will definitely repurchase this scrub.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2009 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Melanar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

I used to hate this product when I was younger. I bought this a couple years back because everyone raved about it. I followed the instructions on the tube and it made my skin dry and horrible. I hated it.

I have dry, sensitive, eczema-prone skin and just recently I tried it again -- used it like any other exfoliator. It worked amazingly. It made my skin feel so smooth and I didn't react badly to it at all. Supposedly the apricot pits cause microtears in the skin, but because I haven't reacted badly to this, and this formula isn't as harsh as the others I will continue to use it. I just wouldn't scrub too hard, just gentle circular motions.

For my regimen, I alternate between this and my St. Ives Olive Scrub. I do a scrub every 3-4 days to get rid of flakies :) It's been working fabulously! Definitely try it~

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2009 7:26:00 AM More reviews by toreshi

I've been using this for about a month now. My face looks clearer and the pores on my nose don't look as big. It doesn't give a 'glow' to my skin but does make it feel smoother, which is great for makeup application. Just don't expect this to remove your makeup, lol. Should follow with a moisturiser as it can be a little drying. I would definitely buy this again, it does a reasonably good job and at a bargain price.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2009 6:39:00 PM More reviews by booyaga

Really nice cleanser! This is acually one of those products that I think actually helped with my acne. Slightly drying but it's very nice!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2009 7:19:00 PM More reviews by hailung

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

not too crazy about the scent, smellz great on the bottle but when you put it on, it smellz mildly acidic... but it def' will give you really really smooth skin and your skin will look amazing, i think it's the Alpha-hydroxy acid, it's gentle so dun't worry. i use it daily, it's very creamy and it works great when mix with a little bit of water you don't hav to use a lot. it's super cheap and the packaging (new) is very cute. you can prolly use this 2x/daily with no problems. i remove makeup with either a facial cloth or cleanser then i use this after, really moisturizing, but kinda dry out my skin when the first time i used it, but your skin will adapt. i usually dun even hav to put on a moisturizer at night because this scrub does the job, the next morning, i wakeup really extra soft, smooth, clear, radiant-looking skiN. and your makeup will go on much better too. What are you waiting for? go out to wal-mart THREE DOLLARS, and GET THIS

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2009 1:33:00 PM More reviews by noname103

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this. I've been using St Ives Apricot scrubs for almost 10 years now and they are still the best in my opinion. I switched to the Renew and Firm because I felt that the original formula was a bit too harsh for me. This one is perfect -- just the right amount of scrub but not too harsh. It isn't overly drying either. I have normal/combination skin and I use this maybe once or twice a week in the summer, and less frequently in the winter. Always makes my pores look better :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2009 3:07:00 PM More reviews by Popcornshrimp

This is the second product from the Apricot scrub line I've tried and I love it. It's a bit less harsh (less sandy) than the blemish and blackhead control one and doesn't give you a case of the dreaded flakies. It doesn't make my face all red in the cheeks either like most of the other cleansers i've tried. Also, made my skin super soft and the best its looked in a long time. This is definately my favorite cleanser I've ever tried and for only 3 bucks!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/13/2009 6:00:00 AM More reviews by teago

This is pretty good!
I chose the renew & firm over the other 2 versions as it looked less granuley and because of the glycolic/AHA's.
I didnt want to choose the blemish fighter version as I knew it would shred my skin! Am I right in this theory though?
Price is reasonable, a little goes a long way and I dont see how packaging could be improved so all is good on that front!

Just hope it doesnt break me out though it has very few nasties in it.

ETA: I seemed to develop a rash on my cheeks and couldnt figure out what had caused it, this was the only new addition to my skincare so I stopped using it and the mysterious bumpy red dry rash has gone.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2009 12:15:00 AM More reviews by NikkiDZ07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this scrub! The graduals are not that small and the scrub itself is a little creamier than I expected. With that being said, it still removed my dry flaky skin, which I tend to get often because I use tons of benzoyl peroxide. It's not oil-free, but it didn't make my face oily at all. I use it in the morning and it really helps smooth my skin and makes my foundation look so much better. It didn't sting my face, but I also use a night cream with AHA so I'm more than used to it. It was also only $3 at walmart!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2009 11:47:00 AM More reviews by Beatlefan55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I normally use the Neutrogena scrub, but saw this at Target and decided to try it. I LOVE this product! I'm 57 and it's made my skin so smooth and it has actually helped my rosacea. I use it in the morning and just lightly scrub my face and neck. I was just starting to get a few lines on my neck and a tiny bit of crepy skin and this has helped it immensely. My face and neck look and feel much firmer. Can't beat the price either!