Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleaner

3.7

Active: Benzoyl Peroxide (10%) Inactive: Glycerin, Petrolatum, Mineral Oil, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Water, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Zinc Lactate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Menthol, Fragrance, Potassium Polyphosphate, Titanium Dioxide, Carbomer

on 6/17/2013 5:23:00 PM

This product used to work pretty good for me but for the past month it hasn't been working like it used to.

on 6/14/2013 11:53:00 AM

Feels okay but definitely doesn't remove any acne. Turns whiteheads into large red patches and looks even more noticeable. Used this with a moisturizer because otherwise it dries out your face and is very hard to move your face muscles. I'm assuming there is too much Benzoyl peroxide (2.5% > 5%). I will not be finishing the bottle and would not recommend this product. I will switch to something with salycylic acid. Cetaphil seems much more relavent to people with hormonal acne. Luckily I only wasted $12.

on 4/15/2013 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I forgot to read the label and full reviews as I was thinking with this much reviews and such a high score - i didn't think this product bleached fabric! This is a big no-no for me. As for its efficacity, it's not better than any other product that bleaches such as Pro-Active that dries up your skin. The tingly feeling feels great but doesn't overcome the bleaching effect - i need to keep my towels!!

on 4/4/2013 8:11:00 PM

I had really high hopes for this product after reading the reviews on here and also because of the Benzoyl Peroxide which I had never tried for my acne before. I have moderate to severe acne, including a few cysts now and then. This product is a thick creamy consistency and gives a nice tingling sensation when its rinsed off. Other than that, nothing good has come out of it for me. Its been about 2 and a half weeks of me using this either once or twice a day (morning & night). At first, I thought I noticed a slight reduction in my acne, but I guess I was imagining it because I currently have 4 cysts on my face. I don't know if they were directly caused by this face wash because I did switch around toners a couple of times, but if it didn't I can say with confidence that it had a neutral effect--no improvement or unimprovement whatsoever. I will update this review if that result changes but I highly doubt it will.

on 2/11/2013 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Benzoyl peroxide is what first attracted me. Sadly I should have read the full list of ingredients. Acne wash with mineral oil and petrolatum are a big no-no!
I started to break out more than usual shortly after I began using it but attributed it to the change in product. But after a few weeks I decided to investigate further. Then I found the petroleum as ingredients and that was the end of me using this cleanser on my acne-prone skin.
But I gave it a lippy because it was cheap and it did leave my skin feeling moisturised after it was cleaned and not tight like other cleansers do.

on 2/10/2013 8:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

If I could, I would give this 10 lippies. I absolutely love this cleanser. I have been using this cleanser on and off again for almost three years. Three years ago, I got painful bumps on my forehead and this got rid of them when other products and even medicine would not. Recently I've had one of the worst hormonal breakouts on my chin, ever. I've been struggling with chin acne but it's a bit ridiculous this month. This cleanser has done a good job at clearing everything. It's strong, but what do you expect, it has 10% benzoyl peroxide people! The point of BP is to exfoliate your skin- so expect a little bit of dryness or peeling and be sure to use a good moisturizer! The only big downside to this product is the menthol in it. I have to be careful not to get the cleanser near my eyes or they will sting. Other than that though, I'd say this is a miracle product. I always come back to it. While this product may work for me- it may not work for you. My roommate, who has Rosacea and sensitive skin, tried using this cleanser and she broke out horribly (so if you have this type of skin, steer clear). If this ever gets discontinued I will be so disappointed! Great work C&C!

on 1/26/2013 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I love this cleanser, after using clean and clear oil absorbing cleanser ( which made my face break out on numerous occasions) It cleared my face up! my acne wasn't very bad, but I haven't seen a pimple in months, and my face feels clean and smooth every time I use it.

on 1/24/2013 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is THE most AMAZING product I have ever used in my life!!! I've been using it for 5 years and I wish I had found it before! I cannot speak highly enough of it! It's deep cleansing, gives you a fresh feeling like nothing I have ever known, keeps the zits away and gets rid of evey last trace of dirt. I could go on and on forever! I will never stop using this product! Do yourself a favor and try it guys!

on 1/12/2013 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have very acne prone skin and I've tried everything. I read online that salicylic acid was better for my skin but it hasn't done much to control my acne so I switched back to this product and my skin cleared up like 90% overnight. I couldn't be happier. I keep switching off this product only because it does tend to dry my skin and I have sensitive skin on top of that. But I keep coming back because it's works miracles. I still have acne but very minor whiteheads here and there. Definitely give this product a try. It smells nice and minty and feels nice and tingly on my skin.

on 1/2/2013 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This has been a saviour for my skin. Although I don't breakout nearly as much as I used to, this has definitely made an impovement on my skin. I now only ever breakout at that time of the month (unfortunately for me, uncontrollable) but this gets rid of new breakouts after just two days! Cleans my skin super good. It is a cream cleanser so it doesn't actually lather but I use it with my Clarisonic Mia & it foams up like you wouldn't believe. Just gotta watch out for it getting in your eyes & stuff cause it stings like hell! The menthol makes my skin feel clean & fresh (combined with Clinique's Exfoliationg Scrub prior to this, it's the best combo in the hot Australian weather!) & my Clarisonic helps it get deep down into my pores. I only use this at night because I feel that using it twice a day would be too much & so that it can work its magic overnight as well. My current skincare routine has kept my skin looking good for longer than any other product I've ever used! The formula we have here in Australia is only 5% benzoyl peroxide unlike other countries where reviewers have said it's 10%. The 5% works well for me! I think any higher & my skin would no tolerate it at all.