July 30, 2014 | 1487 users online

Cleansers - Clean & Clear - Continuous Control Acne Cleaner

rated 3 of 5 on 8/25/2012 12:08:00 PM More reviews by FallenWish

I love, love, love this cleanser and I just about cried when my stores stopped carrying it. Yes, it can and will dry the almighty hell out of your forehead. That's why before I started using a moisturizer I would really only wash my face three or four times a week or so. The benzoyl peroxide is great for knocking out any types of acne on my forehead. I ONLY use this on my forehead, though. It's too strong for my chin/nose. But last year I started getting really instense and bad acne on my forehead. I don't know why, but I wasn't using my Clean and Clear for some reason. I think because my sister told me to not use it because it's bad for you. I really wish I hadn't listened to her, because as soon as I started using it again, my forehead was perfectly clear. Nowadays I wash pretty much whenever I feel like I should be washing my forehead, and now I follow up with Aveeno moisturizer. And I did get it my eyes before, but it didn't actually burn. It just felt like I got some ice in my eye, haha. No, this is a cream wash so it won't lather, but that doesn't mean it isn't working. I generally apply some warm water while massaging it into my forehead for 30 seconds or so. I will definitely keep using this product. :)

UPDATE: So I've recently been avoiding harsh chemicals and have been substituting for for natural ones (oatmeal, pumpkin facials, sugar exfoliators, etc.) I actually washed my forehead recently and this broke me out pretty badly. This makes me sad but it's probably better in the long run for my skin if I stay away from these products.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2012 5:40:00 PM More reviews by Josie012

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Pros:
Got rid of all my pimples
Non-drying

Cons:
Left my skin oily
Broke me out in blackheads/whiteheads
Didn't do a good job in cleaning my skin
It's not oil-free

I personally didn't like this product. It got rid of all of my pimples but at the same time caused another problem by breaking me out in whiteheads/blackheads. I also felt like my face wasn't really clean when I used this because my skin would feel a bit oily and when I used my toner there would still be a lot of oils/dirt on my skin. I wouldn't recommend this.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2012 6:21:00 PM More reviews by rosek514

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

BEST ACNE CLEANSER I HAVE EVER USED. I don't understand why this product is rated like a 3.4 or whatever it was, but this stuff is awesome(everyone's skin is different). It contains benzyl peroxide which is supposed to help a lot with acne, and it definitely helps. I have noticed since I started using this, I have almost no breakouts and my skin feels so much better. I love this stuff. It has been almost a year since I have been buying it because I don't want to go with anything else!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 12:47:00 PM More reviews by sizza911

I started getting some cystic acne as I entered my early 40's. I did some research on what made the ProActive line so successful and noted that their active ingredients contained benzoyl peroxide. The solutions containing salicylic acid or triclosan weren't working for me, so before I invested in the ProActive line, I thought I'd try this one out. It works like a charm. My face cleared up almost immediately. Now, with three teenagers in the house, we go through Clean & Clear like water! Good thing the price is right ($4.79 at my local Target) It is working for them too, but my daughter needs to alternate washings with the Clean and Clear containing triclosan or her skin gets too red.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2012 10:13:00 AM More reviews by white05mustang

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

It has become harder and harder to find things with benzoyl peroxide. Salicylic acid does nothing for my acne. I have always had very acne prone, oily yet sensitive skin. I have used this almost every day for several years (sometimes I switch it up if I want a different scent or find something else on sale) and it controls my acne yet isn't harsh on my sensitive skin. I love this stuff and will continue to repurchase as long as I can find it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2012 11:13:00 PM More reviews by sleon308

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've had acne-prone skin and very oily skin since I was 14 yrs old, I'm 23 now. As you can imagine I've tried dozens and dozens of different cleansers on my face over the years. So far this cleanser is the BEST I've found. My face is completely clear right now, and if I switch cleansers for a week the acne will start to come back, but if I go back on it it clears back up. I love this stuff, it has a creamy texture and it lathers very well. It smells pretty much like any acne cleanser, not bad but nothing great. The only thing is that it does not control my oily skin. I take spironolactone for that and I hardly get oily anymore. This cleanser is an essential part of my skin are routine. It cleans really well but sometimes I need to use a makeup removing wipe if I wear a lot of makeup one day. Highly recommended!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2012 5:03:00 PM More reviews by iamlizlemon

This is a non-foaming cream cleanser with 10% benzoyl peroxide & a lot of menthol.
--------------------------------------
THINGS TO NOTE:
(1) It is VERY heavy on the menthol to the point where it severely stings my eyes & even my skin if I leave it on for more than 20 seconds. I'm not even that sensitive to menthol!
(2) It is also very heavy on the benzoyl peroxide (10%). I used to use a 5% and a 10% wash from my dermatologist so I believe this is quite strong.
(3) High % of BP bleaches towels & clothing.
(4) Does not lather or foam.
--------------------------------------
CONCLUSION:
The cream aspect of this cleanser actually doesn't dry my skin out nearly as much as the ones from my doctor. It doesn't seem harsh on my skin (no adverse effects) even though the % of BP is very high. I find that the best way to use this product is to apply it on DRY skin since it doesn't foam & just slides around on a wet skin. This oddly doesn't stave off my acne as well as the Neutrogena Clear Pore 3.5% BP facewash. The higher % of BP does NOT make this product more effective so I'm going to stick with a lower percentage. Because of that & the crazy strong menthol, I would not recommend this product over the Neutrogena (which also has menthol but does not burn).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 3:42:00 PM More reviews by Rahkayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I never had issues with acne until this summer. I was on the pill before, but now that I'm in my early 20's, my body seemed to have changed; the pill made me nauseated every morning so I got off it and hoped that my acne wouldn't go crazy.

Nope! The breakouts aren't bad, but they're really annoying and I get oil on my forehead, nose, and chin. I was using regular acne face washes, so I decided to switch to this product.

So far, it's working really well, but I only use this once every other day before bedtime because that's what the bottle suggested for first time users/fair skinned people. You need to use it only when you need to, because less is definitely more. I've heard that it can irritate the skin on your face so bad that it feels "raw" and sunburnt; ouch!

If you don't have problems with acne (I'm talking about big breakouts, not a small pimple here and there), then I suggest that you do not use the product. It's very strong!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2012 2:56:00 AM More reviews by ellzabella

Over the last couple of weeks with the change in weather and final exams my skin was breaking out. Generally my skin is alright having the occasional breakout every now and then. My normal Dermalogica special cleansing gel wasnt cutting it. I was looking for something stronger or medicated and came across this, although i have only been using it for 1 week i saw the immediate changes after 1 use, it was amazing how the redness in my face went away and pimples disappeared almost over night. I use this one a day at night and use the dermalogica product during the morning. I think once a day s enough for me otherwise this product will be to strong. So far this method has worked well for me.
When using this product you need to be careful to avoid the eye area as it does sting. The smell may not be the best, but the clean feeling you have after is amazing, it has this cooling effect and it leaves the skin feeling clean. This cleanser isnt drying which is a bonus for me, as i found my normal cleanser a little drying and i had to buy a new moisturiser for night use.
This product is cheap and it does work, i have been very happy with this product and would continue to buy it. ^^ !

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2012 2:02:00 PM More reviews by dmeister3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this cleanser! It is my holy grail by FAR.
I have tried my fair share of face washes/cleansers from various brands and nothing even comes close to how this one performs. First of all, I can see and feel results almost instantly! It leaves my face so soft. I usually use this at night and I still have really soft skin the next day without using any moisturizer. It leaves your face feeling very clean and fresh. I have acne that pops up randomly and sometimes gets a little bad and this completely eliminates it.
I think it holds up to its claim that it keeps fighting breakouts long after you wash. It's very strong stuff, I think the strongest drugstore cleanser you can buy. Fantastic fantastic stuff! Well done Clean & Clear.