Clean & Clear Continuous Control Acne Cleaner

3.6

Active: Benzoyl Peroxide (10%) Inactive: Glycerin, Petrolatum, Mineral Oil, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Water, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Zinc Lactate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Menthol, Fragrance, Potassium Polyphosphate, Titanium Dioxide, Carbomer

on 2/10/2013 8:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

If I could, I would give this 10 lippies. I absolutely love this cleanser. I have been using this cleanser on and off again for almost three years. Three years ago, I got painful bumps on my forehead and this got rid of them when other products and even medicine would not. Recently I've had one of the worst hormonal breakouts on my chin, ever. I've been struggling with chin acne but it's a bit ridiculous this month. This cleanser has done a good job at clearing everything. It's strong, but what do you expect, it has 10% benzoyl peroxide people! The point of BP is to exfoliate your skin- so expect a little bit of dryness or peeling and be sure to use a good moisturizer! The only big downside to this product is the menthol in it. I have to be careful not to get the cleanser near my eyes or they will sting. Other than that though, I'd say this is a miracle product. I always come back to it. While this product may work for me- it may not work for you. My roommate, who has Rosacea and sensitive skin, tried using this cleanser and she broke out horribly (so if you have this type of skin, steer clear). If this ever gets discontinued I will be so disappointed! Great work C&C!

on 1/26/2013 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I love this cleanser, after using clean and clear oil absorbing cleanser ( which made my face break out on numerous occasions) It cleared my face up! my acne wasn't very bad, but I haven't seen a pimple in months, and my face feels clean and smooth every time I use it.

on 1/24/2013 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is THE most AMAZING product I have ever used in my life!!! I've been using it for 5 years and I wish I had found it before! I cannot speak highly enough of it! It's deep cleansing, gives you a fresh feeling like nothing I have ever known, keeps the zits away and gets rid of evey last trace of dirt. I could go on and on forever! I will never stop using this product! Do yourself a favor and try it guys!

on 1/12/2013 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have very acne prone skin and I've tried everything. I read online that salicylic acid was better for my skin but it hasn't done much to control my acne so I switched back to this product and my skin cleared up like 90% overnight. I couldn't be happier. I keep switching off this product only because it does tend to dry my skin and I have sensitive skin on top of that. But I keep coming back because it's works miracles. I still have acne but very minor whiteheads here and there. Definitely give this product a try. It smells nice and minty and feels nice and tingly on my skin.

on 1/2/2013 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This has been a saviour for my skin. Although I don't breakout nearly as much as I used to, this has definitely made an impovement on my skin. I now only ever breakout at that time of the month (unfortunately for me, uncontrollable) but this gets rid of new breakouts after just two days! Cleans my skin super good. It is a cream cleanser so it doesn't actually lather but I use it with my Clarisonic Mia & it foams up like you wouldn't believe. Just gotta watch out for it getting in your eyes & stuff cause it stings like hell! The menthol makes my skin feel clean & fresh (combined with Clinique's Exfoliationg Scrub prior to this, it's the best combo in the hot Australian weather!) & my Clarisonic helps it get deep down into my pores. I only use this at night because I feel that using it twice a day would be too much & so that it can work its magic overnight as well. My current skincare routine has kept my skin looking good for longer than any other product I've ever used! The formula we have here in Australia is only 5% benzoyl peroxide unlike other countries where reviewers have said it's 10%. The 5% works well for me! I think any higher & my skin would no tolerate it at all.

on 11/1/2012 12:25:00 PM

I am 27 years old and have had acned since I was 15. I have literally tried every product that is available - Murad, Proactiv, Noxema, Neutrogena and even SkinID. Nothing has ever worked for me and those that helped a little bit dried out my skin terribly.

I bought this product after seeing all the great reviews on this site - and I'm so glad I did! My skin is finally starting to clear up, and I'm using less foundation to cover up my skin. Thankfully my skin tolerates benzoyl peroxide pretty well, but I can see this product drying out your skin pretty bad since it's a 10% strength cleanser.

I literally have 5 bottles stashed away in case they ever discontinue this!

on 8/30/2012 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I LOVE this stuff! This is the only product I have ever used that can actually control my acne! I've tried EVERYTHING. Proactive, clearasil, neutrogena, Acne free, Skin ID, you name it, I've tried it. This stuff is the BEST! I've been using this since I was 14 and am now 17. It does dry your skin out a bit, but since there's a high concentration of benzoyl peroxide in it, that kind of comes with the territory. Nothing a good moisturizer can't fix! I cannot go without this! HG cleanser!

on 8/28/2012 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I don't use this anymore. I used it when I was ten or eleven and started to get a few minor blemishes. I remember the tingeling feeling burning at first, but then it became bearable. Looking back, it may have been a reaction to using benzyl peroxcide on my sensitive skin. Anyway, I remember feeling really clean and refreashed after using this, and I don't remember any issues with belmishes after using this. I'm not sure why I stopped using this, I think my mom bought me something else, but I do remember really liking this. Would I repurchase? Not sure. I think that if you're just starting to get breakouts, this would be a life saver. It's cheap and effective.

on 8/25/2012 12:08:00 PM

I love, love, love this cleanser and I just about cried when my stores stopped carrying it. Yes, it can and will dry the almighty hell out of your forehead. That's why before I started using a moisturizer I would really only wash my face three or four times a week or so. The benzoyl peroxide is great for knocking out any types of acne on my forehead. I ONLY use this on my forehead, though. It's too strong for my chin/nose. But last year I started getting really instense and bad acne on my forehead. I don't know why, but I wasn't using my Clean and Clear for some reason. I think because my sister told me to not use it because it's bad for you. I really wish I hadn't listened to her, because as soon as I started using it again, my forehead was perfectly clear. Nowadays I wash pretty much whenever I feel like I should be washing my forehead, and now I follow up with Aveeno moisturizer. And I did get it my eyes before, but it didn't actually burn. It just felt like I got some ice in my eye, haha. No, this is a cream wash so it won't lather, but that doesn't mean it isn't working. I generally apply some warm water while massaging it into my forehead for 30 seconds or so. I will definitely keep using this product. :)

UPDATE: So I've recently been avoiding harsh chemicals and have been substituting for for natural ones (oatmeal, pumpkin facials, sugar exfoliators, etc.) I actually washed my forehead recently and this broke me out pretty badly. This makes me sad but it's probably better in the long run for my skin if I stay away from these products.

on 8/22/2012 5:40:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Pros:
Got rid of all my pimples
Non-drying

Cons:
Left my skin oily
Broke me out in blackheads/whiteheads
Didn't do a good job in cleaning my skin
It's not oil-free

I personally didn't like this product. It got rid of all of my pimples but at the same time caused another problem by breaking me out in whiteheads/blackheads. I also felt like my face wasn't really clean when I used this because my skin would feel a bit oily and when I used my toner there would still be a lot of oils/dirt on my skin. I wouldn't recommend this.