Pantene ICE SHINE

2.8

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Citric Acid, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Xylenesulfonate, Fragrance, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Benzoate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, PEG 60 Almond Glycerides, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Linoleamidopropyl PG Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm a product junkie so I never ever stick to one product. It seems like with every wash, I'm jumping from one haircare product to another. With that said, I went to the store earlier today and bought the ice shine shampoo and conditioner from the pantene collection at wal-mart. I missed that classic scent of pantene and I began to read rave reviews on another beauty site about this product, so I gave it a go.

I have to say, this works GREAT! I have very thick, coarse and very long (elbow length), wavy hair and this worked pure magic on my locks. It was cleansing but not to the point that it made my hair feel like straw. It has a superb balance between cleansing and moisturizing all at once; something I definitely need for dry hair combined with regular use of styling products (hair spray, gel, etc).

I chose to buy this pantene shampoo because it does not have the ammonium sulfates. Those particular sulfates practically murder my already dry hair. It also does not have dimethicone, which my hair agrees with, but it causes build-up and a funky feeling on the back of my head- ew! That's probably the wax everyone refers to when it comes to pantene.

Aside from those facts, I'm going to attempt to stick with this product for a while. My hair is very nice and bouncy after having used this shampoo and it's oh-so shiny!! The scent hasn't drifted from my hair since I've washed it, either (that's just as important as everything else). I'll edit on this if anything changes (:

This made my scalp itch! Itch! Itch! Itch! Maybe some shine, more like grease. How can this have made my hair greasy and dry at the same time? bad stuff.

I absolutely hate this product. I have thick black asian hair and it made my hair really waxy feeling. Now granted it did what it said by giving me the shiniest hair I have ever seen my hair have but made it rough and waxy. Did not like, well maybe as a weekly shampoo and conditioner for extra shine. Probably wont buy again. Im nothating though because I love pantene products.

Wow, really bad shampoo.
This claims to make your hair incredibly shiny, and on my hair, it looked well, dirty.

It made my hair a lot oilier than usual, and made my hair look really brassy. (I have light brown hair with a reddish tinge and some natural blonde highlights.)

I won't be repurchasing this shampoo and conditioner.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This product did not give my hair any shine at all and left it feeling dry. I will not be buying this product again.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have used this constantly over the past year and a half.. and I love it! I haven't went to a different shampoo yet. Used with the conditioner, it does amazing for my hair! Makes it really soft and adds a nice shine. Will continue to repurchase! : )

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Wow this makes my hair so shiney I get a lot of compliments when I use this :)

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I am Asian with that thick, black coarse hair that Asians are famous for. I had to switch to this product because I couldn't find their Midnight Expressions anywhere. I have never had a problem with Pantene. I know that it's best to wash hair every few days, but I have to wash my hair every day or my hair gets limpy and weighed down. I have tried other shampoos like Garnier, Herbal Essences and they all seem to have made my hair heavier and more oily than before I was my hair.

I always come back to Pantene because it cleans my hair well and doesn't leave my hair limp like the other brands. And, after using Ice Shine I have been having more compliments about how pretty and shiny my hair is, that is even after having to color it every 2 months.

I really wish I could go back and return this to Target. I am obsessed with the John Fredia Brilliant Brunette but decided to give this a go just for the heck of trying something new. WOW. BAD IDEA. It smells great and lathers up like crazy but when I rinsed my hair felt like the moisture was sucked out of it, it felt so stripped. The conditioner barely detangled or conditioned the mess that the shampoo left. Im better off using dish washing detergent to wash my hair!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

This stuff is absolutely ridiculous. Honestly, I've never had a bigger problem with build up than I did with this stuff. Someone posted on here claiming that if you just used a clarifying shampoo that it will solve the problem. I had to clarify my hair once or twice a week when I used this stuff, which is really bad for your hair. Clarifying strips your hair, and doing it too often can damage it more. There is no reason anyone should have to put up with the ridiculous amount of work involved in using this shampoo. It really isn't worth it. I got halfway through the bottle before I switched to a higher quality shampoo and SUPRISE! I no longer have a problem with build up. Don't buy this shampoo unless you want to have to buy other products that will get it out of your hair.

Top Rated Pantene Products