Clairol Herbal Essences - Color Me Happy

3.6

Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Citric Acid, Passiflora Incarnata Flower Extract, Rosa Centifolia Flower Extract, Zea Mays (Corn) Silk Extract, Fragrance, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Xylenesulfonate, Cocamide MEA, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Benzoate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Linoleamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Red 33, Red 4, Yellow 10. (2011 formulation)

on 9/27/2011 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I get my light brown hair colored every six weeks to a rich brunette. I've used a few different color shampoos, including Redken for awhile, but nothing works like this stuff. And it's cheap to boot. My hairdresser says I have the shiniest hair she's seen in awhile, my color lasts, it smells incredible (I've been told that my hair smells so good by a couple different guys) and it makes my hair nice and soft. I'll be buying this one for awhile!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I LOVE this shampoo so much. I color my hair to a dark natural brown and I noticed that when i use this shampoo, it actually makes my hair look brighter and healthier. It lathers really well and makes my hair smell awesome. I always get asked what I use in my hair and it's only after I use this shampoo. I will always repurchase this.

on 8/30/2011 4:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

i liked the old packaging better the more earthy rose one :) but it still smells the same, i switch between this and abba and pureology leaves my hair shiny full of volume i have to alternate tho with a moisturizing shampoo because if you use this more than 2 or 3 times in a row its going to dry ur hair out so alternate :)

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is my go-to shampoo. After having an awful experience with Pantene, I switched back to using this product. It immediately brought my hair back to life and made it soft and shiny again. Would definitely recommend this product for bleached hair.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this because I heard good things about it, it was accessible and I didn't want to research too much for a good color shampoo. I guess I got what I deserved, because this shampoo isn't all that. (Just for the record: I only have a small 2" thick strip of blue bleached/died in my long brown hair.) While washing my hair, I can sometimes see blue dye show up as I lather, and I usually always see blue on the shower floor as I rinse it out.
I was also looking for a conditioner that would add shine to my hair. Technically, Color Me Happy's does that, but not to the level I want.
The only good thing is if I leave the products in my hair for a long time, and wear my hair a certain way, then it smells really good.

on 2/22/2011 7:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Love this product along with the conditioner. I switched from Pantene and even my hairdresser says my hair has never looked or felt better. I will never switch from these products. I have long blond hair and constantly get wonderful compliments since I switched to Herbal Essences shampoo and conditioner

on 1/11/2011 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I read great reviews about this product in many magazines. However, It made my hair texture like straw. I don't think it is very gentle because the fragrance is a bit overwhelming. It's like using Johnson's Baby shampoo on your hair. Claims to be gentle but not really. I use it for shaving gel. Possibly a clarifying shampoo? I can see this zapping the color and moisture right out of my hair really quickly.

on 11/28/2010 4:01:00 AM

I bought the shampoo and conditioner purely because it smelled awesome and the packaging was really pretty. It works good as a shampoo-conditioner, but it doesnt really help keep your hair color at all, but your hair will smell very nice. So overall, id buy this again, but only because i like the smell.

on 11/15/2010 2:25:00 PM

I have baby fine, thin hair that I occasionally color. This shampoo smells GREAT and lathers nicely. I bought the matching shampoo and conditioner a while back and I take it out occasionally and add it to my rotation hoping that I will see better results. However, this shampoo makes my fine hair very limp and makes my scalp itchy. I so badly want to love this shampoo..but unfortunately it's just not a good match for my hair.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

herbal essences is the only brand of shampoo that has ever been able to make my hair shiny, especially since i got it foiled blonde! i spent $20 (each) of fekkai color shampoo and conditioner and even that didn't make my hair as shiny as herbal essences.

Popular Shampoos