September 21, 2014 | 2035 users online

Dry Shampoo - Rene Furterer - Naturia Dry Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2008 3:38:00 PM More reviews by ElectroStatus

A good basic dry shampoo. Soaks up oil and adds volume. Not cheap, and it smells really weird but the smell doesnt tend to last. Aerosol spray format. I use this for when I want extra height/volume in my hair, a bedhead look, or to cut time on greasy 2nd (or 3rd) day hair, or while camping.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2008 5:09:00 PM More reviews by jilliandanica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I received this item in a swap. I didn't mind the smell too much and overall I didn't really like the product. It sprays on white/beige and then you have to let it sit then wipe it off with a towel. It did absorb the oils in my hair but it made my hair SUPER dry yet it didn't hold up throughout the day. It actually left some buildup which I was not very fond of. I will definitely not be repurchasing. I prefer the Ojon Rub Out Dry Cleanser. The smell is better and it sucks up oilies yet leaves my hair soft.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/29/2008 1:38:00 PM More reviews by pink_jasmine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a very nice dry shampoo, it works very well to absorb excess oil and add volume back into my hair after a day or two of not washing it. It's easy to use and because it's tinted, it's great for darker hair. However, pale blondes should avoid this. It's way too dark for light blonde hair! It has a strong herbal scent that lingers in your hair. It's not an unpleasant scent, but it's just not what I want my hair to smell like. I love the smell of herbs, just not in my hair. The herbal essential oils that give it the strong scent also have a scalp-stimulating effect and will cause your scalp to tingle. If you have a senstitive scalp, this might not be a good choice for you. I personally prefer Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo which work just as well, not only because I have pale blonde hair, but because it has a much milder scent and is great for sensitive scalps.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2008 7:23:00 AM More reviews by escebola

This dry shampoo is like many others I've tried. It's an aerosol can which you spray directly to your hair and, after a couple of minutes, has to be brushed off. As with other dry shampoos, be careful not to hold it too close to your hair or to over apply: I find it's best if you apply a small amount, brush off and then repeat application, if needed; otherwise I'll end up with grey/powdery looking hair or will have to brush off the product in an almost violent manner, lol!

It's great for oily hair that won't tolerate daily washes, or to refresh your hair before going out at night. It def. doesn't give you a shiny, just-washed hair appearance, you'll end up with a matte finish, but I prefer this to oily hair!

This product's effect will only last one day, which also happens (at least in my case) with other dry shampoos.

I gave it 3 lippies (although I've said I would repurchase) in comparison to other products that I use and prefer (i.e., Klorane's Dry Shampoo, which gives me more texture and has no fragrance). Also, because I hate its fragrance, which actually clings on your hair for a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2008 12:55:00 AM More reviews by MelissaAnnDurham

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I was at sephora (because yes, I addicted to the store) when I was telling on of the salespeople I like to shower at night because it helps me relax...but my fine, color treated hair gets really gross and oily if I don't wash it every morning. Sadly for me, I hate waking up early and doing this. The salesperson introduced me to this product and I'm now hooked.

I shower at night, and don't use condtioner--my body produces more than enough. When I wake up in the morning, I spray a bit of this product on the roots of my hair to soak up any of the oil that has appeared overnight.

My hair then ends up with that "just washed" look and feel. Morever, whenever I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror as I'm at work, I don't cringe with disgust at how oily my hair looks. Yay :)

As a note, this product is a bit expensive compared to what I usually spend on hair products....but, it's worth it. Also, a little goes a looong way. Less is more.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2008 7:55:00 PM More reviews by kissmekate48

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My go-to product for second day hair. Expensive, but good. And there's no way talc or cornstarch is a viable alternative if you have fine, thin hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2007 4:50:00 PM More reviews by MollyRay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this product to cut greasiness for the short term. I bought this and the oscar Blandi dry shampoo at the same time. This one is effective for less than a day while the oscar Blandi lasts at least 2 days. Also, thie Rene Furterer is very expensive. It was $21 at sephora and I got less than 5 uses out of it. It would have to be around $8.00 to be worth using.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2007 2:56:00 PM More reviews by chajy

This cleans my hair w/o the need to shampoo it everyday which causes breakage to my fine hair. Although, the smell isn't soo great i can bear with it, the ashy effect after spray is annoying but you need to wipe it off with dry towel and brush it off, you need to reapply this more than once if you have oily hair. oh the price isn't so nice either.
+ gives your hair a lift, controls oiliness for few hours

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2007 1:43:00 AM More reviews by storybookheroine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I did not like this product. A spray powder dry shampoo sounded great but I found it usually oversprayed and left my head looking gray and powdery (I'm light brown/dirty blonde) even if I was very careful and applied sparingly. The herbal smell should have been a plus but the oder was very old fashioned smelling and great stronger over the next few hours. Tried this using different methods but nothing made it worth the price and the smell always got me. Also the bottle is only good for 10 or so uses making it too expensive for a product that performs so poorly. Instead try OB pronto (powder) or FF Wash and Wear Summer hair (liquid but LE for summer so you need to stock up) instead. The Rene went back to Sephora.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/23/2007 3:02:00 PM More reviews by BansiK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really wanted to like this product because my greasy hair really needs something like this and it also got great reviews here. But I feel like it just made my hair greasier. I think it might have been the way its sprayed into the hair. Thinking about try Oscar Blandi now.