March 1, 2015 | 2114 users online

Dry Shampoo - Oscar Blandi - Pronto Dry Shampoo

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2012 8:43:00 AM More reviews by GetLowxX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Not a fan of this stuff, sorry! I have used quite a few dry shampoos and feel like I have the application process down pretty well but I didn't like the way this literally "sat" on top of my roots. It never actually seemed to work itself in my hair as other dry shampoos have, even with me massaging it into my hair and letting it sit for a while before brushing it out. I shook the can up and the first spray out of the can was an oily, white powder that smelled exactly like Lemon Pledge. Using this on my second day hair, my hair felt cleaner before than with this stuff. There are cheaper drugstore brands out there that blow this stuff away. Not a repurchase for me!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2012 3:21:00 PM More reviews by sh0rtastic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Application of this product was time consuming and messy!!! No white residue as long as you work it in very very very well.... Smell was pleasant - no chemicals involved with this product... that's a plus. It isn't my favorite though.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2012 7:19:00 PM More reviews by staceyxs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This 1oz bottle has taken HG status for me. I take it everywhere with me. I usually don't wash my hair everyday, so after 1.5 days of not washing my hair gets a little oily underneath, I just tap and sprinkle some of this stuff and it soaks it right up. I kind of do a fast rubbing motion with my hands, rubbing it into my scalp and its gone right away, no white residue, no more greasy hair and it leaves a lovely scent. I've had the 1oz bottle for at least 6 months and it's still not gone. Totally recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2012 4:34:00 PM More reviews by ironwoman01

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow, I'm surprised this product received some bad reviews. I absolutely love it. Yes, the packaging could be better, but I just shake some of the powder into my hand, then rub it onto my scalp and hair. Do NOT use the tip of the bottle to apply the powder to your hair because you will end up with a white blob of powder that will not blend.

I have dark brown hair that gets greasy if I don't wash it everyday. When I'm feeling lazy and don't want to wash/dry/style my hair, I use this product and it instantly refreshes my flat, greasy hair. I have never had a problem with the white color remaining in my hair. I make sure to blend it very well. I have the 2.5 ounce bottle and it has lasted 6 months and I've barely used up even 1/4 of it. This is a fantastic product and for the price it is definitely worth it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2012 6:22:00 AM More reviews by hags101

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is horrible! The only thing it has going for itself is that is has a nice application tip on the bottle. So, I have tried cornstarch on my hair when first starting out with dry shampoos and the results were almost the same! With this product it goes on really chalky (not as chalky as cornstarch though). My biggest complaint is how it works though. My hair is fine the next morning after washing it - but by that afternoon it gets really oily at the roots. Well to my horror, I used this before venturing off to campus - by that afternoon my hair was just as oily as without this stuff with the addition of being stringy at the roots from this product. Plus it did nothing to freshen the scent of dirty hair - which I hate more than anything! I also tried it on slightly oily hair with the same stringy greasy results. I will stick to my Bastite dry shampoo. I get around 8-10 uses out of a $10 bottle (not ideal - but way way better than using this crud) - but it works wonderfully! I have dishwater blond hair that goes darker in the winter and the Batiste does not leave chalky marks on the roots. The best part of Baste is that it gets rid of the dirty hair smell - all day! It also works wonderful - whether I use it directly on already oily roots or as a prevention the night before I plan on not washing my hair. Dry shampoos really save morning time especially for long hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2012 2:01:00 PM More reviews by orderlyfashion

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

UPDATE 10/2013: Upping my review because I still use this at least 2-3X a week - having tried several spray dry shampoos (some of which I still use on my overall roots), this is still hands down the best option for bangs and other areas needing precise application. I bought the travel size bottle (1oz) over two years ago and in holding the bottle up to the light, noticed it's still nearly half full. That's a steal of a deal! This has entered the fold of my HG products.

Original review:

I have bangs. And oily skin. And fine hair. This means that even when my hair is otherwise clean I'm prone to getting stringy bangs as my hair soaks up oil from my forehead - so when needed I use a pinch of this to clean up the greasy spots. I "poof" just the tiniest amount into my palm and then work it through my bangs with my fingertips, taking care to rub it in thoroughly. Then I give them a quick comb though. I have dark brown hair and this disappears with no powdery residue - you just have to be sure to rub it in well and brush out. Only takes a minute or two and leaves me looking clean and it seems to last through the day.

This is light years beyond the Oscar Blandi spray on dry shampoo, which dispenses too much chemical propellant and not nearly enough power to be effective and stinks to high heaven. This does work better than baby powder, but seeing that the primary ingredient is rice starch I'm going to see if I can buy some of that at my local health food co-op when this runs out. Which should be a while... even with frequent use a little bottle goes a long way!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2012 6:34:00 PM More reviews by HoneyBlunts33

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this when I spend the night at my boy's house. There isn't room in my bag for a huge thing of shampoo/conditioner, so I just pop it in my makeup bag. Very convieniently sized, and it works wonders. Not quite sure about the tiny little applicator tip. I usually just twist the top off and shake some into my hand, then rub it together a bit to distribute. Just a dime sized pile of the sh*t and my hair is no longer greasy, and a bit more voluminous. It also smells great, to me just like Fruit Loops with a hint of lemon.
Also, if you smoke cigarettes (or anything else), this is great to prevent your hair from smelling like an ashtray.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2012 2:08:00 AM More reviews by taradiddle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

My hair gets fairly oily about 1.5 days after shampooing and this is a great product for getting through that second day when my hair begins to feel less than clean.The lemony scent helps perk me up while the product itself perks up my hair. The scent does fade after a while. It helps create volume, and it's also great for travel!

To use it, I pour some into a glass or the palm of my hand and then dip a cheap powder brush (like the E.L.F. Studio flat top powder brush) in and tap off the excess, then brush along both side of my part in the direction of my hair, around my hairline, and wherever else I need it. Brushing it on instead of squirting it directly onto my scalp really helps the white powder blend into my hair and cuts down on frizz because I don't have to use a hairbrush to brush it in like crazy. I find that's it's also faster to use this way.

I've been using the Pronto Dry Shampoo since 2008 and with weekly use have only recently had to repurchase a 1 oz travel size. It's more than serviceable, but I'm curious to try other dry shampoos. No matter what else I find, though, I'll probably always keep a bottle in my purse.

Edit: Another thing to note is that you can unscrew the top of the bottles to check how much product you have left, or to refill the travel size!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2012 11:38:00 PM More reviews by sarahm20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for over a year and it works well enough to absorb oil in my hair and volumize, but sometimes the powder shows. Unfortunately I haven't found a clear dry shampoo I like yet so I'm stuck with this one. I also find it only lasts for 4-6 hours then the oil is back and I reapply or wash my hair. Maybe that's normal but I wish it lasted longer. Overall I have and will repurchase until I find something better. The price of the travel size at Ulta is worth it if you want to test it out.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/25/2012 12:23:00 AM More reviews by yesjessica

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Doesn't blend well into my roots even if I use the smallest amount and then brush and blow dry my hair. It is bright white and no better than using baby powder, but many times the cost. Also smells bad.