October 21, 2014 | 1960 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - Dr Feelgood

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by gracegood14

I loved this product! I have really greasy skin meaning i have always avoided wearing make-up because it all just slips off and looks ridiculous. I read many reviews of this and people generally hated it as a product but I decided to buy it and im so glad i did. The product really keeps the grease at bay once you get the application technique right. I don't rub it into my skin but pat it on, this makes it last longer and sit better on the skin. The sponge that comes with it is really soft and good for application and i recommend washing it every week to keep it clean. The only downside to this product is the tin which can be hard to open. Other than that, this product is perfect for me!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by gillybean604

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to use Smashbox Anti-Shine but that product was discontinued. The makeup artist recommended Benefit Dr. Feelgood to me as a similar alternative to control shine. I find the price pretty steep (almost $40 Canadian) but you do get a lot of product. It'd be nice if the packaging had another layer to place your sponge. I keep the protective paper layer in there so the sponge isn't sitting on the product. I like the lemon-y smell and I don't find it bothersome. I use the sponge and with a couple swipes of the product, pat it onto my T-zone as a base (if I wear foundation, I put the foundation ontop). It's subtle enough to look like I have nothing on, but I consider it a good shine control product. Normally, I look like I have pools of oil sitting in my pores but this does a great job at controlling that. It also doesn't make my skin breakout. Will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2013 1:55:00 PM More reviews by basketball1

Despite other reviews I really like this product. I have super oily skin and by the end of the day my skin is pretty shiny which causes my foundation to not sit well. I find when I put this under my foundation there is less oil by the end of the day, and my foundation stays in place.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2013 8:44:00 AM More reviews by Jayjay8883

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Pros - covers pores, doesnt break me out
Cons - doesnt control oiliness for me
I use it with the sponge provided under my powder foundation, will try putting it over as recommended here

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2013 3:17:00 PM More reviews by AJ6488

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Absolutely useless... I don't understand the concept of this product, except the classic packaging, there is nothing good about it. It's hard to apply, either before makeup or after makeup; it does nothing but creating a cakey face, either applied with makeup or without makeup; it gets so dirty after a few uses, doesn't matter how often I wash the sponge, or use clean figure to apply. I hate this product so much that after a long time of struggling, I finally throw it out like my friend did. There're tons of products in the market that can do a much better job than what this one claims to do, and with a cheaper price, easier application, more hygienic concept and free from harsh chemicals.

I will not be surprised if they discontinue this product like many other completely useless products from benefit I've used (Georgia blush, D'Finer D'Liner...) Please stop attracting people with the cute packagings and wasting people's money on these ridiculous products!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by Mookier

I was hesitant to try Dr. Feelgood after reading a lot of bad reviews. However, I must say that I am pleasantly surprised! It took me a while to figure out how to use this correctly. I use it over my makeup..just in the T zone area. I dont like the little applicator pad that comes with it. I use my fingers to dab it on my nose and chin and then use a kabuki brush to buff it into my skin. It leaves me oil free and flawless for the whole day. I love the smell too. It is expensive but one pot will last you a LONG time

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by thrrrrob

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One word: FLAWLESS

If you've got large pores I strongly recommend this product to put under your foundation and even over it. Love this tin it comes in, love the herbal scent of this product, the puff is phenomenal, the waxy consistency is interesting to say the least, and it leaves your skin flawless like you belong in a wax museum.
A little tip for those who have this but hate it, it took me a while to figure out how to use it so give this a try. Use the puff and take a generous amount and glide it over your makeup. For me, using it with my fingers didn't do much but the puff method was a lot better.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/24/2012 10:52:00 PM More reviews by berrycurious

Um, really? They're asking $35 or something for this crap? Put it over foundation, it's like vaseline or lip balm, and it does absolutely nothing.
AND, it has retinyl palmitate, which when worn in the sun breaks down and is carcinogenic. Bullcrap times ten!

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/15/2012 11:15:00 PM More reviews by estas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought one box based on a friend's recommendation. I used it only once... This thing did make my pores seemingly disappear, BUT it was so heavy and made me feel like having a wax mask on my face. And I broke out like crazy afterward.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2012 3:10:00 AM More reviews by chayaNY

I have really dry skin but I use quite emollient creams and/or sunscreens that I often want to mattify my nose just a bit. Received a mini one of these and was excited as I had not seen any reviews but had heard a YT blogger rave continuously about the product.

My verdict is it doesn't do much but what it does do I don't find enhances my looks at all. If I apply too much it seems to disrupt the foundation or concealer I've applied. I've tried over makeup and under with negligible results. Just a big let down. In my experience, a primer such as L'oreal Studio Secrets (looks a pale pastel lavenderish/pink in a small glass jar), works much better to mattify a shiny nose with the added benefit of filling in pores somewhat.