July 24, 2014 | 1496 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous in Carbon Black

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 1:59:00 AM More reviews by pictureperfect09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is simply a makeup staple. If you want thick, dark lashes this is what you grab. Not only is it cheap, easy to find, and has a great rich black color, it is one of the best mascara formulas there is. I don't see how you could go wrong with this.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2014 6:37:00 PM More reviews by zerotic

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've really tried to like this mascara, but I actually think I will throw it away. I bought it a couple weeks ago because of the good reviews I've read about it - and because I like big, voluminous lashes. ;) The consistency is really wet, and I feel like it NEVER dries on my lashes. The brush is ok to work with, I didn't have a problem with clumps and it was easy to apply. The color is also quite black, so I'm happy with that.

BUT.... It smudges!! Like crazy! After only 1 hour, I'm black both under my eyes and OVER my eyes. My lashes are quite long, so the mascara transfers to my lid and I also see black tiny dots underneath my eyebrows aswell. And after a couple of hours, I look like a panda. I don't even know why I continue to use it - it may be because of the volumizing effect, it really makes my lashes look good. I may use it up, but I will never buy it again. And do not cry when you wear this... It stings like crazy in your eyes. It REAAAALLY stings. Auch.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2014 11:22:00 PM More reviews by midoriclarkbaba

I really liked this mascara because i found that i only really needed one coat to make my eyelashes look nice, but when i wanted a more dramatic look i could easily layer another coat on top without it becoming gross and clumpy.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2014 8:20:00 AM More reviews by Yeezytaughtme

this is my HG mascara. i have yet to find a better drugstore mascara. this makes my lashes longer and darker. i have to stress the importance of buying the WATERPROOF one, the regular one does not have the same effect! I dont know why, but the non-waterproof one just doesnt work, the WATERPROOF carbon black is awesome though, i highly recommend! p.s. i read kim kardashian's makeup artist uses this for her long lashes

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2014 2:14:00 AM More reviews by MakeUp_0507

I like this mascara because it gives my lashes good volume and is a very pigmented black. I don't like the clumping and smudging after an hour or two. It doesn't lengthen or separate lashes well. I have short straight forward down lashes btw.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2014 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Ladydeemone

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Holy grail product for me. It really does volumize my lashes. The only negative I could say about this product is I wish the brush was a bit smaller. I find it clumps sometimes if I'm not careful. I like to layer my mascara and when I do with this my eye lashes are thick and long and I honestly get asked all the time if my lashes are fake lol. LOVE IT!!! Lately I have been usine L'oreal Telescopic Mascara to help seperate the lashes and then I go over it with Voluminous and that is the ultimate combo!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 5:16:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

This product is 2.5/5 for me. It volumized my lashes and somewhat lengthened them but it smudges really badly. I don't know why it does in comparison to the regular loreal voluminous. It also didn't hold my curl well.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2014 3:32:00 AM More reviews by cardenasjess

This product just wasn't what I expected. I have normal length, but thin lashes that are very stick straight. I curl them with my curling wand before any application of mascara and if it's a good mascara it usually holds my curl, but with this mascara (although I bought it waterproof) it just didn't hold a curl at all. In fact, this mascara made my lashes look really wet and it weighed them down a lot. I'm sure it would work well with thicker longer lashes though, but unfortunately this product is NOT for me!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2014 1:36:00 AM More reviews by readysetgo10

I only bought this mascara because it was on sale and I wanted to experiment with mascaras. I bought it for around $4.50, but usually it's $8 which is standard for a drug store brand I believe.

The formula is pretty wet--I'm assuming that it works well for people with naturally long and curly lashes. But for mine (which are sparse and grow straight downwards), it didn't do much at all. I spent around 5-7 minutes laboring to get the mascara to possibly hold a curl, but after a minute or two my lashes would just come back down again, even after several coats. After a while they just started to look like spider lashes, so I gave up. The mascara doesn't do much on its own, but if I layer it over a drier formula, it does make my lashes look a bit thicker. However, it doesn't make THAT much of a difference.

As for the packaging...pretty simple and standard. Not pretty. I'm not complaining though, I really don't need a pretty package for something that's supposed to do another job.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by rburney

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a little better than average on my curly lashes and oily lids. It runs a little in the summer, but I'm willing to tolerate it when I can't splurge on my HG Diorshow Blackout. This is the blackest black I've been able to find at the drugstore. The only other negative is that the lettering on the tube wears away, but by then it is close enough to replace by date that it doesn't matter.