L'Oreal Voluminous in Carbon Black

3.5

on 9/20/2014 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I liked the way this made my lashes look a lot! However, it came off so easily. After an hour of wearing it, it looked like I had been in a sauna. It just melted off really bad. I have to buy the waterproof version for it to be okay. But the waterproof version is a different formula, and doesn't make my lashes look as good. I've given up on this mascara entirely.

on 9/17/2014 12:13:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I have been on a mission lately to find the best DS mascara for my lashes. I really like this product. I like that it is so black and goes on thick. However I do NOT like the brush it comes with. If you use it, it clumps this mascara all up and gets all over your eyes too. That was really frustrating me because I knew it would look great if I could get it on evenly and without making a mess... SO I just started using an old mascara brush( after I washed it with soap of course) I had from the voluminous million lashes (did not like the million lashes at all). Its a plastic bristle brush that works awesome. it separated the lashes and applies just enough product that you can put on 3 coats without all the clumping and lashes sticking together. NOW I can get my lashes really long by layering with this mascara. Also I dont get it on my face. The original brush is just too big and doesnt comb thru lashes well. I am very impressed with the mascara, just takes a little more work by using and cleaning a different brush every time I use it but its worth it to me! If you like really black mascara, you will love it. The price was awesome at only 6$ as well.

on 9/4/2014 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

My HG mascara. Makes lashes sooooo black & honestly lengthens the lashes. Take your time in applying so it doesn't clump. Great formula. Awesome brush & pairs well with other mascaras with smaller wands if you want to layer on for an intense falsies look. I would freak if they discontinued this. The blackest mascara I've ever found!

on 8/6/2014 7:52:00 AM

This stuff is really amazing! It is the blackest mascara I've ever used. It's a little bit on the pricier side, but it's better than paying $20 for mascara at Sephora. I usually do about one coat, let it sit for 1 minute, and then apply one more coat. And I don't curl my lashes before because the volume this mascara gives alone doesn't really need a lash curler. If you're looking for a new mascara, go get this one!

on 8/5/2014 6:22:00 PM

This is most definitely one of my favorite mascaras. I tend to alternate between mascaras depending what's on sale so I have several favs. Even though it's advertised more as for volume, it also gives you great length as well. And it's very, very black, so that always helps too, especially for me-my lashes are dark as it is, so I like that this is the blackest black I can get! It doesn't clump, & stays on throughout the day. The reason I'm giving it 4 though rather than 5 is because I would say it has to be replaced a little more frequently than other mascaras. It isn't the 'wettest' formula, & the brush can get sort of mangy after awhile. But it isn't to the point where it's that much of a difference in how long it lasts as opposed to other mascaras, so that's why that hasn't stopped me from buying it over & over again. Like with most cosmetics, it's the cheapest at Target, but it's significantly cheaper than the drugstore, so that's the best place I've found to get it

on 8/4/2014 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I wanted to like this because of the reviews but I was not fond of this in any way.
I found it to be quite boring. It was dry and did nothing for my lashes.

on 8/3/2014 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I love love love this mascara what else can I say it definitely volumizes your lashes gives you a little but of length but it volumizes more which is good cause my lashes are a bit thin :) and the best part of this mascara is if you get the telescopic omigod they are the perfect duo you have to apply this one first then telescopic to get amazing full dark long lashes :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is 1 of my 3 favorite mascaras. It's very volumizing & very black which are the 2 things I want in a mascara. It does smudge on me, but every single mascara I've tried smudges on me, other than that, it's great!

on 7/23/2014 12:44:00 AM

Ive heard great things but this mascara just didnt work for me :/
i have normal length lashes but theyre really thin and asian haha
i hoped this would be a natural every day mascara but its just way to thick and wet!
it got all over my eyes and didnt hold a curl
maybe i should leave it a while to let it dry

on 7/17/2014 5:41:00 PM

It is one of my favourite drugstore mascaras and available pretty much any where for a reasonable price. Its is a very deep black and separates the lashes perfectly. I am currently hooked on Jordana's mascara which is only available in the states, so if I am unable to get it, L'Oreal's Voluminous is my plan B.

Video Reviews & Tutorials