October 25, 2014 | 1953 users online

Mascara - L'Oreal - Voluminous in Carbon Black

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2014 11:34:00 AM More reviews by hilarybeauty55

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very average. Not bad but not amazing. Adds length and volume but not remarkably so on either count.

I did like the Carbon Black color.

It is extremely liquidy and runny. Also takes forever to dry.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/30/2014 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Loved10

This mascara did nothing for me! I heard a lot of hype about this being a great product so I bought it. It flakes and smudges and it smells like chemicals. I'll be sticking with cover girl!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Mathildish

This has been my number 1 mascara for years. I love it!!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/28/2014 2:11:00 PM More reviews by smnthalbrt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This product is just meh. Sometimes on a good day I can get it to look real nice, but usually it just clumps up, and that's with the first coat only. I feel like it's real heavy and my eyelashes already have a hard time holding a curl so this doesn't help that. It's nothing special, for me at least.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2014 1:49:00 AM More reviews by Lovelaura23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I don't really like this mascara because I got it In waterproof but it sucks, at the end of the day it smudges really bad n I look like a raccoon, and is so hard to come off!!! I'm forever sticking with maybelline rocket waterproof without the scrubbing nd tugging , moving on!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2014 1:11:00 AM More reviews by caitx03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Clumpy lashes galore

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 10:15:00 PM More reviews by CountessOfPerth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is my number one, go-to mascara. It just works. The wand is so simple, but it makes my lashes full and long and super black without clumping. I will always repurchase. Mascara is very personal, but this works very well for me, and I have very short, light lashes that are terrible without a good mascara. This is a must for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2014 10:33:00 AM More reviews by eemontg

I bought this with high expectations and I'm disappointed. It doesn't hold a curl even if I curl my lashes after applying.. It seems like it makes my lashes straight. Although it is jet black and gives good volume I won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2014 11:37:00 AM More reviews by Emibumblebee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm generally a fan of the L'Oreal Voluminous line, so this time around I figured I would try the Carbon Black formula (waterproof).

L'Oreal Voluminous Carbon Black is a super wet, super black mascara. I'm a fan of both of these things - I'd rather wait a bit longer for my mascara to dry fully if it gives me more time to perfect my lashes. The brush is good, and I find I'm able to put on two-three coats with minimal clumping (surprising, given the formula and the pipe-cleaner-esque spoolie). The result: beautiful, dark, long, voluminous lashes. They're perfect, really.

There's always a downside, though, right? And this one seems to be pretty common, based on the other reviews I've seen of this mascara: the SMUDGING, good god. It's awful. Without fail, by the end of the day I'll have a couple of dark spots of mascara under my eyes. And don't even THINK about putting this on your lower lashes. It'll be a disaster. I didn't expect this of a waterproof formula! What's the point of having a formula that's impossible to remove (another downside) if it won't even stop the mascara from ending up under your eyes?

All in all, I was pleased with the result, but disappointed with the wear. I think I'll go back to my L'Oreal Voluminous Original - it gives me everything this mascara gives me WITHOUT the smudging.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2014 7:42:00 PM More reviews by mstoner

I bought this product looking for something that really volumizes my lashes. I think for the most part, it does what I was looking for. But there are a few things I don't like about it. For one, the formula is really wet and I end up having to wipe a lot of it off the brush before I apply it because it clumps really easily on my lashes. I like the brush, but I don't like how much of the formula sticks to it. Secondly, I use makeup remover to take it off and it never gets fully removed. I have to rub my eyes with soap to get it completely off my eyes. Finally, it was pretty cheap. I was surprised at the price, actually. However, I do like that it is very black, it lengthens my lashes, and it does volumize fairly well. Personally would not buy it again, but it was worth the money I paid for it.