St. Ives Oatmeal and Shea Butter Body Wash

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

Water (Aqua, Eau), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, Glycol Stearate, Sodium Chloride, Fragrance (Parfum), Hydroxypropyl Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Hydroxypropylmethylcellulose, Hexylcinnamal, Disodium EDTA, Phenethyl Alcohol, Citric Acid, Polyquaternium 7, PPG 2 Methyl Ether, Benzyl Salicylate, Limonene, Methylisothiazolinone, Yellow 10 Aluminum Lake (CI 47005) (CI 47005), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035) (CI 16035), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090) (CI 42090), Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract (CI 42090)

on 5/31/2012 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I've used a lot of body washes over the years (expensive and cheap-everything in between), and this is the first time trying this St. Ives one. I grabbed it off the shelf basically because I knew that St. Ives doesn't contain parabens, and I've used some of their other products (apricot scrub and lotion) here and there with great results.

This stuff is really good. I've been able to skip the body lotion afterwards, and that's saying a lot as my skin is usually dry all year round. It's been humid where I live, lately, but that has never stopped me from slathering on lotion and/or oil. So, this wash really is really moisturizing without residue. It cleans thoroughly, smells creamy but doesn't leave any scent after showering.

on 5/15/2012 6:18:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

In a matter of a few days this fixed my boyfriend's ultra dry skin. His dry skin bumps are gone. I don't like it on my normal to oily skin, but it has done a fantastic job on his.

on 5/9/2012 9:09:00 AM

I love St Ives apricot face scrubs and shea butter smells delicious, so I though I'd try this out. I have fairly dry skin & use Veet on my legs so I never use harsh shower gels and this looked promising.
I shower twice a day, every day as I work out most days at the gym. I noticed when I got out of the shower this stuff left my skin feeling super-slippery when wet ... and yes, I washed it off thoroughly (I'm a clean freak, I over-rinse if anything!). When my skin dried it was smooth and I love the smell, and so continued to use it. After a week or so I developed a rash and it's only just starting to go now after 3 days off this product! I'm pretty sure it leaves a heavy residue which irritated my skin allot - I had a rash in my bikini area (niiicceee!) all over my torso, shoulders and the backs of my knees. Really itchy too, ergh! I really wanted to like this stuff - I actually bought three massive bottles of it but I'm definitely going to dump them out because it's really been a pain in the azz. I think the combination of sweating allot at the gym and having my pores blocked by whatever filth they put in this is the problem, but gym bods give it a miss unless you want to look like you've been attacked by a cheese grater.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Saw this on MUA's top picks and I just had to buy it from my nearest Shoppers Drugmart. After using it my skin felt soooo moisturized, soft and supple. After showering I always touch and feel how soft my skin is. But after a week it gace me pimples on my legs PIMPLES!!! I never get breakouts anywhere in my body except the face, Totally hated it, gave it to my bestfriend, he loved it.

on 4/10/2012 9:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

My all time favorite body wash! I use it year-round but I especially love it in the winter months because it soothes my dry skin. I also love the clean, fresh scent. One reason I will continue to come back to St. Ives over and over is because all of their products are paraben and phthalate free, which is hard to find in an inexpensive product.

on 4/8/2012 11:07:00 PM

Best body wash ever! No matter if it's winter or in the middle of summer I will use this. It leaves my skin moisturized enough where I don't have to use a lotion everyday. Smells good too and is pretty cheap!

on 3/29/2012 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This product unfortunately started giving me a rash on my chest. I would not recommend this if you have sensitive skin in the least.

on 3/20/2012 11:51:00 PM

I love this body wash! It doesn't have a strong overpowering scent like some other soaps do, it cleans but doesn't dry out your skin giving you that "stripped away" feeling, and it's cheap for the amount of product you're getting.

on 3/9/2012 3:47:00 PM

LOVEEEEEEEE this body wash! It's so cheap, smells amazing & makes my skin feel clean & soft. What more can you ask for for $4? BUY IT! :)

on 3/9/2012 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

On my second bottle of this now, it's amazing. I have such trouble skin, psoriasis, acne and a bit of KP, I'm a mess. This body wash has helped a lot. It's not going to work miracles but it's made a huge difference for me. My skin is much less red and irritated, I am not getting body breakouts, my skin is getting much more clear and soft. The scent is okay, not awful but not my fav, but the product works so well I don't care. I recently started using the matching lotion as well and I will review that after a few weeks. Will repurchase this.