December 21, 2014 | 1818 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Matte Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 5/18/2012 2:07:00 PM More reviews by lilmi

So disappointing.

I ordered a good variety of samples to try out as I wanted to consider switching to mineral make up.
Everyday Minerals was very disappointing, a lot of them left a 'grey' cast and the very few that didn't just went on orange. They also emphasised imperfections, even minor ones.

The biggest issue I had with this was that it irritated my skin so badly. I must have had an allergic reaction which surprises me because my skin isn't very sensitive and I've never had that issue with other mineral make-up. It literally caused my blemishes to flare up, swell and go red after about ten minutes. Will definately stay away from this range's makeup.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2012 2:40:00 AM More reviews by blatantdream

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A little intro in case anyone is looking for a color match. I am NC37 in MAC, 123 in MUFE HD, and 207 in MUFE Duo Mat and I use buttered tan in the matte formula of this foundation.

I'm not going to compare this to other finishes of everyday minerals foundations or to any other brand of foundation. I'm sure you can find those on the web.

For what it is, it works great on my skin. I have to say all foundations look greasy on my face after awhile, it just that some take longer than others to reach that shiny disco ball look. This is no different. But I have to say its on the longer side. I will get about 3 hours out of it before I have to blot or powder to get rid of the shine.

I love the matte finish you get once you're done applying. The coverage is buildable and gets pretty close to full coverage and doesn't look cakey. It does not emphasize dry spots or pores on me. The packaging is pretty convenient. The sifter can be closed so product doesn't get everywhere when you open it. The cap to the jar is big enough that I use it to swirl the foundation in after I dump it out for application.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2012 7:31:00 PM More reviews by superschmitty16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First off, I want to say that my skin is SUPER pale, oily, and sensitive. Im 16 and i was super excited to get the free samples, I used this for about 5 days and i loved it! the color was perfect, and that has never happened before. I got it in the shade fair, all other foundations make me look orange no matter what. It didn't control oil very well but thats fine, the finish was very natural and not powdery at all, and the coverage was about medium. After the fifth day, i got 3 huge and painful cystic acne aroud my mouth. I hardly ever get pimples since using my perscription creams, and never have i ever gotten any around my mouth! so i did some research and i found that they changed their formula to include lauroyl lysine, which is a amino acid derived from cocunut oil. And i learned it was highly comedogenic, which was probably what caused my cystic acne. I read other reviews and a lot of others had the same problem i had. So overall i would say this foundation is great, but if you have senstive, acne prone skin stay away from this foundation, or at least try their foundations first. I heard that Lily lolo is a great mineral foundation for people who have senstive skin, and they also have great pale shades, so im gonna check them out!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2012 6:17:00 AM More reviews by Natasha666

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had to share this with you guys! I did some research online and found some reviews and red them and decided to purchase this product sens everyone was so pleased with this product. If you have tried Isadoras mineral foundation then let me tell you this is exactly the same only it doesn't have the shimmer that Isadora have. It looked ok the first 15 minutes and after that it changed to orange and had no coverage at all! This is a really bad foundation. Will never buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2012 12:19:00 PM More reviews by yarrthehotpants

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This used to be my favorite foundation; it provided full, matte coverage and didn't irritate my skin or make me break out. I ordered a new one a few months ago and started to break out horribly. I FINALLY found out that EDM reformulated their foundations with lauroyl lysine, which can be comedogenic to some. Sadly now I'm on the hunt for a new mineral foundation and won't buy from EDM again.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2012 5:52:00 AM More reviews by hrtbrkr78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The shade selection is good for olive skin tones in this line. The thing that I am disappointed is that this isn't matte. Perhaps it's the mineral content. I applied a light and heavy coating of this and took some photos within an hour. I don't have shiny, oily skin but when I looked at the photos, my face was shiny. It wasn't due to the flash as I took them in non-flash and natural lighting with the same results. I'm glad they have sample packets in flat pouches instead of containers like they used to as the savings are passed onto the consumers this way. I still haven't found an exact shade match w/o blending so I probably won't purchase again until new shades debut.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2011 2:54:00 PM More reviews by VintageRosie7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For some reason these looked semi ok when I tried them out as testers. Noticed skin looked like it had a ton of rash-like bumps after application (over moisturizer). Skin simply looked dirty with it on after a while. I switched to this as i thought it would help with my sensitive, acne prone skin but after a few months of using it and noticing more breakouts and rash after usage i have decided to stop using it. It also makes me feel incredibly itchy. I'll be honest guys, i know there is all the hype about this product but it's really not what it is made out to be, I am disappointed.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/31/2011 4:25:00 AM More reviews by pixieperfect

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I've been testing these foundation in various shades for a week now and I have to say they're rather disappointing. With all the hype I expected the finishing of these powders would be really fine however they appear blotchy on close inspection and sit in pores. I apply them with a good kabuki brush, tried with big face brush too. Over properly moisturised face - nah dah. Can't seem to find a good match for my skin tone as well, maybe Golden Medium was the closest but still a tad dark. Also don't count on it for oil control. My face shines quicker than when I use other powders. Good thing about this is that it does feel light on, like your skin can breathe. Overall, Everyday Minerals is overhyped. Am waiting for my Meow orders to arrive!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2011 6:37:00 PM More reviews by jkpetite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Well, apparently EDM is reformulating their Intensive Formula so I'm forced to use the Matte formula. I had to use so much just to get decent coverage. I was using twice as much as I would of the Intensive which means, of course, that I looked like I had just stuck my head, face first, into a bowl of mineral foundation. No bueno. I've gone back to using the Boots No 7 Intelligent Balance Mousse Foundation, and I will continue to use it until EDM releases their new Intensive Formula. I wouldn't purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2011 12:04:00 AM More reviews by forevercee

I absolutely adore everyday minerals now. At first I was in complete doubt because of all the comments on customer services but I decided that I should take the leap of faith and buy it. Well, I don't regret it. My shipping came in on time (earlier than expected actually), and there it was! Allllll the samples I ordered and I was so lucky, the shade I bought matched perfectly with me.
I wore Fairly light in BE and I got fairly light neutral. Perfect match! Doesn't oxidide or anything!It stayed matte with me the whole day with my MAC prep and prime powder ( THE BEST! MUST BUY!) I applied it with my flat top and my skin was so natural. it doesn't even break me out! I have oily skin but it also can be dry. My category would probably be combo.
give everyday minerals a shot! They also added extra discount whole purchase plus free shipping! It was absolutely amazing, 10 items (concealers, brushes, bases, blushes) for only 44 DOLLARS! :) A good buy.