July 30, 2014 | 1485 users online

Powder - Everyday Minerals - Matte Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 2/28/2012 12:19:00 PM More reviews by yarrthehotpants

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This used to be my favorite foundation; it provided full, matte coverage and didn't irritate my skin or make me break out. I ordered a new one a few months ago and started to break out horribly. I FINALLY found out that EDM reformulated their foundations with lauroyl lysine, which can be comedogenic to some. Sadly now I'm on the hunt for a new mineral foundation and won't buy from EDM again.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/14/2012 5:52:00 AM More reviews by hrtbrkr78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The shade selection is good for olive skin tones in this line. The thing that I am disappointed is that this isn't matte. Perhaps it's the mineral content. I applied a light and heavy coating of this and took some photos within an hour. I don't have shiny, oily skin but when I looked at the photos, my face was shiny. It wasn't due to the flash as I took them in non-flash and natural lighting with the same results. I'm glad they have sample packets in flat pouches instead of containers like they used to as the savings are passed onto the consumers this way. I still haven't found an exact shade match w/o blending so I probably won't purchase again until new shades debut.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2011 2:54:00 PM More reviews by VintageRosie7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For some reason these looked semi ok when I tried them out as testers. Noticed skin looked like it had a ton of rash-like bumps after application (over moisturizer). Skin simply looked dirty with it on after a while. I switched to this as i thought it would help with my sensitive, acne prone skin but after a few months of using it and noticing more breakouts and rash after usage i have decided to stop using it. It also makes me feel incredibly itchy. I'll be honest guys, i know there is all the hype about this product but it's really not what it is made out to be, I am disappointed.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/31/2011 4:25:00 AM More reviews by pixieperfect

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I've been testing these foundation in various shades for a week now and I have to say they're rather disappointing. With all the hype I expected the finishing of these powders would be really fine however they appear blotchy on close inspection and sit in pores. I apply them with a good kabuki brush, tried with big face brush too. Over properly moisturised face - nah dah. Can't seem to find a good match for my skin tone as well, maybe Golden Medium was the closest but still a tad dark. Also don't count on it for oil control. My face shines quicker than when I use other powders. Good thing about this is that it does feel light on, like your skin can breathe. Overall, Everyday Minerals is overhyped. Am waiting for my Meow orders to arrive!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2011 6:37:00 PM More reviews by jkpetite

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Well, apparently EDM is reformulating their Intensive Formula so I'm forced to use the Matte formula. I had to use so much just to get decent coverage. I was using twice as much as I would of the Intensive which means, of course, that I looked like I had just stuck my head, face first, into a bowl of mineral foundation. No bueno. I've gone back to using the Boots No 7 Intelligent Balance Mousse Foundation, and I will continue to use it until EDM releases their new Intensive Formula. I wouldn't purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2011 12:04:00 AM More reviews by forevercee

I absolutely adore everyday minerals now. At first I was in complete doubt because of all the comments on customer services but I decided that I should take the leap of faith and buy it. Well, I don't regret it. My shipping came in on time (earlier than expected actually), and there it was! Allllll the samples I ordered and I was so lucky, the shade I bought matched perfectly with me.
I wore Fairly light in BE and I got fairly light neutral. Perfect match! Doesn't oxidide or anything!It stayed matte with me the whole day with my MAC prep and prime powder ( THE BEST! MUST BUY!) I applied it with my flat top and my skin was so natural. it doesn't even break me out! I have oily skin but it also can be dry. My category would probably be combo.
give everyday minerals a shot! They also added extra discount whole purchase plus free shipping! It was absolutely amazing, 10 items (concealers, brushes, bases, blushes) for only 44 DOLLARS! :) A good buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2011 8:47:00 PM More reviews by jrbmua

My HG foundation. I've been using this for past year. I have used other mineral foundations and like this the best.
PROs: Does not break out my oily skin, buildable coverage, the ingredient list is short, has spf, and the light olive color is perfect for my Asian skin color (light w/ yellow golden undertone, for reference #2 w/ LM PPF). Even with a heavier layer when I need it, formula still feels on the light side. The website is easy to navigate. Allows you to compare product specs side by side. It also lists what skin colors are best suited for the product. Test samples are available for low price. Packaging is simple, powder does not spill out. Received order within 5 days (I live in L.A.)
CONs: No cons for me. Some others may be put off by the packaging, doesn't look luxe. For me, I could care less about that though.
NOTES: Wide variety of shades. Just be careful if you have to mix shades to get the right shade for you if you get darker, lighter. I got a little darker at one point last summer and mixed a darker sample shade in. I mixed on top of paper towel in case there was spillage I could salvage it. Used a cotton swab to mix.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2011 9:10:00 PM More reviews by amysalsa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have order the matt and intensive set of foundation,concealer blush,brushes and eyeshadow (totally 20+ for all of them) in 2007.I love the olive medium matt.It suite my skin color very well and my skin is super sensitive but still no break out after use for a few months.For me the intensive formula made me itchy a lot..so after I apply it 15 mins I scratch my face like crazy till I wash it off...still itchy after for a few hours...the packaging wasn't convenient to carry around (deep brown package).I stop using it after 1 year.I get back to my Laura Mercier foundation powder.

So,last month I saw EDM advertising on some beauty website.It making me missing it a lot.I went to order at their main page and saw the packaging is changed.I'm in rush and wanna use it real fast so I order from dealer in Singapore (I'm living here).After 3 days I got the package,I give it a try.I was surprise that package have two layer to cover the hole up by flipping it after use..this will be more convenient for me to carry it around.I like this new package.So the powder seem to add glitter which my last batch didn't have it.I personally preferred the one without glitter coz glitter make my pore looks a bit bigger than normal ..Anyhow,so far I have use it for 3 weeks now no break out yet.

Last week,I got email for some items that on sale for 1 week.So,I ordered more and sent it to my hubby colleague house in USA.So,after my hubby come back from his biz trip..I will try more and will be back to update again

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2011 7:22:00 PM More reviews by DakotaD

I purchase this foundation in Multi-tasking, which matches my skin tone perfectly. It applies easily and gives my skin a smooth, silky look. The packaging has also been improved, so I can slide and snap a cover over the holes when traveling and don't have to worry about half of the foundation escaping when I haul my luggage around. I took off one lippie because even though it is a matte formula, it is still no match for my oily skin throughout the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2011 8:40:00 PM More reviews by tiffanyAYCH

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I previously thought I looooooved Bare Minerals. The matte formula didn't give me issues but it was too dark. The original definitely promoted pimples. How do I know this? Because a week after switching to Everyday Minerals, my face looked WAY better. Specifically, the bumps I had around my nostrils and forehead (oily zones) disappeared altogether.

I tried the semimatte formula and it simply TOO dewy and sheer for me. I don't have terrible skin, I'll be the first to admit it, but I DO want to see a notable improvement when I apply foundation. SemiMatte didn't do that. I love the Matte formula because its the perfect balance. It's matte; however, it doesn't make you look like you dipped your face in tinted chalk. I found that Bare Minerals Matte made me WAY too matte. Everyday Minerals eliminates the shine; however, you still look like a human being. Light reflects subtly but naturally.

I'm still a student, so I have a gym class every day. If I don't reapply, I look mildly shiny by the end of the day, but it's no tragedy. My best method is to apply with a kabuki brush, then blot lightly with paper towel and apply a VERY thin layer with a regular foundation brush. Like one tap gets it taken care of. The key is to blot GENTLY, not rub. Blotting absorbs minimal makeup and maximum moisture.

My only word of warning is the shades. I'm chocolatey-skinned and the bronzed tan will fit me through the summertime; however, I'm not the deepest tone I know. It's possible that if you get markedly darker during season changes and you're a woman of color, you may deepen past their color range. Blending powders is easy for the price, so I suggest that as a solution.

What give this makeup the edge? PRICE!! It's dirt cheap (lol). I mean, I a trio of eyeshadow, foundation, and three more eye shadows for less than 40 bucks. And they don't skimp on quantity. These eyeshadows will last me at least a year, if not two. I also love mixing up custom eyeshadow colors with the ones i already have.

This is totally great makeup that I actually feel GOOD about buying. Quick shipping and low prices make it that much more lovable.