August 20, 2014 | 1210 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Lash Exact Waterproof

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2011 9:30:00 PM More reviews by maryanxcutie

Holy shit, this stuff REALLY lengthens. But it's one of those mascaras that you have to slowly apply, or else you'll end up with spider lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2011 12:46:00 AM More reviews by lrigtnahpele

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is one of my go-to mascaras. I have stick straight lashes and this mascara does a good job of holding my curl all day. It does smudge a little bit at the corners because of my greasy eye area, but a little powder fixes this problem. It does a good job of darkening the roots of my lashes and it fans them out. I really like the natural look it gives and I haven't had any problems with clumping.

The only reason I give this a 4 is that, as with most mascaras, this mascara makes my eyelashes hard, though not as rock hard as some other mascaras.

For the people who are having trouble removing waterproof makeup:
I use olive oil as a makeup remover. It's non-comedogenic and it's also very good for your skin! You will get greasy, but it can be easily washed off with face wash. I put a tiny bit on my finger and VERY gently work it into my lashes (with my eyes closed) and I find that the mascara comes off very easily. If you don't want to rub with your fingers, soak a cotton pad with olive oil then hold it over your lashes for a bit, then wipe off gently. Personally, I find the finger method more effective and gentler on the eye area. Hope that helps!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2011 11:53:00 PM More reviews by CMK

Pros: "Dryer" formula than other mascaras, lengthens my lashes, holds the curl, and does not leave any residue on the bottom of my eyes until >8 hours.

Cons: Takes me 2 days to get the mascara off (using eye makeup remover) completely without pulling my lashes out. This is the reason I would not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2011 6:51:00 PM More reviews by tina5856

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have monolids, so mascaras are a pain up my butt.
this doesnt give the best volume, but it lengthens and holds my curl. not my favourite but definitely one of my top mascaras.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2011 1:50:00 AM More reviews by Angelamakeup

I'm really picky about what I want my mascara to do for me. This one seems to hold curl decently and also look natural. I have to use a coat of a different type of mascara on top because this one doesn't quite give the volume. But for the volume you get from this mascara satisfies me and I would therefore repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2011 8:18:00 PM More reviews by TheHarryPotterNinja

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this. Before purchasing this, I had a terrible abhorrence of waterproof mascaras, all either clumping, being to liquidy, smearing, being hard to take off, and all of the above. This mascara did none of the above. The Lash Exact got all of my lashes coated perfectly with one coat (you can add more if you like), and held my curl amazingly, the best curl holder I've tried so far. The brush is tiny, but can do a large brush's job in fewer strokes. This mascara was dry (in a good way), and held my curl perfectly, and I am using a 1.97 USD curler. I had been using the regular lash exact, and decided to try the waterproof, hack, for 6.29 USD, totally affordable, and not significant if I didn't like it. It was even better than the original. It was somewhat drier, and stayed on all day. I am on a swim team, and swim all day: I have no problem with mascara dripping at all! The mascara came off very easily with even the slightest damp cloth, and I lost no eyelashes in the process! I love mixing it up, and I almost never re-purchase products. I did, and will for sure repurchase this one again in three months. This is definitely my holy grail mascara. Now, if only I could find an eyeliner this perfect . . .

UPDATE: This was alright, and I am constantly trying new things, however, going back to the Great Lash, it really is my HG, and this didn't giver enough volume or length.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/16/2011 10:59:00 AM More reviews by OHNOSOPHiE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

FINALLY found my HG mascara. I used to be in love with Maybelline Sky High Curves WP and Revlon's LashTint, but of course both are discontinued (what are the chances?). Anyway, I've tried the high end stuff (Dior, Clinique, MAC) but none has worked wonders like this one. The brush is a rubbery plastic and separates every lash. it's buildable so you can give it the appearance of falsies. The best part, it does not smudge or flake. It's pretty much a replica of LashTint. AND, it HOLDS THE CURL!!!! Yup, I've found it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2011 8:04:00 PM More reviews by qznds805

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am Asian and I have long but straight eyelashes. I always had problem finding mascara that holds the curls. I've tried department store brands (EL, Clinique, Lancome etc) and drugstore brands (Maybelline, Loreal etc) and nothing holds the curl until I got Shiseido mascara base. but after Shiseido discountinued the mascara base and replaced with a new formula, I read the review about it no longer holds the curl and I almost freaked out, coz that was the only thing working for me! A friend recommended Covergirl lash exact the waterproof one and she said it holds the curl. So I tried it and it does! I'm so glad I found this one. Now I no longer need to wear mascara base. It doesn't clump up like its name indicates. it lengthens the lashes a little bit and doesn't seem to add much volume. but those are not my main concerns. I can't wear any mascara that's gonna weigh down my lashes coz it doesn't matter how much volume or length it gives me, if it uncurls my lashes it won't look good!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/6/2011 3:37:00 PM More reviews by coconuttynut

I'm always looking for a mascara that is smudgeproof. I have oily eyelids and I tend to get raccoon eyes even with waterproof mascara. So, I usually look for smudgeproof mascaras, not waterproof because waterproof mascaras are supposed to fend off water, not oil.

I bought this mascara with high hopes because a lot of people said that it stays put all day and does not smudge. However, I wore this mascara to a 4 hour interview, and when I left, I noticed black smudges beneath my eyes. I'm sure I must have left a great impression....

The mascara holds a curl VERY well and does not clump, which I liked. However, it was really difficult to remove the mascara, even with an oil-based remover. Another thing: I don't like waterproof mascaras because they're so difficult to remove.

So it's a good mascara, but still smudged on me and was impossible to remove. I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2011 9:41:00 PM More reviews by mscc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I love this mascara!! It's great for defining my lashes. It doesn't add volume, but that's okay. I've found that mascaras that add volume tend to de-curl my lashes, and this one definitely does NOT do that. It kept up a beautiful curl all day, really defined each lash (great, small, skinny applicator brush), and the black color of course darkened them and made them stand out. I think it also lengthened them, as well. It's great for during the day time. I'd wear it at night, too, but I might want something else to amp up the volume. Nah... I'd probably still wear this and just add false lashes!

I haven't tested this one the same way I've tested others - wearing it to class, which involves a lot of reading and looking down throughout the day, and then checking to see if the mascara smudges embarrassingly underneath my eyes. But as soon as I do to and test it's waterproof-iness, I'll update this review.

I'm so glad I bought this! I bought it due to a beauty blogger's recommendation, and her eyelashes are similar to my Asian eyelashes (straight, kind of sparse).