Cover Girl Lash Exact Waterproof

3.9

on 12/12/2011 10:53:00 AM

I typically use (and recommend) Lash Exact regular mascara, but thought the waterproof version might eliminate the smeared mascara eyes I get when visiting the chiropractor/lying face-down on the paper-covered headrest. No, it doesn't clump. And it doesn't smear. BUT I get the worst dark circles the next morning, even after a good washing the night before, even after washing my face with a washcloth during my morning shower, even after applying toner with a soaked cotton ball, even after using oil-free eye makeup remover on multiple cotton swabs. Regardless of how I try to fight the mascara remnants before I get to putting on my makeup for the day, I've STILL got dark, sooty-looking undereye color that is really hard to get rid of. And I already have issues with undereye darkness, so this is the last thing I need! Tossed my new tube after two weeks of trying, and went back to the regular Lash Exact.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I heard this was really good so I got it in waterproof because I needed a waterproof mascara. I dont like it at all though. It did nothing for my lashes except blacken and stick them together. It didnt volumize, length, seperate. It holds curl though. I do not recommend at all, and I will not buy it again.

I love this stuff! I've been using it for almost two years now, and it's wonderful. My lashes stay perfectly curled (which is really saying something as I have stick straight Asian eyelashes), and I've NEVER had this mascara clump on me. I can wear it for a good 12+ hours and have it stay in place. I've tried a ton of other brands (Missha, Rimmel, Maybelline, Smashbox, etc) and none of them have come close. I'd definitely recommend this to anyone who wants a good, cheap mascara that works. ( :

on 9/22/2011 9:30:00 PM

Holy shit, this stuff REALLY lengthens. But it's one of those mascaras that you have to slowly apply, or else you'll end up with spider lashes.

on 9/16/2011 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This is one of my go-to mascaras. I have stick straight lashes and this mascara does a good job of holding my curl all day. It does smudge a little bit at the corners because of my greasy eye area, but a little powder fixes this problem. It does a good job of darkening the roots of my lashes and it fans them out. I really like the natural look it gives and I haven't had any problems with clumping.

The only reason I give this a 4 is that, as with most mascaras, this mascara makes my eyelashes hard, though not as rock hard as some other mascaras.

For the people who are having trouble removing waterproof makeup:
I use olive oil as a makeup remover. It's non-comedogenic and it's also very good for your skin! You will get greasy, but it can be easily washed off with face wash. I put a tiny bit on my finger and VERY gently work it into my lashes (with my eyes closed) and I find that the mascara comes off very easily. If you don't want to rub with your fingers, soak a cotton pad with olive oil then hold it over your lashes for a bit, then wipe off gently. Personally, I find the finger method more effective and gentler on the eye area. Hope that helps!

on 8/23/2011 11:53:00 PM

Pros: "Dryer" formula than other mascaras, lengthens my lashes, holds the curl, and does not leave any residue on the bottom of my eyes until >8 hours.

Cons: Takes me 2 days to get the mascara off (using eye makeup remover) completely without pulling my lashes out. This is the reason I would not buy again.

on 7/24/2011 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have monolids, so mascaras are a pain up my butt.
this doesnt give the best volume, but it lengthens and holds my curl. not my favourite but definitely one of my top mascaras.

I'm really picky about what I want my mascara to do for me. This one seems to hold curl decently and also look natural. I have to use a coat of a different type of mascara on top because this one doesn't quite give the volume. But for the volume you get from this mascara satisfies me and I would therefore repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this. Before purchasing this, I had a terrible abhorrence of waterproof mascaras, all either clumping, being to liquidy, smearing, being hard to take off, and all of the above. This mascara did none of the above. The Lash Exact got all of my lashes coated perfectly with one coat (you can add more if you like), and held my curl amazingly, the best curl holder I've tried so far. The brush is tiny, but can do a large brush's job in fewer strokes. This mascara was dry (in a good way), and held my curl perfectly, and I am using a 1.97 USD curler. I had been using the regular lash exact, and decided to try the waterproof, hack, for 6.29 USD, totally affordable, and not significant if I didn't like it. It was even better than the original. It was somewhat drier, and stayed on all day. I am on a swim team, and swim all day: I have no problem with mascara dripping at all! The mascara came off very easily with even the slightest damp cloth, and I lost no eyelashes in the process! I love mixing it up, and I almost never re-purchase products. I did, and will for sure repurchase this one again in three months. This is definitely my holy grail mascara. Now, if only I could find an eyeliner this perfect . . .

UPDATE: This was alright, and I am constantly trying new things, however, going back to the Great Lash, it really is my HG, and this didn't giver enough volume or length.

on 4/16/2011 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

FINALLY found my HG mascara. I used to be in love with Maybelline Sky High Curves WP and Revlon's LashTint, but of course both are discontinued (what are the chances?). Anyway, I've tried the high end stuff (Dior, Clinique, MAC) but none has worked wonders like this one. The brush is a rubbery plastic and separates every lash. it's buildable so you can give it the appearance of falsies. The best part, it does not smudge or flake. It's pretty much a replica of LashTint. AND, it HOLDS THE CURL!!!! Yup, I've found it.