September 3, 2014 | 1046 users online

Lip Gloss - E.L.F. - Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - Candlelight

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2010 5:38:00 PM More reviews by b3l0vEd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Can't believe this baby is only $1! It works better than some of my HE glosses that cost more than $20. Candlelight is a medium pinky coral beige with subtle golden shimmer. It's a sticky gloss, and once applied, it looks and feels great. It's the perfect opacity where it tones down the natural redness in my lips, but still let some of my natural colors show through so that it looks natural. It's long lasting because it's sticky, and it's also very hydrating too. I love using this alone. The size is pretty good too, just a little smaller than the VS beauty rush glosses. It smells like grapes, with isn't an offensive smell to me at all, and the smell disappears pretty quickly too, and there's not taste. I would definitely repurchase, and I want to try more colors too.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2010 12:39:00 AM More reviews by smartmakeupshopper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After hearing countless reviews on this product, I was extremely excited to try it out. And I'm very glad that it lived up to all its hype. Its moisturizing, provides an adequate shimmery color for a gloss, has spf 15, and is a perfect size for traveling. Definitely recommend trying this out and forming your own opinions about this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2010 8:56:00 AM More reviews by leoisillon

Why in the world did I take so long to buy this? I had heard many great things, but for some reason everytime I saw it in the store I would always pass it up. I think in the packaging the color isn't impressive to me. I normally don't go for these types of nude colors for my glosses or even lipsticks. I remembered that I have a nude lipstick from ELF that I haven't been able to use because it makes me look washed out. So I thought maybe this lipgloss would help warm it up and it did! It's the perfect match for pairing with ELF's Runway Pink. I also want to try the gloss called Godess by ELF. This has SPF 15, it's moisturizing, has a wonderful color and was super cheap. Ladies, you NEED this gloss in your life.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2010 4:33:00 AM More reviews by angelixia07

I really didn't care for this when I first got it. I thought it was too frosty and cheap looking but I recently gave it another try and found that it looks great. It is a shimmery medium opacity champagne color that looks really good against my light tan, NC25 warm skin. It is not super sticky like Mac glosses, w/ a consistency closer to Revlon super lustrous glosses. The great thing is that it is super cheap but so pretty. I don't apply it straight from the tube since it is one of those plastic tapered ends with a hole in the middle and that doesn't work too well for me so I just put it on w/ my fingers most of the time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2010 8:28:00 AM More reviews by kdigggs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

For a buck, can I complain? Not really! This is a great gloss to throw in my pocket when I'm running around all day. i won't be heartbroken if I lose it, but I like it just fine--it's super shiny and it has sunscreen! The scent/flavor is a little grape-y, but it's not strong enough to really bother me. Not a lot of color, but that's what I wanted. The only downside was that before I used the tube up, it sprung a leak at the point where the tube joins the harder plastic that makes up the applicator. I had a mess and couldn't carry it in my pocket anymore. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2010 2:57:00 AM More reviews by bethbr00tality

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have fair to medium skin and this tone looks fantastic with my skin. The super glossy lip shines are a little thick, but it gives them better staying power and I don't really mind. Definitely recommend this.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2010 6:34:00 PM More reviews by tatt2thruandthru

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This flavor in the line is a HOT STICKY MESS. Other flavors of this gloss are thinner but this one is super thick and well lingered even after removal. For an hour it wouldn't go away even after eating and drinking. It was the most annoying gloss I've ever worn. The pigmentation is moderate at best with hints of frostyness. Yuck. Overall it's pretty cheap to me.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2010 9:24:00 PM More reviews by citygirl21

This color is really pretty!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2010 12:14:00 AM More reviews by cnabbey88

The color of this lipgloss is nice. The color payoff isn't bad and can be opaque enough that you get your $1's worth of the color. The packaging is normal, nothing outstanding. What I don't like is that it tastes and smells like really cheap overly sugary candy. If you're 10 you would probably like it. Or if you like that type of candy. I am in neither of the 2 categories. ELF describes it as a grape vanilla or something to that effect and I don't like it. For that reason I won't use it. I wouldn't repurchase because of the issues of taste and smell and for me, since its on my lips that's an issue. Otherwise it isn't a total waste of a $1. :/

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2010 12:42:00 AM More reviews by jananaz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

A really stand up product. This lipgloss is a fantastic peachy nude that looks great on tanned skin. No funky scents, just a nice color. The texture is a little bit thicker than I like - thicker than a lip balm, but not as sticky as MAC Lipglass. At a buck, the price is right. Would definitely purchase again!