November 25, 2014 | 1864 users online

Lip Gloss - E.L.F. - Super Glossy Lip Shine SPF 15 - Malt Shake

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2010 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Ilse333

I went on a little ELF spree and picked up pretty much everything that looked halfway appealing. So far this gloss is the winner - a warm nude that reminds me of caramel apples and looks really beautiful on my NC30 face. I can't always pull off dark shades but this is mild enough to look neutral while still giving more of a dramatic payoff than most nudes. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2010 1:16:00 PM More reviews by Chattnchick3

I love the smell of this lip gloss--it smells like candy. The staying power is good for $1. Malt shake lasted through dinner and dessert. :)
This is more of a chocolate-y color on my lips so its probably going to get used every once in a while but this is not a everyday lipgloss for me. For one dollar I will keep it and probably buy some more from E.L.F.
Also, the slanted applicator is the BEST! I hate putting lipgloss on in front of people with a wand. So having a slanted applicator is another plus for this lip gloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2010 6:20:00 PM More reviews by bellagemma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love these glosses. I have glosses from NARS, MAC, Revlon, loreal, maybelline, clinique, Victoria's Secret etc. yet these are my favorite and not because they're cheap. For one, I really like the smell. To me, they smell like the taste of Grape Skittles. That may turn people off, but it's yummy to me. I also like the texture-not too sticky like MAC but not too watery like Victoria's secret-they kind of feel like the VS soothing lip balm-right in between in terms of sticky factor. They are very moisturizing and sort of fade nice and even instead of leaving that waxy overlay feeling on your lips. This particular color makes my lips pretty red, not so much rose like it looks in the tube. I use it at night or over pale l/s. love! =)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2010 4:35:00 PM More reviews by alleyaddict

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Love the color, love the finish .. not a fan of the sweet taste . .it kind of keep reminding me the every time i wear this (or any lip product) i am eating chemicals :(

I have tried a couple of other shades of elf lipglosses and i hate the shimmer/glitter - this one doesn't have any and the color is super cute!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2010 5:53:00 PM More reviews by Mimsy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

When it comes to glosses, I'm less concerned with finish and more interested in texture. I gravitate towards thick, but not sticky, glosses, sort of the middle ground between a thin, liquidy gloss like Rimmel Vinyl Lip with no longevity and a thick, sticky gloss that really lasts like MAC lipglass/lustreglass. I'm okay with sheers, shimmers, and opaque glosses but I'm not a big fan of frosts and glosses with chunky glitter. I've come across a few drugstore and high end glosses that seem to meet my requirements and some of my favorites include: e.l.f. Super Glossy Lip Shines, NARS, Milani Crystal glosses, Bonne Bell Lip Lites, and Sally Hansen Natural Butter Lip Shines. In my opinion, these brands all make glosses that have a great thick texture. They're dense and creamy without being sticky so they've got decent lasting power and good color payoff. If you're someone who loves a thick, creamy, non-sticky gloss, like me, then you'll probably love these glosses from e.l.f., too.

The Super Glossy Lip Shine color range is, admittedly, on the smallish side but they do offer sheers, more opaque shades, cremes, shimmers, and frosts. These products also contain sun protection - always a good thing - and for $1 each, the price can't be beat. The Super Glossy Lip Shine comes packaged in a squeezy tube with a plastic, slant-tip applicator which I love. The only negative I can come up with is that these glosses smell like grape; more specifically, they smell like Dimetapp grape flavored cough syrup. I'm not a fan of the scent but I can live with it.

The shades that I own, from left to right, are: Candlelight, Goddess, Watermelon, Malt Shake, and Mauve Luxe. (***Click "continued" at the end of my review to see product pics and swatches. Includes lip swatches.***)

Malt Shake is my favorite shade. Easily. I've had it for months and it's become an everyday staple. Honestly, I would never have picked up this shade at all except for all the positive reviews and raves on MUA's Productville and message boards. Girls, you were right! In the tube it looks like a rather blah shade: a neutral brownish pink with no shimmer whatsoever. Boring, right? On the lips, though, is where it comes to life. This is the perfect MLBB (My Lips But Better) color. My lips aren't very pigmented normally but they've been looking downright pale lately. I worried that the gloss would come off too brown on me but Malt Shake isn't especially brown on my lips at all; it simply adds a boost of warm, shiny, pinkish tint to my lips. Lovely. If you're going to get anything from e.l.f. this is the item I recommend. Add it to your cart when you order online, or grab one when you're at Target. I've even seen it at the Dollar Tree.
continued >>

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2010 1:58:00 AM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Before I begin, I must say that I only paid 50 cents for this lip gloss, so I wasn't expecting too much. As one of the reviewers below described, Malt Shake is a nude/pink/caramel/brown. I liked the color ~ that is the only good thing that I can say about the product. These glosses are nothing special and they remind me of the cheap, not-so-tasty lip glosses that I liked when I was riding the bus to the mall as a tween.

This gloss is so tacky, runs all over your face and the beautiful color only lasts about five minutes. I used a clear lip liner and it didn't even help to keep it from going all over my face. If you want a cheap lip gloss, I recommend the e.l.f. Luscious Lipstick instead. I will not buy this product again...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2010 4:34:00 PM More reviews by xenamarie

I really like this gloss. It flatters my fair-med skin tone, looking nude/pinky/caramel. Pearly, opaque, glossy finish. Squeeze tube. Scented but not unpleasant (sorta grape). I will probably purchase another to have as a backup. Purchased separately for $1.00, although I've seen various shades packaged at 3 for $2.00.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2010 12:39:00 AM More reviews by JennLovesYou

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this at Burlington a couple years ago. I had just spent a ton of money on clothes, and was waiting to check out and noticed that there was a ton of E.L.F makeup on the counter. It was all on sale for $1 for each, so I rummaged through and got two lip plumpers and four glosses. Malt Shake was one of them. It's not one of my favorites, but I do enjoy it when I wear it. The color pay off is great, the tube is easy to use, and it can be layered with a lipstick or lip stain. Considering the quality of the brand, and the cost of the products, I wouldn't discourage anyone from buying this gloss or anything else. It's definitely a keeper!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2010 11:01:00 PM More reviews by lilaleahg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff is pretty good. However it's too dark for me and my ultra-vampire-pale complextion. If E.L.F. were to create a lighter shade of this stuff...then I'd gladly buy this product again.

Pros:
-Has good staying power
-Cheap!!!
-I actually enjoy the weird taste
-A little bit goes a long way
-The tube is portable; great for travel

Cons:
-Feels very thick on my lips, but probably because I applied too much

Overall? YES! This stuff is good.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2010 3:19:00 PM More reviews by greenidentity

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think I am the only person who doesn't care for this lip gloss. The shade is not flattering on my pale skin - it's too "nude" to really do anything to make me look better. I do find it a bit sticky, and it also dries out my lips. Maybe next time I will try this in a different shade. I did love the slant-tip however. It was very easy to apply and not too big for my thin lips.