beautyblender the sponge

4.4

Was really hesitant to pick this up as I had been using disposable sponges for applying foundation/concealer for the longest time at a quarter of the price... but I realize now that the beauty blender is an investment.

If you clean it everyday (or as often as you prefer), you will get what you paid for.

I dampen mine with water before I begin to blend in my foundation and this really helps with maintaining an even and natural foundation look.

I love the way it applies and I use it daily! It's way more effective at navigating around hard-to-get facial features (ie around your nose/eyes) than a disposable makeup sponge because it's squishier and more sponge like than the cheap disposable ones.

After using mine for about a month and cleaning it daily, a few tears have developed along the sides of my blender but I don't think that it has easy wear and tear; I think I should actually be more gentle when cleaning it.

Will repurchase if I ever need to!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I was hesitant on buying this product because of the price. I thought I might as well buy a sponge for cleaning the dishes and use it on my face lol. I finally got it because of the hype. I use it for my concealer, because I was not happy how my concealer looked using a brush I got from a Mac holiday brush set. The concealer looks flawless. Easy to apply and blend. A must for every make up fan like myself.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is by far the easiest tool to get flawless looking foundation and concealer. I use it with cream and liquid foundations or concealers and it handles both with no problem. I love the fact that you can't get your foundation to look cakey when you use a Beauty Blender! Cleaning the sponge isn't that hard either. Using Philosophy Purity and an eye makeup remover, all foundation and concealer comes out. Wash with Purity, use eye makeup remover on the tough spots, and rewash with Purity - comes out looking brand new every time. Best investment ever!

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this sponge. I wasn't going to get it and just buy one of the many other dupes out there but decided to go on ahead and purchase. I'm glad I did. I find it blends my foundation perfectly and I don't find it uses/wastes a lot of the product. I dampen my sponge before applying and I rapid tap the product all over my face. I love the pointed tip and how easy it is to get my foundation in harder to reach areas. With my make up brushes I get some bristles shedding on my face or cant go as close to my eyes as I want (because they're sensitive) so this sponge really helps. I love that I can use it to blend my highlight, concealer, whatever I need by using different areas of the sponge -whereas with brushes I'd be using a few to do all of that - less clean up. I do agree that they are quite hard to clean. I didn't bother buying the cleanser that came with it because I figured there had to be an easier, less expensive way to clean them. I picked up a SUPER helpful tip from a youtuber (i cant remember her name, sorry) that said a TINY dab of dish soap (preferably Dawn because it cuts grease *wink*) and some olive oil will clean it perfectly - it really does work. My sponge looks brand new after every cleaning.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

My only con for this beauty sponge would be that it's not too easy to get clean but manageable. Also, my dog ate it three days after getting it requiring me to run out and get a new one! Purple this time.

It really helps with applying foundation evenly and not worrying about a brush whose bristles are all over your face afterwards.

I have been interested in this sponge since the very first day I saw it on one of the many youtube videos it is presented in. I just loved how it worked for other girls. It didn't disappoint me when I purchased it myself. I absolutely love the way my foundation looks when applied with it. It is better than using a brush in my opinion and it's also so much more fun! I recommed this product.

Like some out there, when I first learnt of this product, I was skeptical. "Does wonders? Blends amazingly? Flawless finish? But it is just another sponge!" Or so I thought.

Because my country takes, what it feels like 10 years, to bring in beauty products from certain parts of the world, to the point it feels to me that the products that are tagged 'New' are already outdated. I never ever saw these on the shelves before.

But then I saw this for sale on an online platform, and I immediately got two sets (original size which comes with the BB solid). Previously I was trying my luck with those cheap and badly made sponges that cost less than a dollar each, and I was neutral about it because I knew nothing. But after using the BB, there.is.no.turning.back.

When I first got it the smell of the BB solid was really strong on the sponge because it was packaged together, but it goes away after a few uses and washes. I wash it with water and watch it do it's "magic" of turning larger in size. My first thought was that the sponge feels.. unique? I don't know how to describe exactly what I am feeling but I would say that the texture and build of it is something special.

I use it (wet) for two areas in my makeup routine, which is concealing and application of powder. I love the results that it gives.

For maintenance, I wash daily with the BB solid, and it cleanses perfectly, with no residue or stain left at all. Cleansing only takes about a minute, or even less, so I always wash it before I use it daily. I would recommend doing so too. I have been using it for a few months, and the sponge still looks as good as new (no fading or stains or bruises), so it looks promising to me.

The only thing I would point out is the dye. In the initial washes, I could see much dye coming off. I didn't think much about it, but only made sure to rinse it until it runs clear. Fortunately my skin didn't react in any way. Now the dye that comes off is visibly lesser, but still there.

I also do think that the price is kinda high, but because it works for me, so to me it is worth it and would repurchase.

Seen much people talk about the Real Techniques having a dupe for this at a much lower cost, so that is the next sponge that I would look into. But for now, I am happy with this.

when i first got it i wasnt too impressed i think i used it too wet, not damp.
so i put it to the side till this day came and i had no clean brushes so i got no choice and gave it another try, since then i swear i barely use a brush for my foundation or concealer, this sponge does it all for me! makes blending foundation and concealer so easy and fast! some days i even set my face with powder with it and it looks better than brush.
i had the solid cleanser for it and it was alright but if you really want to clean your spong quickly well just use washing powder, yep washing powder

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I've used the Sonia Kashuk sponge for a while now and finally decided to try an actual Beauty Blender. I have heard the material is different from any of the dupes, which I was skeptical about. It is different! First, the Beauty Blender gets about 3 times its original size when you wet it. When I bought it I thought it was small, but when wet the size is perfect.

My foundation goes on beautifully! I'm not sure if its the material, the moisture, or a little of both, but I think my foundation not only looks smoother but lasts longer. I find myself needing to powder less throughout the day. I wash it after every use and I think I dries pretty quickly. I usually wash it when I get home from work and it is always ready the next morning. The only thing that is weird is the pink dye bleeds out when I wash it. Not a huge deal but still. I use the Dr. Bronner's mild soap to wash it which has seemed to work very well. Overall, I'm a fan!

Love it so much!!! I dont know how i used to do my makeup before i got this <3