beautyblender the sponge

4.4

on 4/2/2015 10:08:00 PM

i tried this beauty blender like 4 times and i dont really understand all the rave reviews with this on yt and ig. it is expensive, a nightmare to clean, unsanitary coz of the trapped makeup no matter how I clean it, eats my foundation and after couple of times it becomes useless - disposable glorified sponge.

i hate how it absorbs my foundation when i want this thing to blend and smoothen it, not eat it. i think it's ridiculous and a total waste of money.

then, il go back with the best blending tool: my fingers. dont get me wrong, i own several consumer and pro brushes but nothing beats the finger for blending and smoothing the foundation.

on 4/2/2015 3:09:00 AM

Good product to apply and blend make up! I don't really use it anymore because i also like to apply my make up with brushes so I'm going to give it a 4...But I'm almost sure that I'll switch back to this at some point because it is really nice to use.

on 3/31/2015 12:55:00 PM

Love this! I add just a little water, squeeze excess out. I apply my foundation and concealer with a brush and then blend with the beauty blender. Works amazing! I have tried using for putting on my foundation but I feel like it sucks up a lot of it. Otherwise I really like this and will continue to use it

on 3/30/2015 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

it's alright... i used this for a few months and i got so tired of going from my bedroom to the bathroom to wet it that i just gave up and went back to my UD optical blurring brush. i was always confused about how wet was too wet and how dry was too dry, since there were literally no answers about that on the internet. plus it seemed to suck up more and more of my foundation every time i'd use it after i'd give it its weekly clean with the blendercleanser! it blends things out very well but it's just a hassle, honestly.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I feel like an outcast because I feel I'm the only one who hates the beauty blender. I have purchased it twice, hoping I will make it work every time and it just does not work for me. I dampen my sponge, squeeze the excessive water out and begin to blend foundations, concealers, cream contours and it ALWAYS sucks up all of my product. As I pat to blend the product into the skin, I lose everything I had just applied! For example, I apply foundation, then concealer onto my acne scars. Flawless canvas I should say. I'll then apply a cream contour and blend. EVERYTHING disappears! It sucks up all of my product and exposes everything I just concealed. I get so upset! Hate this product.

on 3/24/2015 8:05:00 PM

I will repurchase this, the beauty blender really makes foundation and primer look amazing. I use it damp and I need only a very small amount of foundation and it blends so nicely with this.

on 3/17/2015 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LOVE THIS SOOO MUCH!! I wish i purchase this waaay sooner. I used to think this was really overpriced and I don't need special sponge to apply my makeup anyway, until i bit the bullet and bought this. I used cheapo blending sponge before, i find myself dislike using sponge because of its finish and application, i prefer using brush.. So I was afraid i would hate myself for splurging $20 for a sponge i probably didn't like.
But nah, i'm in love. So freaking soft, cheap blending sponge can't compare. What i love the most is it makes my foundation / bb cream applied sooo smooth, flawless.. It takes away the cakey-ness and streaky-ness and powdery feeling like when i use brush or finger. I've been longing this finish for ever, it just feels like my skin!! I love makeup, but I hate the powdery feeling, the 'you-are-obviously-wearing-makeup!!!' looks because i'm into natural makeup.
Compared to the cheapo one, cheapo one leaves sticky feeling and makes the coverage sheerer but still manage to crack my foundation. With beauty blender i still can build the coverage without make it cakey. I was scared it will absorb a lot of foundation, turns out it absorbs WAY LESS than what i anticipated. I'm scared for nothing LOL. I use same amount of foundation like when i'm using brush.
I'm glad BB works for me. It's worth every penny.

on 3/11/2015 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've used many different sponges to apply foundation. Sonia Kashuk, Real Techniques, the cheapo packages of disposable ones that come in packs of 10 and there is no comparison to the beauty blender. Yes, $20 is expensive for a sponge, but brushes can cost twice as much and don't provide the same coverage. I've been using mine daily for the past month and haven't experienced it falling apart although I can see this happening if you have long fingernails because you really need to knead this thing to clean it. I bite my nails so it still looks brand new. As for cleaning, I use the peppermint dr. Bronners castile soap and just keep squeezing it until the suds run out. To use it I wet it completely and squeeze out the moisture then squeeze it once more wrapped in a paper towel. Then either dip it in foundation or dot it on then bounce it around my face. The coverage is amazing and I love that I can layer foundation without it looking cakey. It leaves a really nice finish. Cost $20 at sephora which unfortunately the closest one to me is located within a casino so I end up spending way more before even checking out. Will definitely repurchase once it falls apart.

on 3/9/2015 2:02:00 PM

I am make up artist and for a very long time i was rejecting the hype of bblender. I i bought so many hype products and half was a total crap. As a pro artist i got the discount on it and therefore i finally bought it. Honestly guys, this is the miracle in cosmetic industry of 21st century. Its been a week and i do all my make up with the blender. I dont use any of my Suqqu and Tom ford brushes anymore. The one you might need is smth like Mac 130. Thats it. And yes if you have big pores and oily skin it will blend in your make up so smoothly into pores. Contouring, powder, blush....it applies everything like a pro even not being a pro. Amazing amazing amazing produc. Take away your shine during the day with bblender as well. One aspect, it does soak foundation more than a brush. But the finish is worth it. And yes, even powder blushes goes on amazing. Seriously the one who created it is genius. She deserve to be millionaire as this product is worth thw hype with every penny. My suggestion is to use original bblender soap or Bronners soap. And yes, dry it on warm radiators. The blender should get back to his original shape when its dry. And one more-its amazing face masagge :) must have product!!

on 3/8/2015 1:31:00 PM

Love this! Finally took the plunge & bought 1; not soon after, bought 2 more. Can't believe I thought a foundation brush was the best thing ever.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools