September 3, 2014 | 1363 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - beautyblender - the sponge

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 7:06:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie321

I know: $20 for a SPONGE! It is a ridiculous price, but if you can afford it, GET IT! I tried the $5 dupes, but the real thing knocks those out of the park! The dupes Aren't even comparable! Once it's wet and you've squeezed out the excess, it will be very fat and soft. Dot your foundation / bb cream all over your face, then stipple it with your beauty blender using the fat side, and use the skinny side to stipple under eye concealer and the results are airbrushed, and natural. It looks like actual skin, and as if you're skin was naturally porcelain perfect. Amazing product, but pricy

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2014 12:29:00 PM More reviews by AM987654

At first I thought this was an over priced gimmick, but then I received a free one with a foundation purchase. It's a very good product. I dab dots of foundation on my face with my finger and then with the wet sponge blend it all in. I feel that it soaks up less product this way and I get a very natural finish. A little expensive, but I will purchase again. I clean mine with dish washing liquid, but still looking for an easier way to clean.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2014 12:35:00 PM More reviews by bteaster5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I decided to give the Beauty Blender a shot since I've read so many rave reviews... I was not disappointed! The key to it (in my opinion) is the use the stippling technique. It gives a flawless even coverage. The best thing is it did not take any more foundation than if I had used my fingers. It absolutely does not soak up all your makeup. Will buy again!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2014 11:49:00 AM More reviews by mckayla026

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am at a loss with the rave reviews for this too. Prior to this one I used the makeup wedges from Walmart which I was pretty happy with. I read the review for this and HAD to get one. It was big, awkward, and didn't do any better job than my wedges from Walmart...and I felt like I was wasting so much product. I then got a foundation brush, I will never go back to sponges. Do yourself a favor and spend the money on a good brush and not this sponge!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2014 11:38:00 AM More reviews by theperoxideprincess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OMG... I just used the beauty blender for the first time and I can't believe I waited so long to get one. It really does make you look airbrushed and flawless.

I usually use a stippling brush and a generic makeup wedge to apply my foundation. The stippling brush always leaves small streaks on my face so I use the wedge to buff out the streaks. I also use the wedge to blend the concealer under my eyes. For a special event, it takes me 15 minutes to make sure my face looks flawless. But when I used the beauty blender it only took me 5 minutes! 5 minutes for a flawless face. I didn't even need to apply setting powder. I'm still in disbelief. And no, it doesn't soak up a ton of product.

The only thing I worry about is how long the blender will last. $20 is a lot of money for a sponge, even if it does work well. Hopefully it doesn't develop mold/mildew like I've heard from some friends. Yikes.

UPDATE: I just washed the beauty blender with baby shampoo and as soon as I rinsed it, I saw pink water going down the drain. I can't believe it fades that quickly. I guess you have to use the actual beauty blender cleanser to keep it from fading. But I still think the beauty blender should at least be $10. Way too expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 12:52:00 PM More reviews by luisawang1

I finally splurged and got the BB. I personally thought it was a bit pricey for a small sponge but it works so well!! Never have I had such a flawless foundation application. It literally makes my foundation look stippled on and glowing. I'm tossing my sigma brushes and just using this!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2014 9:43:00 PM More reviews by ShaShagirl87

I looooovvveee my beauty blender! omigosh...I have had it for about a month or so and let me tell you, it makes my makeup (foundation application) look flawless, I like using my real techniques expert face brush along with it too sometimes and... huuuuunnntttaaayy! lol #MustHave

rated 1 of 5 on 6/23/2014 2:02:00 AM More reviews by SaraxD

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I honestly don't know why people love and rave about this sponge so much. All it does is make my foundation look patchy and wet. I have not been able to make this work AT ALL for that purpose, though I do enjoy how it works with powder to set my makeup. It's not worth $20 at all IMO, not even $5. It's just a crappy little sponge, sorry! Haha

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2014 9:55:00 PM More reviews by tigerlily217

I was late to jump onto the bandwagon since I was stubborn and thought nothing could beat how flawless of a finish I was getting with my brush. It wasn't until I switched my foundation to a thicker creamy formula that I realized my brush was not sufficient for the job. It actually ruined one of my brushes, unfortunately.

I didn't have high hopes considering how I am usually one of the few people who end up not enjoying the product that many people rave about. So it took me by surprise how flawless my foundation looked. I use less product and it doesn't absorb a lot of product either. I get way better coverage using than using a brush. You don't use as much time applying it because it's so efficient when using it. I started using this back in December last year and finally decided to replace it with a new one. It held its shape until now but it's kind of gross thinking I've been using it for six months already. I clean it everyday but bacteria tends to love sponges!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2014 7:54:00 PM More reviews by SarahCosProf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just recently purchased this product. I do have to say that it was definitely worth the chunk of change. The only downfall of the beauty blender is that sometimes when I use it to blend my foundation, I feel like it soaks up the foundation and even wipes the makeup right off of my face. I use urban decay primer and loreal true match foundation, and they are both great products and I have been using them for years, so I know it is not the foundation. Overall, it does give a nice airbrushed, clean finish.