beautyblender the sponge

4.4

At first, I was like so many who thought this was such a huge, gimmicky, product. I thought it was no different than my wedge sponges I used from the drugstore. But, I gave in to the hype. I admit it. I was so curious.

I finally got my beauty blender in the mail, and literally could not wait to use it. I went directly to my bathroom, washed the beauty blender with soap and water to remove any germs, rung it out, leaving the sponge slightly damp. Then I got my Juice Beauty foundation, and got to work. Using dabbing motions to my face, my foundation was applying smoothly and even. If I wan't getting enough coverage, I would wait for the first layer to dry, and then reapply. After years of applying foundation, I had never managed to make it look this good, despite using foundation brushes, other sponges, and even my hands, despite using my best efforts. This made my skin look so natural, and the finish was seamless.

Safe to say, I'm hooked. Do I find it expensive? Yes. But, it makes my foundation look better than ever, and it's easy to use, so I'm willing to pay that price for a product that works so well for me. Plus, I've had mine for almost a year, and it still does the job perfectly, so I figure it's paid for itself. So, I'm extremely satisfied with this product, and I highly recommend trying it out!

on 4/23/2015 3:45:00 PM

Eje best flor a natural finish!

on 4/19/2015 10:44:00 AM

My oh my, this really doesn't work for me. Im quite shocked. Ive tried different foundations I've tried watching numerous videos and im so reluctant to give it away but I have to. My issue is if you have scars or pitted acne scars or large pores with a buffing brush you are able to buff foundation in and hid those flaws but with a beauty blender the foundation struggles to sink into those areas. Great product for people who dont have this issue and feels lovely and cool on the skin after wetting. Also you need time with this to get an even finish i get the same finish much faster with a big buffing brush.

on 4/18/2015 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I was super skeptical when I first heard about the bb because I thought $20 for a sponge was outrageous. I bought one anyway just to see what the hype was about and fell in love. It leaves the finish of my becca creme foundation so smooth and even! I also have the mini bb's, not quite as in love with them as I am the original, but they're good for tight spaces under the eyes etc. I always use mine wet-tried it dry just to see and it did not perform the same. Definitely try them if you're considering.

I have the most combo skin known the man. Half of my face can fry up a mean serving of onion rings while the other side makes me look like i'm shedding my winter coat... every month. So when I am not trying to combat this with skin care, I like to cover up all of my battle scars for work and other professional things. But how can I do that by catering to both ends of the skintype spectrum? The beautyblender was my answer. I used to use a RT buffing brush - which I am sure will work fine if I move back to South Florida but now that I live in Boston it isnt cutting it to have half a face of flakey skin after I apply even a tinted moisturizer. Enter the bb, I can't tell you why but it applies just about any face product without causing my skin to look its worst. My dry parts don't turn into plateaus of face colored goop and my oily parts are kept at bay. I will keep buying a bb until the end of time, it really is a gem.

If you want flawless looking skin- INVEST! I promise you will not be disappointed - yes its pricey but well worth it. Its so versatile aswell with a pointed end so you can get under yours eyes. The key to blending perfection.

I do recommend buying the cleaning solution as well if you want it too last longer it scrubs up and looks brand new, you can use it with your brushes aswell.

on 4/18/2015 6:08:00 AM

Will continually repurchase for life! Love this little gem for both foundation and concealer. Gives such even coverage, great for building up foundation and applying concealer anywhere necessary including under the eyes. Use wet!

on 4/15/2015 10:23:00 PM

Guys, seriously. The hype is real. I love using this especially for blending out my under eye concealer. I watch a ton of youtube, and I have heard all the raves over a ridiculously priced sponge, but I just bit the bullet and bought the real thing after trying some cheaper versions. Yes, it is a pain to clean, but it makes foundation and concealer (even cream contour) blend over pores, fine lines, acne, dry patches, (seriously the list goes on). I typically prefer it over my real techniques buffing brush however I do go back and forth from time to time. I will definitely repurchase, although I wish it was cheaper. I mean really, over 20 dollars for a SPONGE?! Where do they get off...

on 4/15/2015 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

As a huge sceptic of this overpriced pink sponge, I'm just going to say: this thing can make cement blend into your fave beautifully!!! I was very faithful to my Real Techniques orange sponge and still am (now my back up sponge), first tired this product with my KVD Lock It foundation and it definitely gives any foundation an amazing boost of a flawless finish. Obviously this is a sponge and not a magic wand so don't expect real-life Photoshop results but it's certainly worth the cost. Results look like amazing skin and not spackled make up cakes everywhere.

on 4/15/2015 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

GAME CHANGER!
Honestly can't believe I bought a 20 dollar sponge....but it is AMAZING I use it to apply my dr jart BB cream and also concealer. It's amazing, I used to just use my fingers for the BB cream and it was fine but the beauty blender really applies it amazingly. An airbrush finish and perfect for blending from the jawline into the neck. Fingers don't do it as flawlessly. I clean it after every use, I've only had it about one week so I can't say whether or not it gathers bacteria and causes breakouts. Hope not!!! I will update accordingly.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools