November 29, 2014 | 961 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - beautyblender - the sponge

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2014 6:27:00 PM More reviews by queenofthenile

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't do my makeup without this little gem. I've tried applying liquid foundation with some of the top rated brushes on MUA (Real Techniques Face Brush and Sephora Pro Flawless Airbrush #56) but my foundation always looks cakey and streaky. Applying it with my fingers gives me the same result. Not so with the BeautyBlender. This sponge leaves my makeup looking natural, even and flawless. The coverage is quite sheer to start with but can be built up easily. The only little thing that bothers me about this sponge is how difficult it is to clean it, even with the special cleanser. But other than that it's an absolutely wonderful product I will never be without.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2014 8:37:00 AM More reviews by Bexstar

I love this sponge so much that I would pay double what it's worth! Love love love

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2014 6:17:00 AM More reviews by Sugarnspice28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

As with a lot of other reviews regarding this product, I too was sceptical at the price of the product and hence held of buying. I saw a really good offer on Amazon where I got 2 sponges for 25. I am still on the fence about this product.

I have used it on a few occasions now but found it only works on some of my foundations. I used this with my True Match, Match Master and Makeup Forever HD and it worked well. Did not work well with my Maybelline Fit Me or MAC Face and Body.

Gives an overall smooth application BUT I have had to use a make up brush to buff in the foundation on occasions (True Match).

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2014 More reviews by mistyxrose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I couldn't stand this product after using it three times. I didn't like how the foundation just sat in the sponge - it just didn't look sanitary to me and I don't have time to wash it every time and wait for it to dry. Not to mention, the pink dye just kept running off whenever I washed it and that's something I don't want transferring onto my face. The application didn't amaze me either - I was so disappointed.

I've tried other beauty sponges before and my favourite one only cost me $5, so for $26, I expected more. Buying quality brushes I think is the way to go and will probably last longer. I won't be repurchasing it because there are better cosmetic applicators.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2014 11:01:00 AM More reviews by mitzigaynor15

I've had this sponge for about a year and I've used it many different ways in order to be able to write a comprehensive review on the product. I always begin with a clean sponge that has been soaked in clean water and wrung out but still damp. If I put liquid foundation on my hand and use the large end of the sponge to pick up product to apply to my face, it wastes foundation. It is also hard to clean all the excess foundation the sponge has soaked up. The best way to use the sponge for foundation application is to spread or dot the foundation around the face, then use the sponge to blend. I prefer using the larger side first, then I use the smaller end to blend around my nose, eyes, etc. Let the bounciness of the sponge help blend the foundation for you--don't rub too much with the sponge. The dampness of the sponge leaves your skin with a dewy finish. Another way I like to use this blender is to apply my liquid or cream foundation with my fingers, then use the damp sponge in a dotting motion to set it, leaving it with a dewy, fresh look. After use, I let the sponge dry until I get ready to use it the next time, then I wash it. The best cleanser for the sponge is liquid hand soap or diluted Dr. Bronner's castile soap. Make sure to rinse, rinse and rinse again as this baby sucks up a lot of soap.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/15/2014 4:56:00 AM More reviews by skygazer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm sorry, but this is FIRST time a MUA top pick disappointed me! I can't believe I paid top $$ for this sponge. I've used stipplied it slightly damp as described by many of the reviewers here, on powder foundation, liquid foundation and liquid concealer. There's so much product wastage, and the resulting coverage was so poor! Only concealer seems to apply OK (and not fantastic). I will NOT re-buy.

Returning to my Sigma F82 brush for foundation application..

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 12:30:00 PM More reviews by tiffloser

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Worth the money. I periodically buy/use other sponges and brushes, but I always end up coming back to this. It doesn't soak up all of your product and gives the smoothest finish. Will continue to buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2014 12:18:00 PM More reviews by RomanXI

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay...okay I caved about bought a £16 sponge. I thought it was just marketing and hype for YEARS I mean seriously...it's a sponge. But how wrong I was! It is a shame that everyone's idea of make up sponges are the £1 pieces of crap you can buy anywhere that soak in your foundation, make your skin blotchy and just do not work. This is a revolutionary product, as soon as I opened the package and felt it instantly I knew this is a superior product, it is very well made, very dense, does not feel cheap in the slightest. Very durable product too. As for foundation application, even, packs it into your skin densly so you can really can a flawless finish and can make it full coverage. It is well known but it will not work for water based foundation as they are too thin for sponges, anything liquid/creme/emollient is perfect though. 5/5

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2014 4:36:00 PM More reviews by Dromero03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

My first foundation sponge was of course none other then those white wedge sponges that at one point everyone including makeup artist used to apply foundation. When I realized that Prescriptives was selling a foundation brush, that was the first time I had ever tried one. So I bought it and used for over 10 years. When kabuki brushes came out, I knew I had to try that so I rushed out and got one as well. I used that one for about a year, but still was never satisfied with how my makeup ever looked with any of those foundation applicator tools. That is until I heard, bought and tried the beauty blender sponge.

Out of all the tools I have used in my life to apply my foundation and concealer, nothing has worked as well as my beauty blender. I cannot say enough about this product. This sponge works like magic. It makes my foundation go on smoothly, leaves no streaks behind and blends so amazingly. It literally gives you a flawless coverage to the point where if you stipple it, it hide your pores with your foundation that it gives you a porcelain like complexion! I know the famous makeup artist Wayne Goss says not to over do it with the perfect no pore complexion, but I just love the way it makes my face look.

However the only problem I have with this sponge is that it started breaking part only after a few months. I would of thought it would of lasted longer then 2-3 month worth of use. Note, I don't wear makeup everyday, so that really disappointed me!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2014 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Applehead09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Black

Worth the 20$. Dupes just don't give the same effect !