September 19, 2014 | 1856 users online

Liquid - Hourglass - Veil Fluid Makeup SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2012 11:53:00 AM More reviews by kpl30

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I really wanted to like this product, considering it's price! I went to Space NK looking for a better foundation and the sales assistants recommended me with this product, because of my acne-prone, super sensitive skin. They applied shade no4 Beige on my face, just after using the veil primer, and told me to look outside - it looked perfect and i actually looked flawless, so i decided to buy it.
However i tried it on myself at home without using the primer because i don't really like putting too much products on my face, and found the foundation to be a bit lighter than before. Also, after a few days i started to develop an allergic reaction to it so i stopped using it, and now my face is back to normal again. Maybe it was because i didn't add primer, but i don't have this reaction to any other foundation. Although it does have a very nice flawless, natural and silky feel, it does not suit with my skin :(

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2012 11:21:00 AM More reviews by Normcat

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love the foundation with the Primer. The colors are tricky. The Hourglass rep gave me 1.0 and a sample to try at home. It just isn't look right. I ordered 1.5 and that looks very natural and pretty. I am a NW20 in MAC. But the MAC Matchmaster is no match for the Hourglass.

I need to add that the foundation goes on best with a brush like BE Soft Focus. Hourglass sells it- their #2 - but the BE brush is just as effective and much less expensive.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/23/2012 3:48:00 PM More reviews by missglowstick

Colour Selection: There is barely any. Those of us with pale/light skin lost out on this one, because even the lightest shade has a noticeable tint of orange.
Texture: This initially goes on pretty nice, like a normal liquid foundation would. Not too difficult to blend. A few hours later, it turns into a simultaneously oily and flakey, cakey mess. Settles into every line and pore and makes skin look even worse than before you put this foundation on. No thanks.
Wear: Didn't even get 2 hours out of this before it failed on me.

Other cons: Expensive.

Will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2012 11:20:00 PM More reviews by Kimberlyj33110

It's great that this whole line is Vegan. Thats the only good thing going for this foundation.This particular product is awful, let me explain why. Color: All of the colors seem to have an orange cast, and even the "0" seemed dark for what should be a "0". I am a Mac NC25/MUFE 117-118/gGivenchy Photo Perfexion Perfect Praline, 1.5 was the shade that seemed to match closest. I wanted to try this because of all of the hype and rave reviews it got on the Sephora website. (Sometimes those reviews can be valuable, I always check MUA first and then Sephora Best Sellers; my theory is if alot of people buy it then there has to be a reason.) Texture/Formula The one word that sums up how it felt on my face is "Filmy". It seemed to sit on top of the surface, without sinking in and blending with my complexion. I gave it a shot 3 days in a row, each day I tried a different brush/moisterizer/primer. I found myself using 2 whole blot sheets midday. Not only that, but it broke me out slightly, and seemed to separate on my face throughout the day. (my skin used to be more on the combo/oily side BUT now that I use Retin-A I am more normal with the occasional dry patches which was under control when I tried this) I was horrified every time I looked in the mirror, but I wanted to give it a fair shot before I wrote a negative review. Price: USUALLY if you buy a foundation that costs $60, you at least get something a little better than your average L'oreal/Revlon. Not in this case. Not even worth $10. Revlon Colorstay is way better than this,which IMO is an average/decent-if applied correctly-DS foundation. I would like to try the primer from this line, I hopefully it's better than the foundation!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2012 8:19:00 PM More reviews by TyffaneeSue

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this at Sephora, steered by an SA who understood that I preferred natural ingredients and a natural look. When she did my makeup, it looked terrific!

Unfortunately, my experience with this product since then has been less than stellar. The pump started malfunctioning almost immediately, and about half the time I got only water for my efforts. The foundation itself is decent quality, but even if the pump weren't defective, not worth the pricetag.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/19/2011 10:35:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Because I absolute LOVE the Hourglass foundation primer, I felt I had to give the foundation a try. The product itself is okay but the colour selection - NOkay! Even the sales assistant had to admit that their colour choices are limited and most are too yellow or too dark for me (and I'm NW 20 in most MAC foundations, so not the lightest of the light and a fairly common skin tone). I'm glad I got a sample of this foundation rather than splashing out on the full size. The SA even said that if I wanted to switch to Hourglass foundation, my best bet would be to buy 2 shades and mix them. At these prices, I don't think so.... I'll be sticking with my wonderful Guerlain Lingerie de Peau (with Hourglass primer underneath!).

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2011 7:27:00 AM More reviews by LizW

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This foundation broke me out and irritated my skin. When I first put it on, I turned slightly red and felt hot and thought I must have turned the heating up too high but the effect just got worse over time. Same thing happened the next 3 times I used this.
But even worse, I have had the worst acne ever since using it - and it has only cleared up since turning back to my ELDW, MAC prolongwear and Lancome teinte idole ultra. If only I could find something like Lancome teinte idole ultra that had good staying power!!!
The search continues .... if you have sensitive or acne-prone skin, I would recommend trying a sample or two before purchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2011 1:03:00 PM More reviews by devrim

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm NC25 and 1.5 fit me perfectly. I liked the natural (slightly dewy) look and light feel of it but it broke me out terribly. I won't be purchasing the full size. It's overpriced anyway.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2011 11:32:00 PM More reviews by mikahsteele

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I obtained a sample of this from Sephora. I would not have picked this up on my own because I am unfamiliar with the line. Anyway, it went on very orange and it was the lightest shade. In addition, I do believe it may have broken me out. I'll pass on this product in the future.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2011 9:39:00 PM More reviews by kayaitch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Bought it after being steered to it by a sales rep at Sephora.

Very pricey. I've received many compliments about "how great" my skin looks but, frankly, I don't get it. Even after exfoliating and moisturizing, it's gone on and been dry and flakey around my nose.

I liked the shade (I got the lightest one) and it was a good match to my skin colour. It did separate from time to time so I won't be buying it again now that I've run out.