Hourglass Veil Fluid Makeup SPF 15

3.4

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5%, Octisalate 4.0%, Oxybenzone 3.0%. Inactive Ingredients: Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg 10/1 Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Glycerin, Glyceryl Behenate, Glyceryl Dibehenate, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Hexyl Laurate, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin, Isododecane, Isoeicosane, Macrocystic Pyrifera Extract, Magnesium Sulfate, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Phenoxyethanol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Potassium Sorbate, Propylene Carbonate, Pvp, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Silica, Sodium Benzoate, Tocopherylacetate, Tribehenin, Triethoxylcaprylylsilane, Water. May Contain (+/-): Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891).

on 2/23/2013 1:18:00 PM

I had high hopes for this foundation, and while the formula itself isn't bad the color is. I am very fair skinned with red undertones so in general it's difficult for me to find foundations that work. I got 3 different samples of the fairest shades they have, No. 0 Porcelain, No. 1 Ivory and No. 1.5 Nude. When I first put on the No. 0 Porcelain it seemed to be blending nicely into my skin, until I finished up and saw an orange line of demarcation where the foundation ended and my natural skin started. Not just a line but straight up orange, I couldn't believe it! And of course the other 2 colors were too dark for my skin as well. I do have to say that the company itself is amazing!! I was given very generous samples of the foundation as well as their primer, all recommended to me based on my skin type. Because of this I'll definitely be looking into some of the other products they carry and hope to have better results with them!

on 12/28/2012 7:41:00 AM

Does not set and remains wet. Turned much deeper orange in under an hour on the face. It's unwearable. I have dry combo skin. I wouldn't rec this to anyone.

on 11/13/2012 7:22:00 PM

LADIES PLEASE NOTE!!!... You do NOT need to apply a primer before applying this foundation-it is already built in! I just got back from Sephora and that is what the ladies tell me. Thus far, I am really impressed with the quality and coverage of the makeup. It did look a little caked on some spots but I think its because I need to exfoliate, its been a while. When applied correctly, I think everyone will have great results too. My skin looks younger, fresher with a "dewy" look-something I never had when I wore loose powder, so the change is nice. It is really expensive but I hope it lasts a while to off set the cost.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I purchased this product in hopes of it being amazing. I have moderately dry skin and after reading reviews on Sephora's website I decided to purchase this foundation. The texture is great the coverage is good.That being said I had to get a new bottle because the first time I used it the bottle was leaking product out of the back of it .After wearing for about 1hr. it started to melt off of my face. It transfers very easily and even though I used a primer (Hourglass) and a setting powder. This foundation was a huge disappointment for me It is NOT worth the $. I really wanted to love this because it is vegan and has no harsh chemicals.

on 8/28/2012 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Yuck! Not a "veil" at all, more like a sticky wet blanket. Sat on top of the skin and somehow made me look both greasy and flaky at the same time. Lightest color was still too dark and came out orangey. Everything I put on top of it - blush and highlight - was gone within an hour or two, which is definitely never a problem with my dry skin. I don't know who this works for but it definitely wasn't me.

on 8/6/2012 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

smells strongly of sunscreen... makes me breakout/react all over my face. consistency is medium coverage. would not repurchase.

on 7/25/2012 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Where to start with this foundation...
I have been looking for a light-feeling, natural looking, long-lasting liquid foundation that wouldn't irritate my skin. Maybe I asked for too much, or maybe my skin is a lot more sensitive than I thought, but this was an epic fail, especially considering the price tag.
The SA at Sephora told me this was the best, looked natural, lasted all day long and was actually good for the skin. When I saw the price, foolish me believed it meant the product was of superior quality and bought it. Now, I tried applying this both with my regular primer and with the Hourglass Veil primer.
What happens is that it doesn't look amazing, but looks alright when you first put it on. I thought it would get better throughout the day as it wears, but it ended up sitting on the surface and going crocodile-like all over areas of my face that weren't dry in the first place.
However, the weird thing is that this foundation looked better in natural light than in artificial light? Also, I have normal to dry skin, so normally wear is not an issue for me with makeup. When I put something on, it stays on: not with this.
I talk a lot and I smile a lot during the day (I don't touch my face though) and this foundation was gone completely off the sides of my mouth and around my nose within 2 hours.
All in, this was not a good foundation for me, at all. Nothing natural or special about it, burnt when I put it on, got a few pimples, and doesn't last on dry skin? COME ON!

on 7/6/2012 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this product, considering it's price! I went to Space NK looking for a better foundation and the sales assistants recommended me with this product, because of my acne-prone, super sensitive skin. They applied shade no4 Beige on my face, just after using the veil primer, and told me to look outside - it looked perfect and i actually looked flawless, so i decided to buy it.
However i tried it on myself at home without using the primer because i don't really like putting too much products on my face, and found the foundation to be a bit lighter than before. Also, after a few days i started to develop an allergic reaction to it so i stopped using it, and now my face is back to normal again. Maybe it was because i didn't add primer, but i don't have this reaction to any other foundation. Although it does have a very nice flawless, natural and silky feel, it does not suit with my skin :(

on 5/16/2012 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Love the foundation with the Primer. The colors are tricky. The Hourglass rep gave me 1.0 and a sample to try at home. It just isn't look right. I ordered 1.5 and that looks very natural and pretty. I am a NW20 in MAC. But the MAC Matchmaster is no match for the Hourglass.

I need to add that the foundation goes on best with a brush like BE Soft Focus. Hourglass sells it- their #2 - but the BE brush is just as effective and much less expensive.

Colour Selection: There is barely any. Those of us with pale/light skin lost out on this one, because even the lightest shade has a noticeable tint of orange.
Texture: This initially goes on pretty nice, like a normal liquid foundation would. Not too difficult to blend. A few hours later, it turns into a simultaneously oily and flakey, cakey mess. Settles into every line and pore and makes skin look even worse than before you put this foundation on. No thanks.
Wear: Didn't even get 2 hours out of this before it failed on me.

Other cons: Expensive.