Hourglass Veil Fluid Makeup SPF 15

3.4

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate 7.5%, Octisalate 4.0%, Oxybenzone 3.0%. Inactive Ingredients: Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg 10/1 Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Glycerin, Glyceryl Behenate, Glyceryl Dibehenate, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Hexyl Laurate, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin, Isododecane, Isoeicosane, Macrocystic Pyrifera Extract, Magnesium Sulfate, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Phenoxyethanol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Potassium Sorbate, Propylene Carbonate, Pvp, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, Silica, Sodium Benzoate, Tocopherylacetate, Tribehenin, Triethoxylcaprylylsilane, Water. May Contain (+/-): Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891).

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I purchased this product in hopes of it being amazing. I have moderately dry skin and after reading reviews on Sephora's website I decided to purchase this foundation. The texture is great the coverage is good.That being said I had to get a new bottle because the first time I used it the bottle was leaking product out of the back of it .After wearing for about 1hr. it started to melt off of my face. It transfers very easily and even though I used a primer (Hourglass) and a setting powder. This foundation was a huge disappointment for me It is NOT worth the $. I really wanted to love this because it is vegan and has no harsh chemicals.

on 8/28/2012 10:54:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Yuck! Not a "veil" at all, more like a sticky wet blanket. Sat on top of the skin and somehow made me look both greasy and flaky at the same time. Lightest color was still too dark and came out orangey. Everything I put on top of it - blush and highlight - was gone within an hour or two, which is definitely never a problem with my dry skin. I don't know who this works for but it definitely wasn't me.

on 8/6/2012 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

smells strongly of sunscreen... makes me breakout/react all over my face. consistency is medium coverage. would not repurchase.

on 7/25/2012 11:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Where to start with this foundation...
I have been looking for a light-feeling, natural looking, long-lasting liquid foundation that wouldn't irritate my skin. Maybe I asked for too much, or maybe my skin is a lot more sensitive than I thought, but this was an epic fail, especially considering the price tag.
The SA at Sephora told me this was the best, looked natural, lasted all day long and was actually good for the skin. When I saw the price, foolish me believed it meant the product was of superior quality and bought it. Now, I tried applying this both with my regular primer and with the Hourglass Veil primer.
What happens is that it doesn't look amazing, but looks alright when you first put it on. I thought it would get better throughout the day as it wears, but it ended up sitting on the surface and going crocodile-like all over areas of my face that weren't dry in the first place.
However, the weird thing is that this foundation looked better in natural light than in artificial light? Also, I have normal to dry skin, so normally wear is not an issue for me with makeup. When I put something on, it stays on: not with this.
I talk a lot and I smile a lot during the day (I don't touch my face though) and this foundation was gone completely off the sides of my mouth and around my nose within 2 hours.
All in, this was not a good foundation for me, at all. Nothing natural or special about it, burnt when I put it on, got a few pimples, and doesn't last on dry skin? COME ON!

on 7/6/2012 11:53:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really wanted to like this product, considering it's price! I went to Space NK looking for a better foundation and the sales assistants recommended me with this product, because of my acne-prone, super sensitive skin. They applied shade no4 Beige on my face, just after using the veil primer, and told me to look outside - it looked perfect and i actually looked flawless, so i decided to buy it.
However i tried it on myself at home without using the primer because i don't really like putting too much products on my face, and found the foundation to be a bit lighter than before. Also, after a few days i started to develop an allergic reaction to it so i stopped using it, and now my face is back to normal again. Maybe it was because i didn't add primer, but i don't have this reaction to any other foundation. Although it does have a very nice flawless, natural and silky feel, it does not suit with my skin :(

on 5/16/2012 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Love the foundation with the Primer. The colors are tricky. The Hourglass rep gave me 1.0 and a sample to try at home. It just isn't look right. I ordered 1.5 and that looks very natural and pretty. I am a NW20 in MAC. But the MAC Matchmaster is no match for the Hourglass.

I need to add that the foundation goes on best with a brush like BE Soft Focus. Hourglass sells it- their #2 - but the BE brush is just as effective and much less expensive.

Colour Selection: There is barely any. Those of us with pale/light skin lost out on this one, because even the lightest shade has a noticeable tint of orange.
Texture: This initially goes on pretty nice, like a normal liquid foundation would. Not too difficult to blend. A few hours later, it turns into a simultaneously oily and flakey, cakey mess. Settles into every line and pore and makes skin look even worse than before you put this foundation on. No thanks.
Wear: Didn't even get 2 hours out of this before it failed on me.

Other cons: Expensive.

Will not repurchase.

It's great that this whole line is Vegan. Thats the only good thing going for this foundation.This particular product is awful, let me explain why. Color: All of the colors seem to have an orange cast, and even the "0" seemed dark for what should be a "0". I am a Mac NC25/MUFE 117-118/gGivenchy Photo Perfexion Perfect Praline, 1.5 was the shade that seemed to match closest. I wanted to try this because of all of the hype and rave reviews it got on the Sephora website. (Sometimes those reviews can be valuable, I always check MUA first and then Sephora Best Sellers; my theory is if alot of people buy it then there has to be a reason.) Texture/Formula The one word that sums up how it felt on my face is "Filmy". It seemed to sit on top of the surface, without sinking in and blending with my complexion. I gave it a shot 3 days in a row, each day I tried a different brush/moisterizer/primer. I found myself using 2 whole blot sheets midday. Not only that, but it broke me out slightly, and seemed to separate on my face throughout the day. (my skin used to be more on the combo/oily side BUT now that I use Retin-A I am more normal with the occasional dry patches which was under control when I tried this) I was horrified every time I looked in the mirror, but I wanted to give it a fair shot before I wrote a negative review. Price: USUALLY if you buy a foundation that costs $60, you at least get something a little better than your average L'oreal/Revlon. Not in this case. Not even worth $10. Revlon Colorstay is way better than this,which IMO is an average/decent-if applied correctly-DS foundation. I would like to try the primer from this line, I hopefully it's better than the foundation!

on 3/8/2012 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this at Sephora, steered by an SA who understood that I preferred natural ingredients and a natural look. When she did my makeup, it looked terrific!

Unfortunately, my experience with this product since then has been less than stellar. The pump started malfunctioning almost immediately, and about half the time I got only water for my efforts. The foundation itself is decent quality, but even if the pump weren't defective, not worth the pricetag.

on 12/19/2011 10:35:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Because I absolute LOVE the Hourglass foundation primer, I felt I had to give the foundation a try. The product itself is okay but the colour selection - NOkay! Even the sales assistant had to admit that their colour choices are limited and most are too yellow or too dark for me (and I'm NW 20 in most MAC foundations, so not the lightest of the light and a fairly common skin tone). I'm glad I got a sample of this foundation rather than splashing out on the full size. The SA even said that if I wanted to switch to Hourglass foundation, my best bet would be to buy 2 shades and mix them. At these prices, I don't think so.... I'll be sticking with my wonderful Guerlain Lingerie de Peau (with Hourglass primer underneath!).