October 23, 2014 | 830 users online

Samples - Everyday Minerals - Free Sample Makeup Kit [DISCONTINUED/REPLACED]

image 0image 1image 2

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 5/21/2009 5:20:00 AM More reviews by nessamonti

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't know what happened to EDM... I'm not that type that always have some concern, usually the kind of person who likes everything... But everyday minerals makes my skin so ugly! I hate the coverage, makes me so artificial and doesn't cover my blemishes. Actually, I ordered another one sample kit, now I will try my tone in intensive. I really hope change my mind. Just one more thing: it breaks me out! :(

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2009 4:18:00 PM More reviews by greengoddess11

You honestly can't go wrong with Everyday Minerals! The price is right and these are the best minerals I have come acrossed. AMAZING! I get a free sample kit every time I order from Everyday Minerals, it's a great way to try new shades and products. HIGHLY recommend trying Everyday Minerals out!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2009 7:15:00 PM More reviews by lovelyday

After coming across this line via Youtube and hearing about al the raves, I quickly jumped on the bandwagon and ordered myself a free 5 piece sample kit. The kit includes the option to choose 3 foundation bases, 1 concealer and 1 blush. The kit is a great way to test out the what seems like endless options to find the colors and formulas right for you. After my third sample set, I've finally settled on both my foundation and formulation for my base and also have a good idea of how the blush colors wear on my skin type.

It is hard to buy makeup you can't see in person, but Everyday Minerals has made it accessible and affordable to try their line. I've been thoroughly happy with the quality of product and love that I won't have to pay department store prices for my makeup any longer!

I will definitely be order their full sizes and appreciate their great service and generousity.

Highly recommend trying their free sample kit and just pay the small shipping fee.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2009 7:02:00 PM More reviews by iguanawanna

This kit is an amazing steal. All you have to pay for is $3 and some change for shipping and you get 5 colors in super cute containers! I ordered mine last Saturday, and I got my kit in the mail a week later. I'm an NC40 in MAC StudioFix, and I find that the Olive Medium shades are working really well for me (I mixed the original glo and intensive versions of this shade). I would say it's a perfect match--I don't get the pinky-beige cast that BE's Medium/Medium Tan combo did, and I don't get orange-y either (which I've encountered a bit with Prescriptives' Multifinish Powder Foundation, MAC MSF in Medium Plus, and StudioFix).
    The product feels more powdery and less-creamy than BE, but the finish is nice and natural looking. The intensive and glo combo gives me thicker coverage, which helps cover my acne scars and pigment spots. However the glo adds a nice bit of sheen--no super-powdery look.
    I'm giving this 5 lippies for the shade match and price. I think I'm going to have to buy this as soon as I run out of my liquid foundation. Heck, I'm gonna order the full-sized versions now!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2009 10:53:00 PM More reviews by KrisCakes18

The foundation turned my skin into an oil slick, and I do not have very oily skin. But, I did like the blusher, New Car Smell. It's very pretty and not too shimmery. Overall I probably would not buy this again, but it may work for someone with very dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2009 5:26:00 PM More reviews by gymnast928

I ordered my free samples and also paid for a sample size of coutryside (shimmering dark brown eyeshadow)
    First off it got to my home in a matter of 4 days (2 being saturday and sunday) and I just used it for the first time and am THRILLED. I've used other mineral makeup before (Drugstore Loreal and sheer cover) so I know my skin handles them well, but everyday minerals is my new favorite (SC worked well it is just very expensive. 90$ for a 3 month supply that maybe lasted me 2)

Anyway Everyday minerals worked well for me, I got intensive fair concealer, light olive, fairly light neutral and linen matte bases. Light olive is easily the best one for my skin tone I was just a little unsure when I bought them which is whats amazing about the samples. They ARE small but this allows you to find your color before commiting to a purchase. I also recieved soft touch blush which I LOVE.
    The coutryside eyeshadow is by far my favorite though, I have been looking for a PRETTY non matte brown shadow for a while that doesn't cost a fortune (basically I usually stick to drugstore brands unless I see something thats must have) and it's gorgeous! just the right amount of shimmer and it blends very well with my gold shadow.

Overall Im extremely happy and will probably end up purchasing the regular sizes

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2009 6:46:00 PM More reviews by alisoncooks

For anyone considering mineral makeup, this is THE WAY to go! You can't get much better than FREE (+ shipping, which is only like $3 domestically). The products are the cutest little samples. Not in baggies, like many mineral companies, but in actual little sifter containers (about quarter sized). You get 3 foundations, one concealer, and one blush (your choice so you can try out different shades). You can order this over and over again, though only one per order. I strongly suggest investing in the baby or long handled kabuki for applying this makeup.

Extremely generous samples and ultimately a great value for the money!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2009 2:50:00 PM More reviews by chococat05

I wanted to try out EDM (EverydayMinerals) fdt. So, I got the free sample kit. I ordered Olive- light olive, golden medium and Golden- winged butter (all base in intensive formula) and the intensive medium concealer to try out.
    I tried out Golden Medium first b/c that's the color someone suggested for NC 30 but it was too dark. Minutes passed the color changed to a almost a orangey color. So, I know that wasn't the color. I moved on to Winged Butter. At first I thought it was too light but it's almost perfect for my skin tone when first applied. However, like the Golden Medium, it became darker(very yellow) after several min. The only one that didn't change too much color was the concealer but it was too pink for my skin tone. Now, it seems to me that all the powder intensifies in hue minutes after it is applied for me.
    Here's an explanation about why the MMU intensifies in color (from MakeupTalk)

"Your foundation isn't oxidizing. the pigments used in mineral makeups are metal oxides....titanium dioxide, iron oxides and zinc oxide. These are already oxidized.
    Everyones skin is acidic.....the pH of skin is between 4.2 and 5.6.....so this has nothing to do with why your foundation turns orange.
    Mineral makeups usually contain no wetting agents (liquids like cyclomethicone, mineral oil, esters, triglycerides...or stuff like sorbitan sesquioleate). Becasue the pigments aren't "wet out" the sebum from your pores, your liquid primer....or even the oils in your moisturizer can intensify the color of the pigments....
    Yellow iron oxide is the one that seems to be easier to wet out than the other pigments (this I know from making pigments grinds). So it seems to make sense that it would be the easiest for your sebum to wet out. Your skin doesn't need to be really oily for that to happen...
    If you wash your face before you apply the makeup....you are stripping it of most of the sebum. So your face probably has less oil on it when you put your makeup on. Throughout the day your sebaceous glands are pumping out sebum....eventually enough will accumulate on your face and the pigments in your makeup will look more intense....." continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 4/29/2009 1:56:00 PM More reviews by nhuhong

I ordered the sample a couple months ago, and I still haven't received it!! :( I've repeatedly tried to contact customer service but have yet to receive a response. At this point, I'm just hoping to get a hold of SOMEONE so that I can at least get my shipping money refunded. *teardrop* BEWARE!!! This offer is a scam!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2009 6:45:00 PM More reviews by christinexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this sample kit! It's great that they offer this because there are so many choices especially foundation choices, and it will take awhile until you find the perfect match. I wish they would give you an option to pick either an eyeshadow or finishing powder. Overall, it's a great buy! I highly recommend it for people who want to wear mineral makeup.