September 30, 2014 | 1861 users online

Cleansers - Mario Badescu - Acne Facial Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2011 12:32:00 PM More reviews by stikfigyr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Gentle, effective cleanser. Natural ingredients; pleasant herbal smell. reminds me of Aveda's outer peace cleanser, although this product is a gel. Doesn't irritate my skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2011 12:39:00 PM More reviews by fabulyss

I prefer MB's Enzyme Cleansing Gel. This product did not do anything to heal existing breakouts nor did it prevent my monthly hormonal acne. It doesn't remove makeup very well so I often have to cleanse twice (perhaps that's why it does nothing to prevent my acne?).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2011 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Shoppingisasport

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Great acne cleanser. I was not able to use it for very long because I only received a sample. I used it for about two weeks and it cleared up my skin and left it feeling smooth. It's affordable in comparison to some other brands, only $15.00 for a full size bottle. Hard to find, though. I got it at Ulta and as far I know that is one of the only stores that carries it. Did not cause any additional breakouts. Didn't aggravate my skin or make me oilier. I'm not a fan of the smell but it's something I am willing to overlook for the results it gave. I'm considering purchasing it again when I run out of my favorite Bioelements cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2011 2:36:00 PM More reviews by sll74

this is one of 3 mario badescu cleansers that i use. it works good and combined with all my other skin care habits i think this cleanser does help with keeping my skin clearer. it's not stinging and heavily medicinal. i think it relies on more natural ingredients for acne which is fine for me. i tend to like my cleansers to be more gentle and use stronger products that remain on my face. overall i like having this in my arsenal.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2011 11:57:00 AM More reviews by knicks

This is my HG cleaner. This is the only cleaner that stopped my breakout. I have finally found my skin care regime. I was on the fence before deciding to see a dermatologist. I was suffering from cystic acne for a year. Now my skin has cleared, all that is left is just mild acne scarring and it's been six months.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2011 7:24:00 PM More reviews by marippe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

i switch this with the mario badescu botanical facial gel so i'm not going through it so quickly.. it's another gel cleanser so it is kind of weird for me to get used to at first, but it leaves my skin feeling super clean &refreshed. i have noticed a slight decrease in my acne so that's always a plus! i got the $8 small size at ulta and will probably look into getting the full size once i run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2011 12:46:00 AM More reviews by priscillaaa

I'm actually unsure as if I would buy this product again..

I've tried multiple, multiple cleansers, and to be completely honest, I have no idea if they actually work or not.. I still get break outs.

I have combination skin that is acne prone.
I don't get extra breakouts from this, but this doesn't completely stop my breakouts.
I believe this is because my breakouts aren't from dirt or my oils clogging up my pores, but more of a stress and hormonal type of pimples.

It doesn't dry my skin out, and is very gentle.
I was very weirded out at first when it didn't foam because I've never used a cleanser that hasn't foamed.
It leaves my skin feeling clean.

The packaging could be better, I wish it was a pump!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2011 10:28:00 PM More reviews by nadi1010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

A couple of years ago, my skin was a mess. It was cold and dry in the Midwest winter, and my skin was flaking as a result. It was also breaking out...so yes, breakouts with dryness. I got a sample of this and used it, and guess what? My skin cleared up. No more flaking, no more breakouts. My guess is if you have real "acne", then you would need something stronger. But anyone with combination skin will benefit from this because the salicylic acid helps to stop mild breakouts, and the aloe and hylaronic acid soothes. I love it, it's a total HG for me!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/6/2011 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Rowellty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Bought this at Ulta and HATED IT! It dried out my skin terribly and did not help with ANY acne issues. Will not buy again...do not even waste your time and money.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2010 4:22:00 PM More reviews by bobes

i can not live w/o this cleanser. when i order from the site, i buy at least 3 at a time. i was dealing with horrible chin and nose area breakouts. i was desperately looking for something to help my skin. when i started using this cleanser, it made such a difference. it cleans (no foaming) without drying. once when i ran out, i went to sephora and bought a murad cleanser. my skin broke out and i couldnt' wait to get my MB acne cleanser! this cleanser really made me a believer of mario badescu products and now i use so many of them.
i think the price is good, and wish they would make a bigger bottle size!