The Body Shop Almond Body Butter

4.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Cyclomethicone, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Glycerin, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Butter, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Lanolin Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Xanthan Gum, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Limonene, Benzyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Coumarin, Sodium Hydroxide, Methyl 2-Octynoate, Geraniol, Caramel.

on 4/20/2010 4:14:00 AM

Like many other reviewers have mentioned this is a fantastic body butter. Great scent, texture and very moisturizing. Works wonders on my dry winter skin.

on 4/20/2010 2:40:00 AM

Very rich butter. Quite oily so its not so quick absorbing. Sometimes it feels like it sits on top because when I shower in the evening I can feel that its slippery on my skin. Nevertheless it does the job pretty well. I would only recommend it for winter. It helps when I have eczema patches in winter.

The smell is lovely and the texture is divine. Would buy it again only once I try all the other TBS butters.

on 2/23/2010 8:45:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

(0 - 5 points, 5 = excellent, 0 = very bad)
texture: 4
feeling on skin: 5
moisturizing*: 5
sinking into the skin: 4
smell: 5
packaging**: 5
TOTAL POINTS: 28 of 30 = excellent

* according to the skintype it's supposed to suit
** Can you get out the very last drop?

This is absolutely suitable for dry skin! It's is a very rich body butter, so you don't need much of it. I like to use it in the winter. This stuff smells sooo good, it's the most natural smell of marzipan I ever smelt! My boyfriend uses it too. ;)

on 1/1/2010 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

The smell is okay but I got sick of it easily. Luckily I had the smaller size of it. Very moisturizing though, nice texture.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

for some reason, here in the UK they have taken this out of their permanent range, so this is a sale item along with their lovely Peach, Blueberry, Rasberry and some others. so when i finally saw this again, and at the price of 5, i grabbed it with both hands.
firstly the smell, is GORGEOUS and is like a drug to me at the moment. it is completely true to the actual almond smell and is so sweet and lifts my mood instantly.
the moisturisation is great, but i must say if applied very liberally, can be a bit too much. when i used this 2 years ago, i used to apply liberally and ended up with a break-out on my back, but i am not sure if it was from the butter but either way i found that it is much better to apply very lightly as this really goes a long way when applied very lightly in both scent and moisture.
LOVELY butter!

on 11/29/2009 2:28:00 AM

This body butter is moisturizing but it smells TERRIBLE.
I have used the body butters in other scents but never tried this one until today. I received this in a swap, so I am glad I did not pay retail for it!

on 8/29/2009 2:13:00 PM

One of my favourite body creams! I love its beautiful and discreet scent...when I need extra hydration, I just add a few drops of almond oil and the result is amazing! I have used most of the body butters from the Body Shop but this is undeniably my favourite one!!!

on 5/4/2009 12:32:00 PM

I have tried a lotof the Body Shop body butters and this is maybe no 2 or 3 in my top picks (after brazil nut and moringa). It has the usual good qualities - rich and creamy, not too sticky, absorbs well.
A slight minus point in that I find the scent a tad overpowering. Almond is nice but after using I am left feeling as though I've covered myself in marzipan!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love this body butter!
Its my first body butter of TBS and i really love it!
It is very smooth, only in summer make sure you keep it somewhere cool (in a closet) otherwise it will become greasy!

on 1/4/2009 9:33:00 AM

Love this! Smells fab, I only use at night as too rich for the day but wake up to extra soft skin. Half price at the moment so I've stocked up!

Popular Lotions / Creams