November 23, 2014 | 1036 users online

Mascara - Avon - Wash off Waterproof mascara

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2011 7:47:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I personally don't like using this mascara for my top lashes as it doesn't add enough length or volume. I do like using this mascara for my bottom lashes as it provides colour and definition to my tiny bottom lashes. It stays all day without flaking or smudging, plus washes off easily.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2011 1:57:00 AM More reviews by myhoneyhoney

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Tested this mascara today at a waterpark. Now this did minimal lengthening and volumizing by it did stay on all day with very little flaking and absolutely no running. Wooo, a waterproof mascara that doesn't give me raccoon eyes or make me look like I splattered black stuff all over my eyes! When I got home I washed it off using my regular Alpha Hydrox face wash and most of it did come off. Considering the how this cost pretty much the same as your drugstore mascaras, I'm impressed! I will be purchasing it again once I'm out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2011 2:10:00 AM More reviews by dbnsjsmom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have used supposedly "wash-off" waterproof in the past and was sorely disappointed. I decided to try Avon's version since warmer (and sweatier) weather is upon us. I wasn't expecting much, because the ones I tried before took a jackhammer and paint-thinner to remove, and flaked all over my face like some creepy black dandruff 5 minutes after I put it on. This time though, it lived up to it's name! The mascara gives me full, lush lashes, stays on all day, and washes off with my regular face wash with no problems (or heavy equipment). My only complaint is that I can't find it on Avon anymore, and have to buy it from Ebay.....otherwise, it's an awesome product!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2011 8:11:00 AM More reviews by hazel88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this mascara does what it says, it washes off, its waterproof and it makes your eyelashes the color you choose. it is an average mascara. i found it to be a bit heavy and clumped on my eyelashes more than other mascaras. its cheap enough to give it a try, but i would look elsewhere for a better mascara.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2011 7:05:00 PM More reviews by mudpud

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This mascara is so close, but not *quite* there for me. The best part of it is that there is no irritation to my sensitive, dry eyes. A rarity. Truly, truly a rarity for me. Another is the cheap price tag: $6.50 at regular price and around $2 when it goes on sale. The formula is thin and wet, which makes it possible to apply several coats w/o clumping or getting spider eyes. The drawback is that I tend to get it all over my lids and the use of a q-tip is necessary for clean-up. The brush itself is medium-sized w/ bristles that are stiff and far apart. It's very easy to handle (I don't do well w/ those gigantic "teddy bear" wands). When I back up from the mirror and take a look at my face after application, my lashes look darker, longer, and slightly thicker at the base; just more defined and "better." It's not a dramatic look, but it's not so super-natural that it looks the same as your bare lashes. It also holds up very well throughout the day and this is coming from a person who's [Asian] eye shape and lashes that point straight down virtually guarantee smudging along the outer/lower lashline, even after curling my lashes. Speaking of lash curling, this wilts the curl a tiny bit, which surprised me as most waterproof formulas hold curl VERY well. Removal at the end of the day is...messy. Most mascaras, even w/p, come off in one gentle swipe after a few seconds of holding a remover-soaked pad over my closed eyes. This one takes several swipes, mostly b/c the mascara comes off in little bits (much like a tubing mascara would) and you're spending a lot of time chasing those bits around your face. This is annoying to me and possibly problematic for contact lens wearers. Overall, though, this is a definite repurchase--just not quite HG status. **UPDATE 8/21/11: I've discovered that the removal process is much easier and "cleaner" if you just use your regular facial cleanser and water. Skip the w/p eye makeup remover, as this is what makes the mascara crumble. In other words, the name of this mascara is extremely appropriate.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2011 9:31:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I was younger I really hated this mascara, because it was watery and made my lashes hard. I got this free with purchase from avon so I gave it a try. I like it alot now than i did when i was younger. Its because the water material made my lashes crunchy, it seems to have an improved formula. Its still a watery when first applied with a soft natural feel, I wore this on the day it snowed here, and my lashes didnt budge while my eyeliner faded. Its a good basic mascara but im more gravited towards volumizing mascaras, so probably wont purchase unless its free again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2010 4:17:00 PM More reviews by LaceyH

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

price for this was super cheap, only a couple dollars

packaging was good, i guess-- i have no complaints, and the wand was average

as far as making my lashes looking good, this did great. applied 2 coats without allowing it to dry in between, and got volume without clumps

however, my complaint is that it was a b*tch to wash off! what happened to WASH-OFF waterproof? i use target's make-up removing towelettes, and they work great on everything else, even on long lasting foundation, but not on this. if i'd wanted mascara that would be difficult to remove, i'd have just bought regular waterproof mascara!

will not be repurchasing, but i like it well enough to use it during my summertime swimming

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2010 1:17:00 PM More reviews by steskey

Perfect... my lashes look full and soft without looking fake. It stays on all day and can withstand a fair amount of rubbing. Even if I rub too much it doesn't really smudge, it just flakes off a bit and can be easily brushed away. I haven't tested this at the pool or anything so I can't say for sure if it's 100% waterproof, but I'm seriously impressed. Comes off easily with ordinary makeup remover. Really good price and NO ANIMAL TESTING. HG HG HG.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2010 2:39:00 AM More reviews by kjjamm808

BEST mascara ever and this comes from someone who is very picky and has sensitive eyes. Stays on all day, comes off easily and I think it has even made my lashes fuller. This is the ONE mascara for me! :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2010 11:42:00 PM More reviews by xyogii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this mascara! I got it from my aunt a while back since she sells avon. It is kinda watery, but it doesn't bleed or smear. It thickens and darkens my lashes, and i love that! It is very waterproof, so i need to use alot of remover to get it off. But I do recommend it, it is amazing!