October 24, 2014 | 910 users online

Deodorants - Dove - Ultimate Clear Cool Essentials Anti-perspirant Deodorant

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2009 6:17:00 PM More reviews by sharee20

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i really like this, it keeps sweat and smell competely away. it gives me smooth underarms and has a nice very light cucumber scent that soon fades. 2.8oz

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2009 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Kairin

I think this is the right brand of Dove deodorant. It's the one guaranteed making your underarms smoother and more even tone in 5 days, right? I think it looks like it. Cucumber and Melon or something like that...

Well anyways they didn't lie about the smoother and more even tone underarms. My underarms were flawless when I used this and I might go back to it because of that. Also goes on clear and stays on underarms.

For the keeping you from sweating part, my underarms laugh at it. It doesn't help at all. Still was sweaty when I used it. Oh well. :-/

Since I just need a smoothing deodorant after my Certain Dri, I'd buy it again since it did a wonderful job at smoothing them. That's it though.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2009 2:13:00 AM More reviews by orch_id

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

mmmm...the scent is so yummy! i dont have any problems with sweating through my deodorant when i use this stuff and i smell nice through out the day. it does leave white marks on any clothes that come in contact with it, so i try to make sure to put on doedorant after i have put on my final selection for my outfit for the day. also does not irritate freshly shaven skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2009 10:54:00 AM More reviews by luckylauram

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My armpits are really sensitive and can get dried out or get red bumps. This totally soothed them and worked well. The only reason I wouldn't get this again is because after a day the smell seemed fake and got kind of funky. I found that Secrets flawless never ever lets you smell, doesn't smell fake and is almost as soothing. So now I buy the secret flawless with olay instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2009 6:43:00 PM More reviews by Gardenia24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i like this in the radiant silk scent. doesn't irritate my underarms after shaving, keeps me dry, and, if i do sweat, it smells good, too! can usually find a 'buy 2 save 2$' kind of coupon in the paper every few months. great stuff, won't use anything else.

pros: gentle to skin, even right after shaving
cons: even though it's clear, white stuff can show up on clothes. be careful when dressing, ladies!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2009 7:17:00 PM More reviews by BrittyG

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love Dove deoderant. It makes my underarms so soft and smooth and eliminates razor burn. It also smells great and keeps me fresh and dry. However.. I do HATE that it gets white EVERYWHERE! It is supposedly clear, but it's really not. It leaves white streaks all over on the inside of my shirt and outside if I apply it before getting dressed. Overall this is good as long as you are careful not to get it everywhere..

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2009 6:45:00 PM More reviews by TinkPink808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this. Smells great. I been using dove deoderant for years. Works great on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2009 3:39:00 PM More reviews by hathor2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It smells wonderful. The cucumber and green tea combination makes the scent on the citrus side but very mild and gentle. The product has the same consistency of secret's stick deodorant only slightly softer. The dove ultimate clear cool essentials slides on more smoothly than my secret stick deodorant did. It also gets absorbed by my skin quickly. It only takes a few wipes on each under arm as well.

Dove claims that it moisturizes, it certainly does. My under arm skin is much smoother and since I don't wax and merely shave, I have a few goose bumps. I credit this product for softening and smooths out my goose pimples under my arm. I have no real problem with under arm discoloration neither does dove claim to whiten arm pits, but because dove's deo smoothened my goose bumps, it's possible, that there is less goose pimples to cast shadows to make my under arm seem darker than the rest of my arm. All I know is that I have smoother and more even colored arm pits.

Dove say's "keeps the deodorant right where it should be-on your skin, not on clothes...", This part is not true in my case. I still get the white straight streaks on my dark clothes even if I wait awhile for it to dry and it dries quickly. (I roll up or fold up my t-shirts before wearing them so I get white streaks of deodorant instead of wiping off the deodorant all over the sides of my shirt.) The streaks on my clothes are difficult to remove, too. After my machine does its spin, I have to handwash the part of my blouse where the streaks are to take it out, which I suppose is logical since the product is supposed to stop wetness. Worse of it is, which is my fault, I've ruined a couple of t-shirts that way, I have t-shirts here that have discolored arm pits from trying to bleach off sticky slick deodorant.

About wetness, it's possible that there are times of the month that my perspiration is more acidic than normal, but using the same product, applying the same amount or sliding the stick on my arm pits the same number of times can control sweat sometimes NOT. So the 24 hour sweat control is if-ey. When my sweat does break through though it's as though I had no deodorant in the first place so I don't get that white squiggly lines that look like an islands under my arms on my clothes

But I like the smell and the moisturizing part so I keep buying it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2008 12:42:00 AM More reviews by abs0lutelyfab

So fantastic. Goes on smoothly, but you still have to be careful about deoderant lines on your clothes. Sounds funny, but moving your arms back and forth a few times before putting on your shirt seems to do the trick.

I used aerosol Secret before using Dove, and my white shirts would get yellow stains in the armpit area after a while. Since I switched to Dove a couple years ago, this has yet to happen.

The smell is fantastic and is, indeed, fresh. The only downside is the packaging. The lid would certainly be improved with some sort of texture in order to get a better grip to take it off. If you use your lotion before deoderant, prepare to be frustrated trying to get the top off.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2008 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Schadenfrau

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Here I am with yet another deodorant review. A few friends had raved about Dove's Ultimate Clear in the cucumber/green tea scent, so I figured I would give it a shot. I'm glad I did, because it's certainly cheaper than the Donna Karan Cashmere Mist I used and liked, just as effective as the Clarins cream deodorant I feel pretty meh about, and it's far better than the various other Dove deodorants I've tried.

The product is effective, and the smell is quite pleasant. My boyfriend loves the scent, probably even more than I do. If you're not a fan of the prevalent baby-powder/"rain" scents found in most deodorants, you will probably like this as well. As mentioned previously, there is nothing clear about this stuff- it leaves a fair amount of white marks, but not as many as the non-Ultimate Clear Dove products. Most importantly, it's cheap- try it.

Edited to add that my love of the scent waned with the shrinking stick of deodorant. The white marks became more irksome, as well. I wish I could give this 2.5 stars.