Lancome Galatee Confort

Aqua, Paraffinum liquidum/mineral oil, Isopropyl myristate, Propylene glycol, Zea mays/ corn germ oil, Lecithin, Cyclodextrin, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-cyclohexene carboxaldehyde, Hydroxycitronellal, Wheat germ clycerides, Faex/yeast extract, Ethylparaben, Triethanolamine, Mel/honey, Polysorbate 20, Limonene, Mannitol, Linalool, Benzyl alcohol, Benzyl benzoate, Benzyl salicylate, Chondrus crispus (carrageenan), Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Alpha-isomethyl ionone, Carbomer, Geraniol, Disodium cocoamphodiacetate, Disodium succinate, Methylparaben, Citronellol, Butylphenyl methylpropional, Butylparaben, Coumarin, Prunus dulcis/sweet almond protein, Hexamidine disethionate, Hexyl cinnamal, Glycerin, Parfum

on 1/8/2010 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Other, Fine

I do love this cleanser. I had previously used Philosophy's Purity made simple cause I use a Clarisonic for cleansing and need a non-foaming cleanser. Purity leaves me a little to dry and stinks to high heaven like some sort of solvent. I love Lancome's skin care line & decided to try this as it is also non-foaming. It's a gentle milky cleanser that works beautifully with my Clarisonic brush. It only takes one pump and I apply directly to my face then use the brush. I feel super clean but not dried out. The smell is absolute heaven. I look forward to washing my face because of the gentle comforting smell and the soft feel. I think it would be great for: mature skin, dry skin, and any skin in the wintertime when the weather is harsh. It is expensive but it youove it, as I do, purchase the largest size and you will save money. I would repurchase at any cost, I love this so so much!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

At first I liked this b/c it felt moisturizing to use especially in winter. But after using it everyday consecutively for a week, i've noticed that it only smears my eye make-up around and i've gotten a number of clogged pores on my forehead and temples. The ingredients include mineral oil, which clogs pores. This cleanser deserves ZERO lippies, not the one that I was forced to choose here as the lowest rating.

on 9/7/2009 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I LOVE this cleanser. I use it instead of Cetaphil on my very sensitive/dry skin *every* day -- morning and night. The scent is very strong; my best friend described it as "motherly and comforting," but I can't put my finger on the exact scent. I HATE most fragrances, but I find this one really relaxing and I get so excited to wash my face just to smell it! Mmm...! The dispenser is so nice and I just love the packaging! It leaves my skin soft but it isn't some magical cleanser or something like that... I would never claim it has amazing properties. But still, this is my favorite cleanser and I am so glad I have the biggest bottle of it ever!

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This cleanser felt wonderful and soothing going on my face. It did not do a good job of removing dirt and make up however! Have to use alot of this product to remove my makeup (foundation, etc). Too expensive for its quality ($30).

on 6/10/2009 5:09:00 AM

very moisturizing, smells fantastic. really takes all of the makeup etc off and leaves your skin nice and soft.

on 6/10/2009 4:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used this a few times a few years back when I was new to buying highend products. At the time I thought this was wonderful. Really luxurious. Recently my cleansing routine has been somewhat lax (a quick swipe with a wipe and that was my idea of a cleanse). Unsuprisingly my skin was looking dull despite exfoliating, masks etc. So I decided to invest in a good quality cleanser and stick to a routine. As I have sensitive skin I decided to try this again. First off, the price, I paid 18 but that was a discounted price - it is probably 10% dearer than this. It is a lovely container - really thick plastic with a great pump dispenser at the top. However you cannot see in it (not even if you hold to the light, it is that thick) so you don't know how much is in it. It is also heavy so that does not give you a clue to how much is left. I have been using for a month. My verdict. Nice comforting smell but leaves greasy film on skin. You need two cleanses to get rid of low amounts of make up. Skin does not actually feel any more cleansed than using a wipe. Too expensive and will not be using again.

on 3/15/2009 3:30:00 AM

This is expensive, but I really like it. Rub it on, wipe it off. Smells great. And you don't need a moisturizer after.

on 3/8/2009 6:48:00 PM

LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff!!!! I have really dry skin and this is the only face wash that leaves my skin feeling nice and hydrated!!! Smells amazing too :)

on 2/14/2009 12:20:00 PM

I have gone through gallons of this stuff over the years. It is one of my favorite products and although I stray--right now I'm using MD Skincare All-in-One Cleanser/Toner----I'm sure I will come back to Galatee Confort. My niece has absolutely gorgeous skin (she's 30) with no wrinkles or breakouts ever, and this stuff is the only thing she has ever used for cleansing. It's pricey, but definitely worth it.

on 2/8/2009 5:09:00 PM

It doesnt remove makeup but i thought this cleanser was pretty good because it didnt dry out my dry skin. It was a very gentle cleanser and left my face feeling cleaning after i washed it. It made my skin clean and soft and didnt break my skin out after washing it. It kinda has a milky smell to it but it didnt really bother me.