September 1, 2014 | 1907 users online

Cleansers - Lancome - Galatee Confort

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2009 11:28:00 PM More reviews by macquadisiac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I LOVE this cleanser. I use it instead of Cetaphil on my very sensitive/dry skin *every* day -- morning and night. The scent is very strong; my best friend described it as "motherly and comforting," but I can't put my finger on the exact scent. I HATE most fragrances, but I find this one really relaxing and I get so excited to wash my face just to smell it! Mmm...! The dispenser is so nice and I just love the packaging! It leaves my skin soft but it isn't some magical cleanser or something like that... I would never claim it has amazing properties. But still, this is my favorite cleanser and I am so glad I have the biggest bottle of it ever!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/2/2009 9:38:00 PM More reviews by fabulousjewel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This cleanser felt wonderful and soothing going on my face. It did not do a good job of removing dirt and make up however! Have to use alot of this product to remove my makeup (foundation, etc). Too expensive for its quality ($30).

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2009 5:09:00 AM More reviews by barkercakes

very moisturizing, smells fantastic. really takes all of the makeup etc off and leaves your skin nice and soft.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2009 4:23:00 AM More reviews by Nosage

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I used this a few times a few years back when I was new to buying highend products. At the time I thought this was wonderful. Really luxurious. Recently my cleansing routine has been somewhat lax (a quick swipe with a wipe and that was my idea of a cleanse). Unsuprisingly my skin was looking dull despite exfoliating, masks etc. So I decided to invest in a good quality cleanser and stick to a routine. As I have sensitive skin I decided to try this again. First off, the price, I paid 18 but that was a discounted price - it is probably 10% dearer than this. It is a lovely container - really thick plastic with a great pump dispenser at the top. However you cannot see in it (not even if you hold to the light, it is that thick) so you don't know how much is in it. It is also heavy so that does not give you a clue to how much is left. I have been using for a month. My verdict. Nice comforting smell but leaves greasy film on skin. You need two cleanses to get rid of low amounts of make up. Skin does not actually feel any more cleansed than using a wipe. Too expensive and will not be using again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2009 3:30:00 AM More reviews by Luigina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is expensive, but I really like it. Rub it on, wipe it off. Smells great. And you don't need a moisturizer after.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2009 6:48:00 PM More reviews by Cannityk214

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff!!!! I have really dry skin and this is the only face wash that leaves my skin feeling nice and hydrated!!! Smells amazing too :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2009 12:20:00 PM More reviews by chocco

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have gone through gallons of this stuff over the years. It is one of my favorite products and although I stray--right now I'm using MD Skincare All-in-One Cleanser/Toner----I'm sure I will come back to Galatee Confort. My niece has absolutely gorgeous skin (she's 30) with no wrinkles or breakouts ever, and this stuff is the only thing she has ever used for cleansing. It's pricey, but definitely worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2009 5:09:00 PM More reviews by miumiubabe

It doesnt remove makeup but i thought this cleanser was pretty good because it didnt dry out my dry skin. It was a very gentle cleanser and left my face feeling cleaning after i washed it. It made my skin clean and soft and didnt break my skin out after washing it. It kinda has a milky smell to it but it didnt really bother me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2008 7:41:00 AM More reviews by Jfan

I have the worst type of unmanageable skin - hyper-sensitive, pimple-prone, pore-issues, extremely oily t-zone and extremely dry cheeks.
Yet since finding this 'milk' and adopting it as my all-in-one cleanser-cream-treatment, my skin's health improved majorly.

It isn't designed to remove long lasting makeup, but it does leave skin sparkling clean with a few cotton pads, if first you use makeup-remover on mascara etc.

I believe in leaving your skin 'bare-naked' at night to allow it to breathe and recover from all the torture of day-makeup products. And after applying this, I just wipe it off and hop into bed. Never a pimple! Without needing any washing, this saves time too, particularly great for winter!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2008 5:59:00 AM More reviews by barker85

I am obsessed with this product!!! It is easy, smells fabulous, and leaves my skin soft and bright! Its not greasy at all and I really can notice an improvement with my skin. I have mildly dry skin, and this is perfect and light. I end up doing my nightly routine earlier in the evening then normal because I love the way it feels so much! lol!