August 28, 2014 | 1844 users online

Powder - L'Oreal - Bare Naturale Powdered Mineral Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 10:03:00 AM More reviews by Shringar

I have been using this on and off for years, mostly on. I only try something else to see if it is better, but I always come back to this. It's quick and easy to apply, not expensive and the finish is great! People always comment on how perfect my skin is, not my make-up, which is great because it allows for buildable coverage where you need it and just a lovely evening of skin tone everywhere else. I didn't thing the brush is that great, but it does the job for this product well. I tried better kabuki brushes but they grab too much product and that will give you a dry, ghost-like finish. Trust me, a little goes a long way, so it lasts for like 3-4 months. For covering small discolorations and acne scars, just use a small eyeshadow brush, I have one dedicated for this, it's perfect for the little extra touch under the eyes too! Love it! The only thing about the packaging is that it can get a bit messy when traveling, but it is just fine sitting on the counter or table at home.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2013 11:08:00 AM More reviews by lcheramie1212

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have always liked the idea of mineral makeup MUCH more than the actual results, but this product has changed my mind. I have combination skin with very slight discoloration. Nothing major, but I've just never found a powder foundation that made my skin look as even and smooth as this does. The brush that comes with it is not great, I definitely had to get used to it, but overall it is a great product. The main thing I love is that is has medium-almost full coverage, but feels like NOTHING is on your face! I am admittedly a "cheap-o" and this is a little more than I usually spend on drug store makeup, but it is worth it. I will definitely be repurchasing!
***UPDATE*** This foundation worked wonderfully during the winter, when my skin tends to be super dry, but it didn't hold up quite as well in the summer when my skin is super oily. Not terrible, but I do have to blot once or twice throughout the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by xxjenniee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pros:
*Has medium to heavy coverage, amazing for a mineral foundation.
*I have sensitive skin and this did not break me out
*Easy to apply
*Looks very smooth and natural
*Does not sweat off
*Easily taken off with makeup remover

Cons:
*Sets into fine lines & pores after more than 6 hours
*Strong chemical smell that lasts throughout the day
*Easily transfers to clothing and other people
*Oily after 4 hours
*Oxidizes, so pick a color one shade lighter!
*Packaging sucks

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by CareBearrrr

I bought this product based on all the amazing reviews and here I am to add another one!! LOVE this foundation, it covers perfectly by itself without any liquid foundation underneath, and I can't even feel it on my face. It stays on all day and looks absolutely natural. Can't even tell I'm wearing makeup. Seriously, if you're still deciding, just stop and go buy it. You will not be disappointed :) (and ignore all the complaints about the packaging, yeah it could be better but it's honestly not that big of a deal. If it really bugs you then just transfer it to a different container. boom. problem solved. The actual product is totally worth it :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2012 9:06:00 PM More reviews by admilly101

I think it should be known that this is called "L'oreal True Match Mineral Foundation" now.
Overall Rating: 3/5
SKIN BACKGROUND: Oily, acne prone, SUPER sensitive, mild scarring and discoloration, beige skin with dominant yellow undertones.
PRICE: $12-16, which is a bit expensive for a drugstore to be honest :/
COVERAGE: This gives phenomenal coverage for a MMU. Light-High Medium, not quite full, but close. It definitely covers all my scars and discoloration, but as others have said before, this won't cover any large active blemishes- atleast not completely. You really dont need a lot of product to reach the high medium it gives.
FINISH: Very soft-powder matte finish, but still gives that sheen in the sunlight that most MMU's give, which is why I like MMU.
TEXTURE: I know I have claimed other foundations to be "light" and, "I can't even feel its there!" but when i say that, I usually mean that Its barely detectable, but I can still feel it. However, this is TRULY weightless, and soft.
SCENT: No scent
SPF: 19
LASTING POWER: This is one of the only 2 gripes I have with this product. It is in no way, shape or form an oil control MMU. I definitely need a primer underneath. It starts to wear off around 3 hours, which is a bit unfortunate :(
SHADES: I fist bought that shade "Soft Ivory", because the other shades looked too dark, but this shade turned out to be very VERY white and pale. So I bought "Light Ivory" instead, which matches me a whole lot better :) I think they provide an almost adequat amount of shades, although they could add some darker shades for our darker women out there :)
DID THIS BREAK ME OUT?: Nope! Gentle formula, just as it claims.
PACKAGING: As everyone else has complained, the brush is pointless. I have no intention of using it. I wish they had skipped the brush and just put the product in a normal jar, with a sifter and a sealer for the sifter.
WOULD I REPURCHASE?: No :( Even though I like it, it does not stay on my face.
ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: One other thing I appreciate about this mineral makeup is they do provide quite a bit of product compared to other MMU's. You get 10 grams of product, which is more than Bare Minerals gives you. PLUS a little goes a long way, so this jar should last me a long time!
FINAL VERDICT: If it had better lasting power, and was more mattifying, it would be my HG.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2012 5:40:00 AM More reviews by Annushka

I had this ages ago when it first came out, and i used it all up until it had finished. it was my favourite powder at the time. Could look chalky if you applied too much in an area and was decent at oil control. The colour range is also decent. The brush on the end of it is rubbish, very scratchy and doesnt distribute the product evenly, probably because it has a tiny head. the packaging was sturdy and didnt break, it did get abit messy but so long as you didnt tip too much out it was okay. The coverage was light, though you could build to medium very carefully as the chalky issue may happen. Lasted about 5 hours until it began to fade in patches and does accentuate dry spots (my nose area and mouth)
I wouldnt buy this again because in australia the price is steep. i would rather just pay $20 extra and get a HE foundation or powder foundation. also the container means you cant fit any other large brushes in there so thats a problem. For powder foundation, nothing beats youngblood loose mineral foundation; that stuff is the shiz. Coverage, longevity, colour range, finish; it ticks all the boxes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2012 4:53:00 PM More reviews by pikacharma

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I've got oily skin prone to breakouts, and this is pretty much the only mineral foundation I've ever been able to wear. It's not quite a holy grail, but it's WAY better on my skin than any other mineral foundation I've tried.

PROS:

- Not overly sparkly or shiny, so doesn't greatly amplify oiliness or shine like a lot of "dewy" or "naturally glowing" mineral foundations tend to do.

- Doesn't turn bizarre colors as the day goes on - no darkening, no random brown or orange tints popping up out of nowhere.

- Impressive coverage for a mineral foundation. This might not entirely hide a monster zit, but it'll definitely cover minor blemishes, splotchiness, uneven skin tones, and general daily annoyances that most powders won't quite hide.

- Doesn't clog my pores, break me out, or appear to irritate my skin in any way. (Been using this for a few months now with no ill effects)

- Doubles as a sun screen (SPF19)

- Very reasonably priced (Under 10 bucks)

- Awesome built-in applicator

- A TON of warm and cool shades available

CONS:

- No mattifying power in its own right, so it still needs to be paired with anti-oil primers, is best avoided in super-humid weather, and looks kind of bizarre if you do have a mega oil attack.

- Still has a bit of mineral shine in its own right, so - despite being better than most - it's not completely off the hook in that category.

Basically, this is the best I've found in the "mineral powder foundation appropriate for oily, imperfect skin" category, and it's way quicker and easier than having to mess with a traditional foundation and setting powder, but it still has its limits.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2012 12:05:00 AM More reviews by Nirvarna0

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I usually use Everyday Minerals but I tried this and was so surprised. I am very fair and the color was almost too light, which I actually ended up liking a lot. When I was almost out, I started using it as a concealer and it worked AWESOME. The only reason I haven't bought more is the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2012 12:23:00 PM More reviews by kateb18

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My favorite foundation, from someone who hates foundation. Shades blend well with my very pale skin (I use soft ivory or natural ivory depending on how red my face is that day). This is quite a feat because foundations are almost always too orange, too pink, or too yellow for my skin. Coverage is fantastic and better than liquid foundations (hate) that I've tried- I don't have to use much to even out my skin, and can easily build coverage where necessary. The little container lasts forever. IMO this offers better coverage and a better variety of shades for pale skin than the more expensive bareminerals brand. Gripes: (1) the packaging sucks and (2) I think it may contribute to my breakouts at times - like many cheap foundations it has some not-so-great ingredients.

I will be devastated if they ever discontinue this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2012 3:01:00 AM More reviews by tracy021

I've been using this for a few years because even though it's a powder it goes on silky smooth and has great coverage. I have to play with it so it's even over my face (takes about 5 minutes) but hey what's 5 minutes when it makes your skin look so good. I just have to be sure that my skin is well moisturized and exfoliated before applying but it's worth the extra time.