December 19, 2014 | 1231 users online

Hair Treatments - Loma - Pearatin Fortifying Repairative Serum

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2009 11:45:00 AM More reviews by jijigirl

I thought that this serum was very mediocre. I actually get better results with Paul Mitchell skinny serum. I will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2009 2:27:00 PM More reviews by retrokitty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My stylist introduced this product to me, and glad she did because it works wonders on my hair! I have thick, wavy hair and it's color treated, so it can get dry at times. I put a dab of this in my hair before blowdrying or even when I go to bed with my hair damp and the results are soft, shiny, manageable hair with no frizzy curls. The smell is divine too. A little goes a long ways and the bottle will last you forever it seems. i sometimes just apply it to the ends of my hair, when I don't need an all over treatment. And I have to agree with the other reviewer who said her bottles always explode on (plane) trips. Mine does too! Very wierd. I just got back from NY with an empty bottle of Peratin. Not because I used it all, because it exploded in my toiletry bag on the flight back. *sigh*..now I have to go out and purchase another bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2009 3:52:00 PM More reviews by bright_truth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best serum I have ever tried. My longtime stylist (10+ years) recommended it and now I can't get enough of it. It's the only serum that really seems to sink into my hair and silken it and not just sit on top. I use it before blow-drying along with a heavier smoothing cream, and also use a dab after straightening for extra shine. Only downside is the bottles always seem to explode in my suitcase when I go on a trip...

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2008 6:16:00 PM More reviews by Natlee06

I love this stuff! My stylist who happens to be my mother inlaw got me hooked on it. She sells me it for 8 bucks which is how much she buys it for. When I use it my hair is softer and way more managable. I use it and Lomas volumizing cream to get my hair nice and straight. I have used most of the other brand serums buth they just make my hair look oily. If you use a flat iron as much as me I would suggest buying this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2008 4:56:00 PM More reviews by ageleg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

OK, MUA is not good for my wallet at ALL! LOL! I bought this based on the reviews here; not expecting much. Well, I will say this is probably better than Chi Silk Infusion (which I like a lot) and just as good or better than Ciment Thermique (which I LOVE)! I followed up my deep condition with Kerastase Masquintense, which is superb, with this serum. I put on a generous amount all over my my bleached blonde hair as well as my extensions, and fell in love immediately. Even on wet uncombed hair, I could tell a difference. It made my hair so easy to comb and blowdry. I then put more before I flat ironed. It never felt like I put too much and my hair never felt greasy. Love this and will buy more next paycheque. Thanks MUA! UPDATE: I still love this stuff and alternate it with Moroccan oil every wash. It never leaves my hair weighed down and really seems to do a magical thing to my hair. My hair just drinks this up! I already have another full bottle waiting to be used but I'm tempted to stock up!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2008 12:19:00 AM More reviews by jamiemp

I'm really at a loss for why this doesn't work for me. I've actually purchased this twice. The first time, I happened to come across it (this was before I had even started reading reviews on this site), and tried it for a few days. It made absolutely no difference in my hair, and I gave it to my sister. A couple of months ago, I saw the stunning reviews here on MUA, and decided to give it another try. Again, NOTHING changed in my hair. It smells good, and isn't expensive, but I just don't understand the hype.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2008 11:41:00 PM More reviews by csk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Edit: It's November of 2012, and, despite trying a lot of stuff along the way, I'm STILL using this five years later. Really, the best leave in treatment I've ever found. Truly 5 stars - I've give it more if I could!

Original Review: I have to truly thank everyone who reviewed this product, which made me search for it and try it out. This is really magic in a bottle. I can't believe what it does to hair, and I've used a lot of serums and leave-ins in my time - the most recent glosses are Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum, Frederic Fekkai Glossing Cream, Redken Glass, and as far as leave-in treatments Kiehl's Heat Protective Styling Cream, Redken Anti-Snap, Nioxin Silk Elixir are what I've most recently used. This Loma serum works better than any of the one leave-ins or serums I've ever tried- it tames frizz yet also really seems to nourish my hair.

For reference I have straightish/wavy coarse hair - admittedly some strands are just plain frizz wires - and I have tons of this unfortunate hair, which is why I'm always on the quest for something that will help it out. I was really skeptical of this serum at first, since it seems so runny, and I was used to something more dense. But once I put some in and carefully combed it through my damp hair, it was seriously like a miraculous transformation had taken place - my hair felt smooth and soft down to the very tips. As it dried, it felt healthy, soft, and manageable. It almost felt like I had a new head of hair.

I did, however, have to put some FF glossing cream to weigh my hair down a bit more, as this doesn't lend shape to hair - it just turns your hair into good hair. Also, I think I may be using more that most folks, as I don't think my bottle will last more than a couple months. But it's the absolute, without-a-doubt best stuff I've ever used, smells great, and I will gladly repurchase it again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2008 10:01:00 PM More reviews by carlingus

the only hair product i use. workds extremely well as a pre treatment for flat ironing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2008 5:00:00 PM More reviews by guccilights

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this stuff for about 2 years, it's my favorite hair product i've ever used! My hair stylist sells this to me for just 10$. It makes my hair soft, silky, and the flyaways are gone. I put a bit on my wet hair before i blow dry and, if I need it, a tiny bit more once it's dry. My hair looks flawless all day. The smell is great too.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2008 4:08:00 AM More reviews by jamiefox

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

FANTASTIC!
I'm a serum junkie.
You name it, I've tried it.
I absolutely LOVE this serum.
I have found my HG and I'm never switching unless this is discontinued and that would be a sad day for me.
I love the way this makes my hair feel.
It has such nourishing ingredients and you don't need to use much.
The smell of this serum is really nice.
This serum is more runny/thin than most others, but that doesn't matter to me at all since it works so well.
I've spoken to the owner of this company and he is a brilliant chemist and really cares about what goes into his products.
The whole Loma Pearatin line is fantastic.
The Hydrating Creme shampoo is truly wonderful!
Why buy Pureology when the Loma Pearatin line is so much better?
Check out the products in the line here: