April 20, 2014 | 1816 users online

Eyeliner - Annabelle - Smoothliners

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2009 9:14:00 PM More reviews by b1ush

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I always have issues with my eyeliner smudging on my oily lids, but this is the first eyeliner that can actually last half the day.
I haven't tried out many eyeliners so my review may not be the best to compare to, but this went on very smoothly and the colour came out very dark and black.
As I said before, it does smudge a bit by midday, but it's the best liner I've found so far.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2009 2:09:00 PM More reviews by abcx123

After reading the reviews, I picked this up in "Brownie". The colour is perfect, looks like black from far away, but less harsh. As mentioned before, it is very smooth. I was surprised when I first used it. However, I don't think I'll repurchase because it smudges on me in a few hours and I have to constantly check my eyeliner (I have oily lids though and I've never had much success with eyeliner on my lower lids). Recommeded if you don't have oily lids.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2009 7:21:00 PM More reviews by complete_cutie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just picked the black one up from my local drugstore and I must say I love it! The color is very powerful and the staying power is amazing. I'm used to an eyeliner where I have to reapply it various times a day but with this one I put it on in the morning and it lasts all day. Its dirt cheap and goes on smoothly, no need to push hard or go over the area more then once. It's a great product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2009 5:14:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

Yes, these are excellent. Super super creamy and smooth, and very dark (I have the black one). At the end of the day, it still looks like a sharp line, which I can't say about other liners I've tried. I hate how it smudges all over my sharpener, and is such a pain to clean off. However, that's a small price to pay for such a great liner.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2008 7:22:00 PM More reviews by Lexx13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

These smooth liners are waterproof, and they glide on like butter. I've tried liners from many brands, and this one blows them out of the water!
I use it on my waterline and it lasts ALL DAY. The black is really dark and intense, highly pigmented.
Does not irritate my sensitive eyes.
Super cheap.
edit: I always have this in my purse as a back up liner, but I think I like CG new liquiline blast better :)) blackfire is even more intense black than this!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2008 11:17:00 PM More reviews by saraxiao

When i first bought and used this product, i did like it a lot coz it's very pigmented, creamy and easily to be applied. But after i wore it for a while, it started smudging when the weather was hot and my eyelid was getting really oily. However, as a drugstore brand eyeliner, i think it's pretty decent considering the quality and price. I recommend this product to someone who have dry and non-oily eyelids or only use it in winter or fall time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2008 3:17:00 AM More reviews by pinkbrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been hearing great things about this product, so I thought I would give it a try. I purchased black and brownie. I wore brownie today, it's nice, glides on easily, shows up pretty well.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/4/2008 10:12:00 AM More reviews by lollipops_123

GAH! I REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted to love this eyeliner. Except it just didn't work out. It was fine in the winter time. No sweat, it wouldn't run down my face like the summertime and fall. I always found by the end of the day it'd be smudeged. It mostly be smudged under my eyes which extrememly annoyed me. I'm still on a hunt for my HG liner, but for now i suppose i might as well use up the rest of this. I may someday reperchase the eyeliner if i can't find anything better. Considering the price i payed for it, really dissapointed me. I think that it may have worked on people with dry lids, other wise I am very active through out the day reason why it might have smudged on me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2008 3:32:00 PM More reviews by roots66

I've been doing a lot of research on here, trying to find the verdict on the best pencil liners available. I've been fairly loyal to the automatic-style pencils for years (namely Revlon Colorstay and Almay Amazing), but I've lately grown increasingly frustrated with their faults--poor color payoff, difficult to apply, impossible to sharpen to a fine point, not nearly as smudge-proof as they claim, etc. and so on. I was just about to shell out for either a UD 24/7 Zero or a MAC Powerpoint Engraved when I stumbled upon the Annabelle reviews, which basically dubbed Smoothliner as the bargain-basement equivalent to those--some folks even declared it to be better! I'm so pleased with it I probably won't ever have to do a comparison with UD or MAC--and my wallet will be all the happier for it. So far I've only tried it in black, and only on my lower lashline (I use liquid on the upper lashline).

PROS: Smooth consistency, effortless application, rich pigmentation, long-wearing, reasonably priced, easy to sharpen (some earlier reviewers complained of the opposite, but my el cheapo NYC sharpener works just fine).

CONS: Needs frequent sharpening--but I'll take that over not being able to sharpen it at all. Smudges a teensy-weensy bit after a few hours--but I'm starting to believe there's no such thing as a completely non-smudging pencil, so I can deal with it. (Doesn't seem to smudge much further after you wipe off the initial round of schmutz--bonus!) Like all long-wearing liners, you need an oily-style remover to get it off, and even then traces of it will remain.

Quite possibly an HG! I'm going to try the Brownie and Gunmetal shades pretty soon. Since it was on sale, I also picked up an Annabelle Kohl pencil in black just for the heck of it, and it's excellent as well--a softer shade of black, good for when I want a more subtle look. Naturally it's of a slightly smudgier nature, but somehow it's way less smudgetastic than the kohls I recall from my panda-eyed youth! Overall these liners are among the best Canadian discoveries I've made since moving here from NYC seven years ago.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2008 3:08:00 PM More reviews by yoyomofo

well i bought this liner in my never-ending search for liner that doesn't disappear or end up making me look like a raccoon after 2 hours of wearing it. i kind of thought it would be crap but i bought two of them because they were fairly cheap ($5.75 CAD) and said they were waterproof. well let me tell you how surprised i was when they actually were waterproof and budgeproof! they last all day! and the best part is that you can still smudge them for a smokey look right after you put them on and after about 60 seconds the look is sealed! they also apply like a dream (so smooth and creamy) and blend super nicely! i was so impressed i went back to buy them in every colour but they only had black left. so i now own them in brownie (fave), bronze, and black! i hope they come out with some limited edition ones soon since i missed out on all the le's last year:(